ADVERTISEMENT

Veteran pro surfer killed by sharks in Hawaii

jamesvanderwulf

HR Legend
Nov 27, 2015
People's Republic of Johnson County

Shark attack kills 'Pirates of the Caribbean' actor and famed surfer Tamayo Perry in Hawaii A Hawaii surfer and lifeguard, whose skills and charisma saw him cast in Hollywood movies, was killed in an apparent shark attack in Hawaii on Sunday.NBC NEWS

• Sad
Reactions: seminoleed
Shark attack kills 'Pirates of the Caribbean' actor and famed surfer Tamayo Perry in Hawaii A Hawaii surfer and lifeguard, whose skills and charisma saw him cast in Hollywood movies, was killed in an apparent shark attack in Hawaii on Sunday.NBC NEWS

Happens brah. Shark like Ohno grinds, human suffice.

When I was in Maui long ago, a bride got her Achilles tendon snapped off by a reef shark when they were taking post wedding photos. Ma nature can still f you up. You're playing in their habitat not the other way around.

Reactions: TDJ7
Happens brah. Shark like Ohno grinds, human suffice.

When I was in Maui long ago, a bride got her Achilles tendon snapped off by a reef shark when they were taking post wedding photos. Ma nature can still f you up. You're playing in their habitat not the other way around.
You probably don't remember but back in the day ( early '70's ) there was a public defender by the name of Preston Penny, part of the Joe Johnson and Leon Spies law firm. Preston owned the COD Steam Clean Laundry where all the hippies hung out. ( Elrays live and dive now ). He was the public defender for one of my employees who got busted for pot. Anyhow on his honeymoon in Hawaii, he ( Preston ) and his new bride were scuba diving and got forced into a cave as the tide came in and they both drowned. My buddy ended up getting sentenced to 5 years at Anamosa, paroled after 14 months...

You probably don't remember but back in the day ( early '70's ) there was a public defender by the name of Preston Penny, part of the Joe Johnson and Leon Spies law firm. Preston owned the COD Steam Clean Laundry where all the hippies hung out. ( Elrays live and dive now ). He was the public defender for one of my employees who got busted for pot. Anyhow on his honeymoon in Hawaii, he ( Preston ) and his new bride were scuba diving and got forced into a cave as the tide came in and they both drowned. My buddy ended up getting sentenced to 5 years at Anamosa, paroled after 14 months...
CSB

Wow. I do know Joe and Leon well. You are the new Irving Weber my friend. Iowa city runs in your blood.

roy scheider jaws GIF

Right?

I mean, I feel bad for people from places like Iowa who have never seen an ocean before, don't understand its power, and drown the minute they jump in.

This dude knew what he was getting into.
You just described someone not knowing what they were getting into…and then said he knew what he was getting into.
If a guy and his new wife drowning on their honeymoon has you first thinking how it’s his fault, then you need a little more positivity in your life.

Reactions: Moral and GOHOX69
Long story short, no shark attack here. ;)

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
shoulda chose the electracution. diaper don tried to warn him.
Shocked this thread lasted that long before someone mentioned electrocuting the shark. Why isn’t Biden electrifying surfboards to protect American surfers?!

Died doing what he loved.

Really not a bad way to go.
I used to think this way.
Had a buddy whose dad died doing what he loved. My buddy said that made it worse for them. They can’t think of the fun times they used to have together doing what he loved because it brought back the pain of his death. They wished he would have died doing something he hated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT