ADVERTISEMENT

Well Fuck. Another sad day in Hawkeye history

Iconic water tower overlooking Kinnick Stadium to be torn down

The good news for those of you sustained by water: A newer, bigger water tower will replace it … northwest of the football practice fields.
Karen GIF by moodman

1st mention on HROT -

It's a shame the sick kids will no longer be able to watch the games from it's perch.

Welp, looks like we need to meet @Mr_Galmaster at fight bar and take turns kicking him in the nuts. He did this. He ruined our fun.
Probably not going to happen-from BB forum
Many of us come to this forum to escape from the divisive nonsense but now, like everywhere else, it is unescapable so as with many non political forums, I am done. Goodbye! Its generally been a good fifteen year run but the end is here.

• Sad
Reactions: Greenway4Prez
A cool/attractive building in that space will look better than a very utilitarian water tower, even with a Tiger Hawk on it. Come at me.

The possibilities of the new tower are endless. Make it football shaped with the tiger hawk on the football. Or...

4-SillyH20Tower-Corn-shutterstock_1496659559.jpg
Weirdest-Towers-7.jpg
crop;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=60;progressive.jpg
7412fa2b46a847c270c47e240c74e966--watermelon-water-watermelon-festival.jpg
Creeks-Catsup-Bottle-Water-Tower-Collinsville-Illinois.jpg
WGRZ.jpg
44e42898b77edc733079473dd04d88eb--water-treatment-water-art.jpg
water_towers_8b.jpg
Projects_Arch_DC_Water_Tower_1-1820x1024.jpg
EIOTQ7VYHRCGVH2OUIFHVLJOVE.JPG
agree that this is an opportunity to buid something that combines form and function but i really don't want to see a corn phallus next to Kinnick

Reactions: Tunadog
1st mention on HROT -
No way that is the first time it was discussed. It had to be much earlier than that.

agree that this is an opportunity to buid something that combines form and function but i really don't want to see a corn phallus next to Kinnick
What would be so bad about that? When I was a kid we we always stopped at the corn phallus while driving through South Dakota.

For YEARS we fought to get it painted.

/sigh
Why do you think they let it be painted? It was an early thought at the time, but the plan by the time they painted it was to eventually tear it down.

The Fieldhouse will also be torn down in the coming years as part of the broader plan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT