ADVERTISEMENT

Was Mangino termination a last ditch effort to stay employed?

Reading between the lines (not Randy Peterson's sunshine and daisies), these last 5 games are an 'audition' for CPR. He might need to get two wins to save his job, which means he'll need to beat 2/3 of KSU, WVU, and OkState.

It's sad that in year 7 they have to evaluate whether the guy is the right person for the job.

Weren't Iowa fans evaluating if Ferentz was the right person for the Iowa job going into this season?

Weren't Iowa fans evaluating if Ferentz was the right person for the Iowa job going into this season?

Do you really want to compare CPR to Ferentz? HUGE difference in situations let alone fan expectations. Lets just say 2014 when KF went 7-6 which was considered a "down year" is the best that Rhoads has managed in his 7+ seasons at ISU where he has never won more than 3 conference games. Iowa fans were evaluating KF because going in to year 17 Iowa was stuck in a rut of mediocracy last 4 years with one very bad year, 2012. Compared to CPR and his last 2 plus season where they have only managed 7 wins which is the equivalent to what KF has already won this year.

Do you really want to compare CPR to Ferentz? HUGE difference in situations let alone fan expectations. Lets just say 2014 when KF went 7-6 which was considered a "down year" is the best that Rhoads has managed in his 7+ seasons at ISU where he has never won more than 3 conference games. Iowa fans were evaluating KF because going in to year 17 Iowa was stuck in a rut of mediocracy last 4 years with one very bad year, 2012. Compared to CPR and his last 2 plus season where they have only managed 7 wins which is the equivalent to what KF has already won this year.

I'm not comparing them at all. I guess I don't understand why it's sad to evaluate if a coach is the right person for the job regardless of how long they've been there. Plenty of Iowa fans were evaluating if KF was the right man for the job going into this season and he's been in Iowa City for a long time

I don't think you understood his post.

Reactions: CyCity
I don't think you understood his post.

Or he wasn't as clear in his post talking about evaluating mid season vs pre season but I got the jist more after his follow up but thanks for you chiming in literally right after. Post like these you'll be on 82K in no time.

Or he wasn't as clear in his post talking about evaluating mid season vs pre season but I got the jist more after his follow up but thanks for you chiming in literally right after. Post like these you'll be on 82K in no time.
Thanks for the encouragement. It's my life's goal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT