ADVERTISEMENT

Violence for fun

We have become soft and unwilling to punish incorrect behavior as a society. Couple that with the lack of fathers in homes and you have created a bunch of grown boys that masquerade as men.

Reactions: BrianNole777
We have become soft and unwilling to punish incorrect behavior as a society. Couple that with the lack of fathers in homes and you have created a bunch of grown boys that masquerade as men.

Crime has had a minor bump since the pandemic but is still way down since the good old days that conservatives pine for.

These guys are scum, lock them up and throw away the key. But you can find individual instances of scum throughout American history. Main difference is that the stories only survive as well known for so long and most of them didn't record it to make their convictions and life sentences so incredibly easy.

Fatherless homes are a huge problem, some lead to crime as an inordinate number of modern criminals grew up without fathers. But the bigger issue is that neither the men nor the women who grow up without fathers know how to exist in healthy relationships or marriages. Add to that less secure emotional attachments, more questionable financial circumstances.

Crime has had a minor bump since the pandemic but is still way down since the good old days that conservatives pine for.

These guys are scum, lock them up and throw away the key. But you can find individual instances of scum throughout American history. Main difference is that the stories only survive as well known for so long and most of them didn't record it to make their convictions and life sentences so incredibly easy.

Fatherless homes are a huge problem, some lead to crime as an inordinate number of modern criminals grew up without fathers. But the bigger issue is that neither the men nor the women who grow up without fathers know how to exist in healthy relationships or marriages. Add to that less secure emotional attachments, more questionable financial circumstances.
And that is the cycle that we are in now. One plays off the other and when you are desperate financially, it always leads to more crime.

And that is the cycle that we are in now. One plays off the other and when you are desperate financially, it always leads to more crime.

I would agree with that. But financial desperation is not just on fatherless homes. It's also on our real wages decreasing. We used to be able to afford a middle class lifestyle on one income while the other tended to the children's needs. Now it takes two. Trust me I am at best lower middle class because my kids have disabilities which require my wife to be at home.

People in more difficult financial situations are also more likely to divorce.

That is why I back the Dems on economics because they at least try to help with the situation rather than just treating people as moochers trying to take from the poor put upon corporations.

I would like to back the Republicans on social issues but they so often prove they are all talk. Their cult leader has been divorced twice and is hardly a male role model anyone wants for their kids. Some of their loudest "Christian" members divorce and cheat on their spouses and have turned social conservatism into being afraid of gays and drag queens and not into promoting happy and healthy marriages or helping struggling families.

The expanded child tax credit got a lot of kids out of poverty but the R's and a couple dems would not let that bill pass.

I would agree with that. But financial desperation is not just on fatherless homes. It's also on our real wages decreasing. We used to be able to afford a middle class lifestyle on one income while the other tended to the children's needs. Now it takes two. Trust me I am at best lower middle class because my kids have disabilities which require my wife to be at home.

People in more difficult financial situations are also more likely to divorce.

That is why I back the Dems on economics because they at least try to help with the situation rather than just treating people as moochers trying to take from the poor put upon corporations.

I would like to back the Republicans on social issues but they so often prove they are all talk. Their cult leader has been divorced twice and is hardly a male role model anyone wants for their kids. Some of their loudest "Christian" members divorce and cheat on their spouses and have turned social conservatism into being afraid of gays and drag queens and not into promoting happy and healthy marriages or helping struggling families.

The expanded child tax credit got a lot of kids out of poverty but the R's and a couple dems would not let that bill pass.

This is a fair answer.

I would say that no amount of government will get this corrected. The answer will be the people and true revival is the last hope for our USA. Otherwise we are seeing what is basically a late republic that is dying in front of your eyes.

Death by lethal injection is too easy and humane for these thugs. I say daily torture for the rest of their lives in the hopes they’ll finally hang themselves in their cell one day because they’ve had enough. Like, one day it’s water boarding, the next day it’s lathering them up in bbq sauce and throwing them in a pit with thousands of red ants, then the next day it’s pulling their thumb and big toe nails out with needle nose pliers, and on and on.

This is a fair answer.

I would say that no amount of government will get this corrected. The answer will be the people and true revival is the last hope for our USA. Otherwise we are seeing what is basically a late republic that is dying in front of your eyes.

When the government puts the good of the few ahead of the good of the many it really hurts everyone else.

No the government likely won't fix every problem. But they sure can reduce the number.
But people need to both hear the message that it is better to get and stay married, divorce is evil especially for the children. It may at times be a necessary evil but it is still evil.

But they also need to experience a government that is worried about them more than corporate profits.

Ultimately we need to start mixing responsibility back into all of our talks on freedom.

Reactions: hexumhawk
Death by lethal injection is too easy and humane for these thugs. I say daily torture for the rest of their lives in the hopes they’ll finally hang themselves in their cell one day because they’ve had enough. Like, one day it’s water boarding, the next day it’s lathering them up in bbq sauce and throwing them in a pit with thousands of red ants, then the next day it’s pulling their thumb and big toe nails out with needle nose pliers, and on and on.

We are better then them. We should act like it.

Simply lock them up so they can't hurt another human being again.

Legalize abortion and provide easy access to birth control, so there are fewer single-parent, poor, children growing up to be violent offenders.
And drop the current climate of fear of speaking the truth and talk openly about the responsibility of being a parent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT