ADVERTISEMENT

USC vs Stanford Women

Chuck C

HR Legend
Mar 6, 2011
USC up 40-31 at half. If USC wins, PAC 10 will probably get 2 number 1 seeds.

Also here is an obligatory Cameron Brink pic
0_cameron-brink-caitlin-clark.png

Yup. Just gonna depend on which result we want that will benefit Iowa the most.

A USC win could bump us to that 4th 1 seed.

That could work in our favor to draw UCLA or Texas depending on if they win the Big 12 title.

Of course, I worry about the committee saying "lol f*** you Iowa, we want ratings" and throw LSU in our region.

They should be 7th and paired with one of the Pac 12 champs as punishments for that bullsh** today, but we know they'll screw Iowa over.

Reactions: bulletproof90
JuJu only 4 points after three quarters.
This is probably the 5th USC game I’ve watched this year. This is the first time I’ve seen her defended like this. They have a defender that is constantly shadowing her as soon as she passes the half court. Like I said earlier, she’s getting the CC treatment. It’ll be interesting to see how she handles it the rest of her career as that will probably become the norm.

I don’t think the Pac12 will get two #1 seeds. I think the winner will be #2 overall and the loser will fall to a #2 regional seed (#6 or #8 overall, but not #7… LSU would be my #7). Also, assuming Texas and UConn win their respective conference tournaments (most likely), I’m guessing they will be seeded #4 and #5 overall respectively. ND is my pick for the final #2 regional seed. In my opinion, Iowa is most likely set with the #3 overall seed.

Last edited:
USC with a 35-17 rebounding edge, 15-3 on the offensive end...if the stats I'm looking at are correct🤷‍♂️

I don’t think the Pac12 will get two #1 seeds. I think the winner will be #2 overall and the loser will fall to a #2 regional seed (#6 or #8 overall, but not #7… LSU would be my #7). Also, assuming Texas and UConn win their respective conference tournaments, I’m guessing they will be seeded #4 and #5 overall respectively. ND is my pick for the final #2 regional seed.
I don't see Stanford dropping off the 1 line.

Both them and South Carolina have been locked in there in mocks for a while now.

If anything they drop to the 4th line and USC takes the 2nd 1 seed and Iowa sticks with the 3rd 1 seed.

That would be ideal for Iowa avoiding South Carolina until the NCG, although to be honest I'm not sure yet who I'd want to play in the FF..........if we get there of course.

We still need to play better than we did today if we want to make a repeat possible.

That would be ideal for Iowa avoiding South Carolina until the NCG, although to be honest I'm not sure yet who I'd want to play in the FF..........if we get there of course.

We still need to play better than we did today if we want to make a repeat possible.
I've watched South Carolina a few times this year and they're really physical. I honestly think that the only WCB team that can match them - physical-wise - and take them down in the NCAA Tournament is Ohio State who has a bunch of really top notch players

I don't see Stanford dropping off the 1 line.

Both them and South Carolina have been locked in there in mocks for a while now.

If anything they drop to the 4th line and USC takes the 2nd 1 seed and Iowa sticks with the 3rd 1 seed.

You could be right about that as the PAC 12 appears to be the best conference. I am just thinking that the selection committee might want to give one of the five top seeds to each of the P5 conferences.

You could be right about that as the PAC 12 appears to be the best conference. I am just thinking that the selection committee might want to give one of the five top seeds to each of the P5 conferences.
I think part of the idea is that they get two P12 teams out in Portland for attendance/ratings.

Honestly, it could be interchangeable between the 4 and the 5, which is why I think Iowa is in a good spot to take that 3rd 1 seed.

They could keep Stanford a 1 or put them at 2 and let a Texas be the 1, but they'd still potentially get that west coast team in Portland.

The question now becomes who will be the 2 in our region.

I think part of the idea is that they get two P12 teams out in Portland for attendance/ratings.

Honestly, it could be interchangeable between the 4 and the 5, which is why I think Iowa is in a good spot to take that 3rd 1 seed.

They could keep Stanford a 1 or put them at 2 and let a Texas be the 1, but they'd still potentially get that west coast team in Portland.

The question now becomes who will be the 2 in our region.
Once again you make a good point regarding the locations of the regionals. I was discounting that as a factor. Still I like the idea of Stanford as a potential regional final for Iowa and the possibility for a Caitlin / Juju matchup which could appeal to the committee.

Yup. Just gonna depend on which result we want that will benefit Iowa the most.

A USC win could bump us to that 4th 1 seed.

That could work in our favor to draw UCLA or Texas depending on if they win the Big 12 title.

Of course, I worry about the committee saying "lol f*** you Iowa, we want ratings" and throw LSU in our region.

They should be 7th and paired with one of the Pac 12 champs as punishments for that bullsh** today, but we know they'll screw Iowa over.

I dont see how Iowa should be a 1 seed. Doing the eye test with the exception of Clark we are whollfully under sized. Watching the sec and pac12 championship games I dont see how Iowa could hang with them

You put Iowa at 2 or 3. Put LSU on the same side as Iowa and just hope you get the LSU vs Iowa rematch. Then the NCAA is set with an awesome match for South Carolina in the championship. Ratings bonanza.

Reactions: MitchLL
I dont see how Iowa should be a 1 seed. Doing the eye test with the exception of Clark we are whollfully under sized. Watching the sec and pac12 championship games I dont see how Iowa could hang with them
Good news is that Clark is in our team and the selection committee will account for that.

If Iowa played with the effort they had in the 2nd half and overtime I'd give them a good shot at beating Stanford, LSU, and Southern Cal.

If Iowa played with the effort they had in the 2nd half and overtime I'd give them a good shot at beating Stanford, LSU, and Southern Cal.
Stanford looked lost against more than one serviceable guard. I feel good about that matchup tbh

I don’t think the Pac12 will get two #1 seeds. I think the winner will be #2 overall and the loser will fall to a #2 regional seed (#6 or #8 overall, but not #7… LSU would be my #7). Also, assuming Texas and UConn win their respective conference tournaments (most likely), I’m guessing they will be seeded #4 and #5 overall respectively. ND is my pick for the final #2 regional seed. In my opinion, Iowa is most likely set with the #3 overall seed.
Same.

I’d rather have this year’s Hannah plus o’grady and others, than Monica last year, and we took down South Carolina last year. I view it like those men’s UConn and Villanova teams that have been dangerous. Strong ball handlers who can stroke the 3.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT