ADVERTISEMENT

Vivek Ramaswamy slams Kamala Harris for selective use of Indian roots - Maybe we should call her Kamala Chameleon instead of 3% Harris?

RicoSuave102954

HB Heisman
Jul 17, 2023
Montezuma, Iowa
US Vice President Kamala Harris's ethnic identity has become a focal point in the US presidential election campaign, with Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump making racial remarks and Indian-origin Republican Vivek Ramaswamy criticising her for using her Indian roots selectively.

"Many Indian-Americans in the US are indeed somewhat offended by the way Kamala has suddenly cast aside the Indian-American side of her identity," Ramaswamy said in an interview with Fox News.

Harris, a Democrat, who launched her presidential campaignlast month after US President Joe Biden bowed out from the White House bid, has long identified herself as both Black and Asian. She is the first Black and Asian-American person to serve as the Vice President.

Harris, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, is an Indian-American politician whose mother is Indian and father is Jamaican.

A small village in Thulasenthirapuram in Tamil Nadu is known as the ancestral home of US Vice-President Kamala Harris's maternal grandparents.

KAMALA HARRIS WEARS A DIFFERENT IDENTITY NOW: RAMASWAMY​

Vivek Ramaswamy, in an interview with Fox News, said, "My parents were immigrants to this country, legal immigrants from southern India, the very same part of India that her mother also immigrated from."

Ramaswamy also recalled that Kamala Harris, emphasised her Indian-American heritage when she first ran for office in California as a Senator but now seems to "wear a different identity" on the national stage for political convenience.

He further said that Harris' focus on identity politics invites criticism.

"I don't think we should be relying on these ethnic identities at all. We're American. And the problem is when you're Kamala Harris and you actually do lean into your identity politics, then you open the door to that type of criticism," he said.

He also added that Harris's candidacy lacks a clear vision for the US.

"But if you ask me, that shouldn't be how this election is decided one way or another. It should be decided on our own identity as Americans and what our vision is for the future of the country. And the number one thing missing in Kamala Harris's candidacy is that she lacks that vision for the country. That's what we've got to focus on," Ramaswamy said.

The debate intensified after former President Donald Trump accused Harris of shifting her racial identity for political gain, claiming she "turned black" a few years ago despite her long-standing Indian heritage.

Ramaswamy also recalled that Kamala Chameleon, emphasized her Indian American heritage when she first ran for office in California as a Senator but now seems to "wear a different identity" on the national stage for political convenience.

He further said that Harris' focus on identity politics invites criticism.

"I don't think we should be relying on these ethnic identities at all. We're American. And the problem is when you're Kamala Harris and you actually do lean into your identity politics, then you open the door to that type of criticism," he said.

Not Funny Lol GIF by Elisa Donovan

Reactions: Torg
So you guys need to figure out if you're mad because she leans into her black heritage or her Indian heritage. Get your shit together.

Vivek Ramaswamy, in an interview with Fox News, said, "My parents were immigrants to this country, legal immigrants from southern India, the very same part of India that her mother also immigrated from."

Ramaswamy also recalled that Kamala Harris, emphasised her Indian-American heritage when she first ran for office in California as a Senator but now seems to "wear a different identity" on the national stage for political convenience.

• Haha
Reactions: EasyHawk and Torg
I have to give credit to the dems. Nobody knows how to fall in line like good little cultists like they do. When the media was trying to get Biden out she was a drag on the ticket and had the worst VP approval rating in history. Suddenly now in two weeks she is an elite candidate according to the same media.

• Haha
Reactions: sober_teacher
The OP and his cultists MAGATS continue to be butt hurt because their twice impeached multiple count convicted felon women's sexual assaulter is not only losing, he is a loser. Now we know who the suckers and losers are.

Last edited:
Reactions: EasyHawk and Torg
I have to give credit to the dems. Nobody knows how to fall in line like good little cultists like they do. When the media was trying to get Biden out she was a drag on the ticket and had the worst VP approval rating in history. Suddenly now in two weeks she is an elite candidate according to the same media.

plan-conspiracy.gif

Kamala Chameleon is actually pretty funny. It is interesting seeing the history of that narrative swap here. Race has been a tool of convenience for the left for decades now so kamala being promoted as indian or black where it can be milked politically shouldn't come as a surprise tbh

Reactions: hexumhawk
Indian mother. Indian and Irish father. Maybe she's part black Irish? ::fun sarcasm::

Kamala is as black as Liz Warren is red.

There are a lot of black men on social media calling her out for her claims of being black, and calling out black women for being sucked into the whole thing.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
"Many Indian-Americans in the US are indeed somewhat offended by the way Kamala has suddenly cast aside the Indian-American side of her identity," Ramaswamy said in an interview with Fox News.
Key line bolded. Vivek says so much nonsense, it is best to ignore him. He bends over for trump and is a complete waste. What a drama queen.

Indian mother. Indian and Irish father. Maybe she's part black Irish? ::fun sarcasm::

There are a lot of black men on social media calling her out for her claims of being black, and calling out black women for being sucked into the whole thing.

Her father is Jamaican - born, a country where 90% are African Ancestry. The federal government counts people of Jamaican ancestry as Black or African Americans.

If you think black voters aren't talking about this exact topic you're fooling yourself.

Sure, black voters are talking about it and white voters are talking about it. Any other stupid comments?

is this true? i guess i can look it up but i assumed her dad is black

Her father is Jamaican. I have no idea where he came up with that one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT