ADVERTISEMENT

VERY UNDERWELMING

It’s going to be a looooooooong year

If we can even survive tonight, which I’m doubtful for at this point, I’m seeing 6-6 at best.

I hate to blame the refs but our wide receivers and tight ends but they are getting held and nothing is being called.

With that said, go four wide with our players and make some plays in the run and passing game.

Reactions: mrF6n6
Aren’t you all glad we didn’t lose money to play Alabama in some kickoff classic?

When was the last time Iowa actually looked good in the first half of the first game of the season? Hell, they've been a lot worse than this. At least they are winning.
This. I was hoping to come out the gates running on all cylinders but this is more typical, and I’m honestly not worried.

Man, I sure knows how to lay an egg. Espenesa looks like a street free agent. If he keeps this up with no pressure no way he's a top 5 or 31st pick. There rest of the DE are terrible too. And let us not forget the over hype of the WR"S. They are unable to get open in the field.
What a mess!

That's football!

AND when is IOWA EVER going to have a TRUE freshman LIGHT it up?
always on the other team putting it to Iowa.

Arrrggghhh!

The only problem I've seen so far and it's a big one is our defensive backfield. I didn't realize we would have this kind of problem with players picking up the ball and going up after it. If this doesn't get straightened out we can't compete. Miami is doing things right by getting the ball out of the QBs hands before our line can be a factor.

The only problem I've seen so far and it's a big one is our defensive backfield. I didn't realize we would have this kind of problem with players picking up the ball and going up after it. If this doesn't get straightened out we can't compete. Miami is doing things right by getting the ball out of the QBs hands before our line can be a factor.

Iowa State will do the same but with better athletes. Hawks D has a way to go still...

Reactions: And1Hawk
Man, I sure knows how to lay an egg. Espenesa looks like a street free agent. If he keeps this up with no pressure no way he's a top 5 or 31st pick. There rest of the DE are terrible too. And let us not forget the over hype of the WR"S. They are unable to get open in the field.
What a mess!

That's football!

Arrrggghhh!

You are a mess

Reactions: pink shizzle
Frankly, I'll take it. Offensively, I saw exactly what I wanted and expected to see. Nate was able to get a bunch of different guys involved. We were taking shots down the field ... and we were largely able to run at will.

At first, I was a little concerned about our pass-rush ... but then I made the realization that Phil probably prioritized stopping the run since he knew that Miami would be starting an inexperienced QB. In all frankness, Phil was probably surprised at how well the opposing QB was throwing the ball. He probably figured that stopping the run would set up the rest.

What a mess!

That's football!

Arrrggghhh!
How’s that crow taste?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT