ADVERTISEMENT

Wander Franco pulled from the Rays lineup as they investigate

I’m not sure of the implications in the Dominican legal system, but Franco did not appear today as summoned.

Franco has been formally charged.
How fast will the Rays act in order to get out of his contract?
Depending on clauses in the contract, they might wait out a conviction. I would assume there’s some clause in there about being convicted of major crimes. If they were going for the best look, they’d have DFA’d him last year.

Reactions: lucas80
Depending on clauses in the contract, they might wait out a conviction. I would assume there’s some clause in there about being convicted of major crimes. If they were going for the best look, they’d have DFA’d him last year.
We will see soon enough. I imagine the legal system can move fast in the DR. Is slo wonder about a clause for a player who is unavailable. If he is subject to pre trial detention, or loses his ability to travel to the US that might be a contractual out.

We will see soon enough. I imagine the legal system can move fast in the DR. Is slo wonder about a clause for a player who is unavailable. If he is subject to pre trial detention, or loses his ability to travel to the US that might be a contractual out.
It’s possible. In any event, I think a conviction seems really likely given the evidence he posted himself and the tack-on of child trafficking charges.

The two most talented players ever picked by the Rays:

Franco, who is probably going to jail and threw away his career/life to tap a 14 year old.
Josh Hamilton, who pretty much threw away his career because he was a drug addict.

Crapola.

The two most talented players ever picked by the Rays:

Franco, who is probably going to jail and threw away his career/life to tap a 14 year old.
Josh Hamilton, who pretty much threw away his career because he was a drug addict.

Crapola.
Dumb. He could have pretty much any hot 18 or 19 year old with his millions for playing baseball. Threw it all away for a fricking 14 year old.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT