ADVERTISEMENT

Wagner to UNI

Bummer, I was really high on him coming out of HS and thought he had a good chance to be the guy next year at 125.

What's the story here? Seems kind of odd considering he had a good chance to start and the time of year this is unfolding.

Last edited:
Saw the writing on the wall with the new kids coming in... That's my guess.

Bummer, I was really high on him coming out of HS and thought he had a good chance to be the guy next year at 125.

What's the story here? Seems kind of odd considering he had a good chance to start and the time of year this is unfolding.
I don't think he can make 125 anymore. That's probably why he will be wrestling off Yates for the 133 spot at UNI.

I don't think he can make 125 anymore. That's probably why he will be wrestling off Yates for the 133 spot at UNI.

I agree with PapaSLIM. I saw the quote in the article, just thought he'd say he was going 33 due to the fact that his HS teammate and friend is the incumbent starter for UNI at 125.

I agree with PapaSLIM. I saw the quote in the article, just thought he'd say he was going 33 due to the fact that his HS teammate and friend is the incumbent starter for UNI at 125.
I think he had a better chance being the Hawk 133 this season.
I'm not so sure he would have a better chance to start at Iowa. I'd say this is what 133 Iowa dept chart looked like at the end of the season.
1) Laux
2) Stickley
3) Rathbun (transferred to Warburg)
4) Wagner (transfered to UNI)

This doesn't include Happel, Murin or Glynn who all potentially could make 33. I would have Wagner behind all of them as well.

Remember Schwarm beat Wagner out for the varsity spot in HS his freshmen year. That's why Wagner was on a 3X champ in Iowa. I understand a lot changes over the years, but to say Wagner isn't going 125 because he doesn't want to take his buddies spot might not be so easy. The weight cut could be an issue also.

Last edited:
Reactions: el dub
The move to UNI is a head scratcher to say the least. Yates beat him every time they wrestled last year. I bet loads of money he can't make 125. He will be doing the same thing at UNI as he was going to do at UNI. Goodluck to him on the panther train. Personally Black and Gold look much better on 99% of the population than UNI colors.

I don't know if they wrestled last year but I would take Wagner over Rathbun. Just my opinion.

Makes you wonder what was different between Rathbun and Wagner in regards to releases

I saw a few practices and Rathbun had Wagner number most of the time....Rathbun was significantly bigger imo

The move to UNI is a head scratcher to say the least. Yates beat him every time they wrestled last year. I bet loads of money he can't make 125. He will be doing the same thing at UNI as he was going to do at UNI. Goodluck to him on the panther train. Personally Black and Gold look much better on 99% of the population than UNI colors.

I agree.

PS- This was up for 7 hours before I caught it. C'mon, guys, we're better than that.

Reactions: TarpHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT