ADVERTISEMENT

WATCH 31 Minute Video from the Big Ten Network Bus Tour in Iowa City Aug 15 & Aug 16 (first Airing of their Show from IC)

Won't be worse than the year that the analysts nicely said the offense sucked ass when they should have accurately been much harsher about how bad the offense actually sucked.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
Observations:

DiNardo respects the program and the KFz method. Always has.
Phil is one of the best in the business. We're lucky to have him.
The biggest question mark on the D is the backfield. DeJean is a bigger loss than most realize.
KFz looked and sounded noticeably older.
Jackson and Higgins are as smart as they are athletic. Two great guys to anchor your D
The OL is improving (thank god)
QB situation isn't good.
Almost no mention of skill players (WR/RB) outside of Lachey...which is telling.
Lester is a good coach, but he was handed a shit show with limited talent. Only so far you can take it in the short term.

The offense isn't going to be much better. Don't expect 10-2 again.

Anyone know where to watch if we missed the two showings? I was busy watching CC, but I'd like to see what they had to say/show.

full text of tweet:

In the QB battle, Iowa OC Tim Lester loves watching 2s vs. 1s.

“I love a quarterback that can take the 2s with technically inferior athletes and find a way to get first downs against the 1s; make the people around you better. … We’ve done that a little bit just to see who can handle themselves.”

Observations:

DiNardo respects the program and the KFz method. Always has.
Phil is one of the best in the business. We're lucky to have him.
The biggest question mark on the D is the backfield. DeJean is a bigger loss than most realize.
KFz looked and sounded noticeably older.
Jackson and Higgins are as smart as they are athletic. Two great guys to anchor your D
The OL is improving (thank god)
QB situation isn't good.
Almost no mention of skill players (WR/RB) outside of Lachey...which is telling.
Lester is a good coach, but he was handed a shit show with limited talent. Only so far you can take it in the short term.

The offense isn't going to be much better. Don't expect 10-2 again.
Yeah, no.

Reactions: ICHerky
Yeah, no.
If the offense doesn’t improve, it will be extremely difficult to go 10-2 again. Last year was basically a miracle.

I expect the defense will be good once again, but maybe not up to last year’s level.

The defense cannot be relied on to win every game. At some point the offense will need to score points.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT