ADVERTISEMENT

Well, Boyz. Got my first OWI

Derekd3408

HR Legend
Gold Member
Feb 10, 2011
Or so I'm being told. Just recieved notification of this from the DOT and some blower company. Must have been so drunk I blacked out through the entire process, including my release.

On a serious note, I'm guessing this won't be fun to get resolved, and I'm really curious how it even happened I did not get arrested for OWI.
8g6wy6.jpg

Is it possible you blacked out the arrest, booking, bond hearing, and pretrial correspondence?

Eta: oh you already acknowledged this possibility. Well. You can fight the law

Reactions: ping72
Sometimes folks that they believe are under suspicion of being on drugs will have to give a blood test and wait a month for the lab work to come back and then they get arrested for OWI. It is possible that those folks may get DOT revocation before they get arrested.

Reactions: Moral
If the DOT is mailing you, doesn't that mean you should have already been through plea/conviction? They got anything on you for this in Iowa Courts Online?
I would think so. The case number is active in the system but I can't get much info on it.

Reactions: Moral
Or so I'm being told. Just recieved notification of this from the DOT and some blower company. Must have been so drunk I blacked out through the entire process, including my release.

On a serious note, I'm guessing this won't be fun to get resolved, and I'm really curious how it even happened I did not get arrested for OWI.
8g6wy6.jpg
Is this from the Nigerian Prince division?

Reactions: goldmom

8g6wy6.jpg
Lucky guy.

8g6wy6.jpg
@Chishawk1425 must have stolen your wallet and used your ID one of the many times he's been busted for DWI. You don't actually drink with him, do you?

Lady at work was contacted by a court summons on charges around a car accident. She said her purse was stolen 4 or 5 years ago when someone stole it out of her car. Someone gave the old expired ID to a cop. She went to the local DA and had a meeting with them and the police officer at the scene. The DA asked if this was the lady in the accident. The cop said, "Absolutely. That's definitely her." The DA asked the cop if he was sure and then showed him the lady's time stamp when she clocked in and out of work which overlapped with the time of the accident and then pictures of her on our hospital's security cameras at the time of the accident. DA dropped the charges and she never heard what happened next in the case.

Last edited:
I have had that ignition interlock on my vehicle, and it was the single biggest pain in the ass imaginable. Especially in the winter. Can't start your car until that damn thing warms up. And those f'n rolling re-tests.

Hope you get it all straightened out

On a serious note, I'm guessing this won't be fun to get resolved, and I'm really curious how it even happened I did not get arrested for

I would think so. The case number is active in the system but I can't get much info on it.
Wow. This is something and sucks you are going through it man. Are you actually seeing your name on the case # or just a case in general? I don’t know Iowa's disclosure laws but I have a couple buddies from law school days that I could ask check for you if you want. One is in the DM area and one in the CR area. Either way, they could look it up and see if legit

Reactions: Derekd3408

8g6wy6.jpg
You just can't walk into the DOT office anymore you need to make an appointment, probably about 3 weeks in advance.

Reactions: Derekd3408
I have had that ignition interlock on my vehicle, and it was the single biggest pain in the ass imaginable. Especially in the winter. Can't start your car until that damn thing warms up. And those f'n rolling re-tests.

Hope you get it all straightened out
Serious question here as I have no idea. How does the ignition lock warm up of the car isn’t started? It would not surprise me at all if some manufacturers come out with these as an add on to cars in the near future. Not the worst idea in the world for teens. Won’t deny it woulda been smart for me 25
-30 years ago

Wow. This is something and sucks you are going through it man. Are you actually seeing your name on the case # or just a case in general? I don’t know Iowa's disclosure laws but I have a couple buddies from law school days that I could ask check for you if you want. One is in the DM area and one in the CR area. Either way, they could look it up and see if legit
I appreciate that. Sent it to my lawyer and he said it's legit. It will get it sorted out, but just really strange it happened.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT