ADVERTISEMENT

Wadley & DJK are proving KF was right

ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

HR Heisman
Apr 17, 2002
I have to admit that those 2 players, maybe more than any others in the KF era, were being unfairly punished or under utilized unfairly by Ferentz.

The more those two tell their stories, the more they’re swaying me to KF’s side.

Maybe it’s just me but the more they talk the more it’s making them look unfavorably. IMO anyway.

I think I’ll just trust KF from here on out with regards to why certain players aren’t seeing the field as much as I think they should be.

Last edited:
I realize that with everything going on in society, some conversations are tough to dodge. However, it would be really great if posters here made a concerted effort not to invoke politics in every thread on the sports forum. Most don’t frequent this board for that kind of discussion, and I personally see more than enough of it between Facebook and Twitter. Gets really tiring

Anyways, re: Wadley, it’s not just you OP. When you hire a PR firm to in an effort to post a scathing piece about Iowa, it’s clear that you have an agenda... especially when all other players who came out basically said that they love Iowa, but just want to see a cultural shift

I realize that with everything going on in society, some conversations are tough to dodge. However, it would be really great if posters here made a concerted effort not to invoke politics in every thread on the sports forum. Most don’t frequent this board for that kind of discussion, and I personally see more than enough of it between Facebook and Twitter. Gets really tiring
That group is incapable of making a concerted effort because bad take politics is all they got.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
That group is incapable of making a concerted effort because bad take politics is all they got.
Kind of funny how the people with the most to say are the people with the least to say. At least it looks like either the mods deleted the post I was responding to, or that individual had the sense to delete it. Either way, much appreciated

Whether KF was "right" is open to debate, especially until the investigation is complete. But I was among those who didn't understand the way KF publicly talked about Wadley during his career. I was always a huge Wadley fan and wanted him to play a whole lot more than he did, especially early in his career. When he did play, it was clear why some of us wanted more Akrum. Even at only 183 pounds.... They can't tackle what they can't touch.

But right now Akrum seems like he is a deeply disappointed young man who finds Iowa, in this environment, easy to blame. And he seems to be aided in what may be a misguided effort by his mom, which is also understandable on a basic human level.

Akrum may have been mistreated in some ways. He himself may have been at fault at times. He reminds me of so many young people who, when faced with fair discipline and common disappointment, say things to their parents like, "I hate you!"

They don't mean it--usually--and such emotional outbursts generally are unwarranted. But it's human nature. And it's definitely not a racial thing. It's pretty much everyone's reality.

Wadley--and his mom--had NFL dreams and the money that goes with them. To have those dreams shattered is not easy to accept. The reasons are probably many. Personally, I'd want Akrum on my team.

But without the general atmosphere in the country right now, I'm not sure Akrum and his mom would be saying and doing the things they are.

I'm just sorry it has come to this and hope that it can, eventually, be resolved amicably. I know I loved watching Akrum Wadley play for the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Whether KF was "right" is open to debate, especially until the investigation is complete. But I was among those who didn't understand the way KF publicly talked about Wadley during his career. I was always a huge Wadley fan and wanted him to play a whole lot more than he did, especially early in his career. When he did play, it was clear why some of us wanted more Akrum. Even at only 183 pounds.... They can't tackle what they can't touch.

But right now Akrum seems like he is a deeply disappointed young man who finds Iowa, in this environment, easy to blame. And he seems to be aided in what may be a misguided effort by his mom, which is also understandable on a basic human level.

Akrum may have been mistreated in some ways. He himself may have been at fault at times. He reminds me of so many young people who, when faced with fair discipline and common disappointment, say things to their parents like, "I hate you!"

They don't mean it--usually--and such emotional outbursts generally are unwarranted. But it's human nature. And it's definitely not a racial thing. It's pretty much everyone's reality.

Wadley--and his mom--had NFL dreams and the money that goes with them. To have those dreams shattered is not easy to accept. The reasons are probably many. Personally, I'd want Akrum on my team.

But without the general atmosphere in the country right now, I'm not sure Akrum and his mom would be saying and doing the things they are.

I'm just sorry it has come to this and hope that it can, eventually, be resolved amicably. I know I loved watching Akrum Wadley play for the Iowa Hawkeyes.
I always enjoyed watching him play as well, but No, in retrospect i would not want him on my team, now that he's shown his "true colors" with all due respect to the current climate. He and his mom have chosen a path to air whatever grievances he had, and now he gets to own his decision....

I don't know where I'd find time to do Facebook or Twitter, and I'm retired. They're likely as silly as HROT nowadays I'd guess.

Reactions: WestIAHawk
I don't know where I'd find time to do Facebook or Twitter, and I'm retired. They're likely as silly as HROT nowadays I'd guess.
Facebook has sucked since parents were allowed on, then it got twice as shitty when businesses started buying ad space on it. Now it's all politics and pictures of babies by people you don't give a shit about.

The biggest problem early in his career was fumbles. I agree he was a playmaker but anyone associated with hawkeye football during the KF era knew that if you turned the ball over you might not play. That's just how it's been for YEARS. I didn't agree with it many times, get your playmakers on the field and take some chances. But that doesn't make KF a bad guy.

I have to admit that those 2 players, maybe more than any others in the KF era, were being unfairly punished or under utilized unfairly by Ferentz.

The more those two tell their stories, the more they’re swaying me to KF’s side.

Maybe it’s just me but the more they talk the more it’s making them look unfavorably. IMO anyway.

I think I’ll just trust KF from here on out with regards to why certain players aren’t seeing the field as much as I think they should be.

I don't know, but Rob Howe is a very, very sick individual.

Reactions: Herkyhawk247
Both uber talented guys

Think KF and Co. have a standard for how you should conduct yourself and they didnt meet it a lot of the time. Sounds like it was a military style environment in some ways but not geared against a certain race imo. It was all about making you conform to their standards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT