ADVERTISEMENT

WBB recruiting for the future

Yes, both Wild Bill Fennelly and Brenda used Angie Lee’s sexual orientation to lure Stacy to ISU.

#1 player in the country in the 2026 class per Top Spot is Jenica Lewis from Johnston. Maddyn Greenway, Chad Greenway's daughter, is #27. Certainly a really early list for just 8th graders, but Iowa should have a solid opportunity at both.
I’d be shocked if Jenica Lewis stays in state. They have their eyes on bigger fish at this time. Think UConn, South Carolina, etc.

There may be more to it but think Brenda was asst coach at ISU at time. Public statement was she wanted to play for sister. That’s what o recall

May have been an Angie Lee factor too. Think whe wasiowa coach at the time
Thank you - I forgot about that.

Yes, both Wild Bill Fennelly and Brenda used Angie Lee’s sexual orientation to lure Stacy to ISU.
I sincerely hope that they’ve both moved on from that type of negative recruiting. I’m so glad that previous and current Iowa players don’t care what someone’s sexual orientation is.

Has anyone seen Taylor’s sister Peyton (2024) play? All I know is she is All Iowa Attack and seems to have a similar playing style. (And that that we don’t always offer little sisters and/or they don‘t always work out. Do we play against four sisters of current/recent Hawkeyes this year?)
Nebraska…
Anika Stewart (Hannah)
Kendall Coley (Chase)
Minnesota…
Maggie Czinano (Monica)
Drake…
Megan Meyer (Mackenzie)

Bluder was at the Davenport North (now with an 0-6 record) Pleasant Valley game last night. Of course, North has two ninth-graders with Hawkeye offers. The article implied she was also there to see PV's Halle Vice (2023), another All Iowa Attack stalwart.

Chad is an absolute nut on the bench of one his daughters team that he helps coach. Complains to the refs all game. Spends more time bitching than helping out with coaching. At times it’s borderline embarrassing. I didn’t see him this past summer, but am thinking back to prior summers. His face gets beet red and looks like someone with road rage. Hopefully, he has toned it down some. But, yes his daughters have bright futures.
Man did I absolutely have to dig to find this post. However, I wanted to make a point that I have not seen Chad argue a single call over the 6 or so games I’ve watched Maddyn play in.

I can certainly corroborate what Hawkbuck70 had witnessed. I saw Chad get tossed from the All Iowa Attack facility in Ames for arguing with refs on the bench. They stopped the game to get get Dickson Jensen (owner of Attack) over to get him to leave. Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary when I saw them this summer, but he wasn't on the bench when she played. He was sitting in the stands and well behaved.

I can certainly corroborate what Hawkbuck70 had witnessed. I saw Chad get tossed from the All Iowa Attack facility in Ames for arguing with refs on the bench. They stopped the game to get get Dickson Jensen (owner of Attack) over to get him to leave. Didn't notice anything out of the ordinary when I saw them this summer, but he wasn't on the bench when she played. He was sitting in the stands and well behaved.
Not denying that it happened, but was just mentioning that it doesn’t seem like it is an ongoing issue. Pretty sure most coaches/parents have those couple of times where is happens.

Man did I absolutely have to dig to find this post. However, I wanted to make a point that I have not seen Chad argue a single call over the 6 or so games I’ve watched Maddyn play in.
Gee Kyle, made the comment 3 summers ago. Since then, North Tartan got Chad off the bench and gave him a stat book to keep in the crowd. He has been fine for a while now. I saw you in Des Moines and thought about approaching you to talk, but you looked locked in and I decided to leave you be. Hope you enjoyed your time in chilly Hy-Vee Hall.

Reactions: KyleHuesmann
Gee Kyle, made the comment 3 summers ago. Since then, North Tartan got Chad off the bench and gave him a stat book to keep in the crowd. He has been fine for a while now. I saw you in Des Moines and thought about approaching you to talk, but you looked locked in and I decided to leave you be. Hope you enjoyed your time in chilly Hy-Vee Hall.
Did not mean anything by my comment. I just remembered your comment and wanted to find it to mention that it seemed as though it was no longer an issue from what I had seen.

Also you should have come over and talked to me. Not really that busy when I’m there. Just watching basketball.

Not denying that it happened, but was just mentioning that it doesn’t seem like it is an ongoing issue. Pretty sure most coaches/parents have those couple of times where is happens.
I love the passion for his kid. That's why she's good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT