ADVERTISEMENT

Way to go Dems! Brought back 7% mortgage rates, $4 gas, record inflation, record violent crime and US debt downgraded!! Congrats!!

One of these is not like the other just fyi. I don't always agree with @luvmyhawks but he's not a troll.

I have no idea why I would be included with that group. If you are that sensitive to the fact the economy was in a downturn when Clinton left office, I really don't know what to say. I am not even bashing democrats. Hell, I like Clinton.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
I have no idea why I would be included with that group. If you are that sensitive to the fact the economy was in a downturn when Clinton left office, I really don't know what to say. I am not even bashing democrats. Hell, I like Clinton.
Overall clinton did a decent job. I'd say his sock drawer incident (which dems choose to ignore today for some reason..) and scandal with Monica Lewinsky were his two biggest black eye moments. Significantly better than Bush, Obama and biden without question. You're not supposed to call him out on his short comings though. That makes you maga scum in the eyes of the hivemind.

Reactions: jasonrann
I doubt you knew what fascism was or meant, or even know there was such a thing until Stupid TV and social media started advertising it.

It's nothing more than a political buzzword to you.
Education doesn't scare me like it does the left, so wrong on all accounts (per usual)

Overall clinton did a decent job. I'd say his sock drawer incident (which dems choose to ignore today for some reason..) and scandal with Monica Lewinsky were his two biggest black eye moments. Significantly better than Bush, Obama and biden without question. You're not supposed to call him out on his short comings though. That makes you maga scum in the eyes of the hivemind.
All of the above are a helluva lot better than trump, but then what isn't.

Reactions: srams21 and sabula
All of the above are a helluva lot better than trump, but then what isn't.
Bush lied to get us into a decades long war that cost the US tax payer trillions of dollars and led to how many deaths?

Obama committed how many war crimes in general? Affordable care act is the worst piece of major legislation in the last several decades. How about operation fast and furious?

Biden failed I'm Afghanistan, failed with inflation, failed with the southern border crisis, failed with Ukraine (twice if you wanna count it under Obama too), and even molested his own daughter. Guy has no wins.

I don't want trump back but he was far better than all three of these people.

Ok, I have to admit. I am drawing a blank on the sock drawer incident.

He kept classified audio tapes in his sock drawer and forgot about them. Democrats argued at the time that the presidential records act allowed him to hold confidential and secret information however he deemed appropriate. Stark difference in their current thinking as it pertains to trump and mar a lago (or biden and his numerous storage facilities even though he never had declassification power)

He kept classified audio tapes in his sock drawer and forgot about them. Democrats argued at the time that the presidential records act allowed him to hold confidential and secret information however he deemed appropriate. Stark difference in their current thinking as it pertains to trump and mar a lago (or biden and his numerous storage facilities even though he never had declassification power)
Why did you ignore the salient facts that the tapes contained recording for his memoirs.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Don't project your own shortcomings onto me.

Shortcomings.

Juvenile quotations cited from some or your recent posts:

"Education doesn't scare me like it does the left,"
"Don't project your own shortcomings onto me."
"The fascistsic left will always default to censorship."

Clinton asked writer Taylor Branch to record their interviews for use in a memoir. Clinton kept the tapes in a sock drawer because he didn’t want the content leak. Conservatives filed a lawsuit to deem them presidential records and I believe failed and case was dismissed.

Why did you ignore the salient facts that the tapes contained recording for his memoirs.
Which included classified information... are you suggesting that if trump was using classified info as part of a book it would totally be acceptable? By the way, Berman Jackson Ruled in the Clinton Sock Drawer Decision That the Responsibility to Classify Records ‘Is Left Solely to the President’.

Which included classified information... are you suggesting that if trump was using classified info as part of a book it would totally be acceptable? By the way, Berman Jackson Ruled in the Clinton Sock Drawer Decision That the Responsibility to Classify Records ‘Is Left Solely to the President’.
No. It was Clinton’s words not contingency plans for Iran like Trump waved around.

Last edited:
Scruddy peacocking around in this thread like a kid who shit his pants at school and thinks nobody knows because he threw his underwear into the garbage.
Nah - he just has a top level understanding of events based solely on reading Twitter and Truth.

Bush lied to get us into a decades long war that cost the US tax payer trillions of dollars and led to how many deaths?

Obama committed how many war crimes in general? Affordable care act is the worst piece of major legislation in the last several decades. How about operation fast and furious?

Biden failed I'm Afghanistan, failed with inflation, failed with the southern border crisis, failed with Ukraine (twice if you wanna count it under Obama too), and even molested his own daughter. Guy has no wins.

I don't want trump back but he was far better than all three of these people.
Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

How about joe bidens stolen classified documents? He never even had declassification authority when he stole those lol

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
This is what I don't understand. Many of the people I know personally (IRL) that supported Trump also supported Bush. And many of those loved Bush at the time even when I would tell them the very same thing you did about Bush.

It's funny how Bush is rarely liked by anyone now yet he was a rock star in conservative circles then. Perhaps the same thing will happen with Trump where in 20 years no one will admit they actually voted for him.

You know, with all the technology we have, couldn’t we add a “ban this moron” emoji?

Instead of laughing at them, (which most people don’t bother to do) we could hammer on the ban emoji. Once that ratio gets to a certain point…… gone.

We certainly wouldn’t have morons like @abby97, @Scruddy, @Here_4_a_Day, or even @luvmyhawks around here any more.
It really hurts to know that an anti American leftist like you doesn't agree with my perspective. I so long for your acceptance.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
This is what I don't understand. Many of the people I know personally (IRL) that supported Trump also supported Bush. And many of those loved Bush at the time even when I would tell them the very same thing you did about Bush.

It's funny how Bush is rarely liked by anyone now yet he was a rock star in conservative circles then. Perhaps the same thing will happen with Trump where in 20 years no one will admit they actually voted for him.
I think a lot of people back then had absolute faith that the government wouldn't outright lie to them. A couple decades of the truth coming to light opened a lot of people's eyes but in the moment I think they really did want to believe what the institutions told them. I think it will be interesting to see how history remembers Trump. He did some things very well and other things incredibly poorly. The lack of faith in said institutions is part of the reason he has a fanatic base though. He spit in the face of said system that lied to a generation of people and they love him for it despite all of the other glaring flaws that are there.

How about joe bidens stolen classified documents? He never even had declassification authority when he stole those lol
He mentally declassified them. Just like you mentally have to imagine sex because nobody will do it with you in real life.

I think a lot of people back then had absolute faith that the government wouldn't outright lie to them. A couple decades of the truth coming to light opened a lot of people's eyes but in the moment I think they really did want to believe what the institutions told them. I think it will be interesting to see how history remembers Trump. He did some things very well and other things incredibly poorly. The lack of faith in said institutions is part of the reason he has a fanatic base though. He spit in the face of said system that lied to a generation of people and they love him for it despite all of the other glaring flaws that are there.
History will judge Lying Donnie Sexual Abuser extremely harshly.

He didn't have that authority. You support a man who molested his own child.
Please provide the link to where he was charged and convicted of child molestation. You can't, because you can't. I can show you where Lying Donnie Sexual Abuser was accused, charged, admitted, tried and convicted, fined for sexual abuse. That's a fact.

The fascistsic left will always default to censorship. They justify it in their own minds however they need to, but call a spade a spade. People like unsubstantiated are the exact people they claim to hate and stand against, totally blind to their gross hypocrital nature.
"The fascist left will always default to censorship." Hey, I was out at a mall in Des Moines today and I ran into COVID Kim and the book banning Iowa Republican legislature. They said to tell Scruddyy hi, keep giving those censoring Democrats the what for. Good job Scruddy!

"The fascist left will always default to censorship." Hey, I was out at a mall in Des Moines today and I ran into COVID Kim and the book banning Iowa Republican legislature. They said to tell Scruddyy hi, keep giving those censoring Democrats the what for. Good job Scruddy!
I know you want books like gender queer in elementary class rooms so kids can learn how to properly give hand jobs to their family members, you don't need to brag about it tbh

• Haha
I know you want books like gender queer in elementary class rooms so kids can learn how to properly give hand jobs to their family members, you don't need to brag about it tbh
Thank you for that nonsense, which obviously shows you agree with my post,

Please provide the link to where he was charged and convicted of child molestation. You can't, because you can't. I can show you where Lying Donnie Sexual Abuser was accused, charged, admitted, tried and convicted, fined for sexual abuse. That's a fact.
His own daughter wrote it in her diary. You support a pedophile.

Yea, I don't think history will look kindly upon Trump. Especially if any of these indictments end up with convictions. He will have his cult following but I think most of the country will continue to dislike him. And as his hardcore supporters eventually die off over time, I think he will be widely known as the worst President to ever occupy the WH. While I appreciate the "outsider" angle, there is nothing he actually did well. He does not have the temperament to govern and his bull in a china shop approach has no place in democracy.

Since you seem to be a Trump supporter, I'm mostly curious in what things you are willing to admit that he did "Incredibly poorly" as you mentioned.

Yea, I don't think history will look kindly upon Trump. Especially if any of these indictments end up with convictions. He will have his cult following but I think most of the country will continue to dislike him. And as his hardcore supporters eventually die off over time, I think he will be widely known as the worst President to ever occupy the WH. While I appreciate the "outsider" angle, there is nothing he actually did well. He does not have the temperament to govern and his bull in a china shop approach has no place in democracy.

Since you seem to be a Trump supporter, I'm mostly curious in what things you are willing to admit that he did "Incredibly poorly" as you mentioned.
I'm not sure I'd call myself a trump supporter though I did begrudgingly vote for him in 2020 (didn't feel particularly good). I also don't think he should be eligible to run for office again given his age. As to what he did poorly I'd say his demeanor and decorum were an embarrassment to the office of the presidency and his single biggest flaw (with the understanding of how that may have impacted global us relationships beyond him just looking like a doofus). I get why he acted the way he did (having seen how he behaved on television before he took office) given how he was treated by the establishment as a whole, but it wasn't a good look regardless. He spent way too much money and I'd rate his covid performance as a C minus overall. We can get into any of those items in greater detail if you'd like but those are my three biggest issues at a glance.

As to what he did well, I think his energy policy was fantastic, his foreign policy was solid (no new wars for a change) and I liked his tax changes for the most part. Overall I'd give his policies a B minus but his decorum and behavior an F. I think joe biden is far worse in comparison and will go down as the worst potus in history edging out Jimmy Carter and good old Warren Harding.

Reactions: srams21 and abby97
I'm not sure I'd call myself a trump supporter though I did begrudgingly vote for him in 2020 (didn't feel particularly good). I also don't think he should be eligible to run for office again given his age. As to what he did poorly I'd say his demeanor and decorum were an embarrassment to the office of the presidency and his single biggest flaw (with the understanding of how that may have impacted global us relationships beyond him just looking like a doofus). I get why he acted the way he did (having seen how he behaved on television before he took office) given how he was treated by the establishment as a whole, but it wasn't a good look regardless. He spent way too much money and I'd rate his covid performance as a C minus overall. We can get into any of those items in greater detail if you'd like but those are my three biggest issues at a glance.

As to what he did well, I think his energy policy was fantastic, his foreign policy was solid (no new wars for a change) and I liked his tax changes for the most part. Overall I'd give his policies a B minus but his decorum and behavior an F. I think joe biden is far worse in comparison and will go down as the worst potus in history edging out Jimmy Carter and good old Warren Harding.
Thanks for the response. Despite the disagreement, I appreciate hearing your input.

Just a couple points:
-I'm glad to hear that you were embarrased by his behavior and decorum. To me, this is the biggest thing and as you mentioned, it reflects poorly upon us as a nation.

-As for "his" tax changes, that entire tax law was Paul Ryan's and had zero to do with Trump. I get it that he gets credit (he signed it obviously) but any Republican president would have gotten that one done.

- It's interesting to me that you give him an F in decorum and behavior but don't at least put him in the conversation of worst Presidents ever.

- Obviously we differ but to me, Biden is the Bush (42) of the left. Affable, not a great speaker, but ultimately pretty meh. I do think he deserves some credit for the infrastructure bill being passed and for bringing traditional decorum back to the WH but ultimately he's meh.

Reactions: sabula and Scruddy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT