ADVERTISEMENT

USPS in Iowa

We get mail almost every day but it's not until between 6 and 7 PM. Some days there is just nothing.
I'd be okay if they delivered a couple times a week... I know people with medicine or such might have more urgent needs...

It would not surprise me if Grassley had been contacted by some 80 year olds that got phishing mail that told them a package was on the way.
That way they could be conned out of money later.
Look it may or may not be a problem. But if Grassley is out there banging the drum about this problem, i'll wait for actual specifics. Chuckles is well known to cry wolf over things the elderly complain about.

Reactions: lucas80
dairy queen 90s GIF

It would not surprise me if Grassley had been contacted by some 80 year olds that got phishing mail that told them a package was on the way.
That way they could be conned out of money later.
Look it may or may not be a problem. But if Grassley is out there banging the drum about this problem, i'll wait for actual specifics. Chuckles is well known to cry wolf over things the elderly complain about.
It's not limited to Iowa. Other states are also a hot mess.

I heard a podcast that said something surprisingly like 80-90 percent of the USPS routes are considered rural. Who the eff wants to move their steering wheel and pedals of one of their personal cars?

That's weird, my eastside IC mailwoman has been doing our route for several years now, probably a decade or more, and she couldn't be a friendlier or nicer person. She stops and has a chat with our cats and the dog as they often greet her at the door or spy on her through the window.

If my mail is late, it probably slips by without me noticing the mailing date, I don't have much mail that is time sensitive for me.
She’s awesome. Always waives at the dog. If I’m outside I can hear her coming from a block away some days. She talks non stop on the phone to someone.

Reactions: GOHOX69
My mail guy is awesome. Of course we give him a nice gift over the holidays. Maybe some of you having issues should open your wallet. 🤷

My mail guy is awesome. Of course we give him a nice gift over the holidays. Maybe some of you having issues should open your wallet. 🤷
I used to when I knew my mail guy. These days I have a new person pretty much weekly.

Maybe the Radical Right will be happier when all those mail in ballots don't get returned or if they get lost?

Then they'll need a new excuse why Republicans lost again.

Reactions: GOHOX69
If you are talking about the Ernie in Cedar Rapids. He actually turns 90 next week and is still delivering mail. He started in October of 1959. He's a legend!
Yes sir I didn’t want to exaggerate his age. He sure is a legend 90 dang. He does a great job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT