ADVERTISEMENT

'View' co-host credits Trump for attending funeral of NYPD officer while Biden fundraises with celebrities

no cash bail is one of those things that i think people intentionally misunderstand

if someone is accused of a crime, their ability to get bail or pre-trial release should be based on what they are accused of...not their ability to put up a large amount of money

i will never understand why so called conservatives and the people who are VERY concerned about innocent until proven guilty (in very specific circumstances) and the people who are most vocal about the weaponization of the government against those least able to fight back don't agree the above statement

if 2 people, one rich and one poor, are accused of the same crime, the rich guy shouldn't get to wait until trial at his house while the poor guy has to stay in jail, simply because he can temporarily hand over a big sum of money

Depending on if they are danger to society to be released.

I mean if you are attacking random people with no obvious motive than maybe you should stay in jail no matter if you are rich or poor.

Depending on if they are danger to society to be released.

I mean if you are attacking random people with no obvious motive than maybe you should stay in jail no matter if you are rich or poor.
yes...bail should be based on the alleged crime...not how much money you can hand over

I read this thread and all I can think is... Who bleeping cares? If your vote is influenced by which event one of your 80+ year old men options chooses to attended on a night in March, there's no help for you anyway.

From a high view optics standpoint Biden attending some gala at Radio City Music Hall with a bunch of rich elites that only the top 1% of Americans could get an invite to doesn't exactly scream man of the people everyday Joe... but again who cares? it's March and absolutely nobody is going to think about this kind of crap come November. But as gas creeps back up near $4 a gallon here, I can tell you that will impact how some will vote.

Reactions: sober_teacher
What makes this cop's murder so different that Trump shows up at it or that the idiot OP seems to think it's worth starting a thread about?

He's not the first cop to be murdered this year.
The perp who shot him was a predicate felon with 21 prior arrests.

The driver of the car had 14 prior arrests, spent nearly a decade in prison for shooting another man, and was out on bail on yet another pending gun case.

The officers murder is a perfect example of why the liberal wokers mantra of don't lockem up is a terrible way to run a judicial system.

Reactions: HIWILLE
It should also be based on the likelihood of you committing a crime while out on bail. When you have been arrested 5 or more times in a couple years, I'd call that probability pretty good.
That is not at all the purpose of bail. The intent of bail is to make sure you show up in court. That is all. If someone is judged likely to commit another crime, they shouldn’t get bail at all, no matter how much the amount.

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

No. The amount of bail should in no way be predicated on the likelihood of reoffending. .
I said getting bail or not should be based on the likelihood of committing a crime while out on bail (or fleeing).

You said, "If someone is judged likely to commit another crime, they shouldn’t get bail at all"

How are these different?

I said getting bail or not should be based on the likelihood of committing a crime while out on bail (or fleeing).

You said, "If someone is judged likely to commit another crime, they shouldn’t get bail at all"

How are these different?
You're talking about getting bail, period. He's talking about the AMOUNT said bail could/should be.

If that's not what you're saying, apologies in advance.

How are these different?
Again, the only legit purpose of bail is to prevent fleeing. It has nothing to do with the likelihood of committing a crime. Nothing at all. Bail isn’t going to stop someone from reoffending. If they are likely to offend, a threat to the public, deny bail.

Nice repost something that was disproven. It was paid off by tunnel to towers, an organization that solely exists to pay off mortgages of fallen officers.

See here is a press release all about it.

Nice repost something that was disproven. It was paid off by tunnel to towers, an organization that solely exists to pay off mortgages of fallen officers.

See here is a press release all about it.
Comprehend Much?

My meme clearly said "it is reported" that means it could or could not be accurate.

Comprehend Much?

My meme clearly said "it is reported" that means it could or could not be accurate.
Comprehend much.

It is reported is BS. He did not. it's fact he didn't. You can just post something that says 'it is reported' when it has been proven not true and then say it may or may not be accurate. I even gave you the damn press release that says who paid for it.

This is one of the reasons nobody likes you. Can't even just admit you got duped and two seconds of googling would have answered, for you, if it was accurate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT