ADVERTISEMENT

WBB 2019-20 Season in general

Nice write up. The team is crazy good at times and other not. After 3 hard fought games all physically and mentally demanding. I wonder if Lisa just couldn't get them up for a team that looked on paper as not tough. But once again when the going got tough, the tough got going.
Late in games under pressure do you rally under pressure or wilt. We have rallied.

Reactions: mphawk
As much as I loved last year's team, this year the team is just gritty and tough. Yep, they fall behind, but if your look up Determination in the dictionary, there should be a picture of the Iowa women.

Ohio State turns the ball over a lot, just like Iowa one may say. Against Maryland they gave up a double digit lead in the second half after the Terps upped their intensity and lost the game. They don't have clutch players like Iowa do.

Reactions: crstuff
The first half against Wisconsin was misleading because Monica was hit with two early fouls (after 4 minutes) and sat out the entire rest (16 minutes) of the half. That does expose an “Achilles heal” for Iowa. However, the positive is that they now have more game experience playing without her... and they were still able to come back and win, which should, in turn, bolster their mental toughness.

Last edited:
Ohio State is talented, but they are young. 10 of their 12 players are freshman and sophomores. They are 4 and 3 in the BIG with 1 win on the road at Minnesota 66-63. McGuff brings in talent one way or another but I think he is just a middle of the pack coach as far as coaching goes.

Reactions: jockos and mphawk
Ohio State is talented, but they are young. 10 of their 12 players are freshman and sophomores. They are 4 and 3 in the BIG with 1 win on the road at Minnesota 66-63. McGuff brings in talent one way or another but I think he is just a middle of the pack coach as far as coaching goes.[/QUOTE
Players quit or get run off his team unlike any other team in the big. Yet he just had a top 5 recruiting class. How is this a plus in recruiting

Ohio State is big and athletic. If the Hawkeyes repeat the first half performances of last week, they lose.

Jan Jensen pretty much echoed this last night on Hawk Talk while filling in for coach Bluder. She added OSU isn't Minnesota or Wisconsin they are at another level than those two teams and Hawk fans should be aware of this. They have played UCONN, Louisville, Stanford so they won't be intimidated. She singled out 2 players that make her especially nervous - 6'4 C Dorka Juhasz and 6'1 W Kierstan Bell (#6 Fr in her class) who they need to constantly be aware of and make the latter play like a FR rather than up to her potential when in the game.

She added the obvious too, Czinano needs to stay out of foul trouble.

Reactions: BGHAWK
Tie game bow at 49 all. Iowa with 11 turnovers to just 5nfor OSU.

Also, #24 for OSU tried to copy Post Malone's look but came up just a few tattoos short.................

tenor.gif

Good job women! Love Doyle so much. But damn that zone—rotations and principles—drives me batty.
They're allowing players to flash in front of their bottom row in that zone and getting out of position as a result. That just comes down to communication and movement.

And that can be said about any defense, including man as well. You don't give up face cuts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT