ADVERTISEMENT

Well that sucked...

Hawkfan_08

HR Legend
Nov 9, 2002
North Liberty
A great second half coming back from down 17 on the road. Had multiple leads in the 2nd. Went up 3 and then back down 3.

Bugaboo strikes again with a lack of rebounding. Absolutely killed us.

Unfortunately, close doesn't count for anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buffalo43
I was curious to see if there would be a 'non game thread bitch thread.' The fact that there is only one (as of now) and it took several minutes after the game ended shows me apathy is really setting in

Yeah but this one was a different type of loss for anyone who watched all the way through. It was tough to watch us come back from down big, get up 3, and then fall apart.

Perkins and Sandfort had 48 of our 68. Add in Dix and that is 58 of 68.

Unfortunately just not good enough this year.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Apathy? Let‘s see. Our mediocre team lost to another mediocre team on their home court. I can‘t imagine who wouldn‘t be excited about that game, even before they started.

Kind of like Kirk throwing Petras back in the games after getting killed multiple times, interceptions, crowd booing, etc...
Petras was like completely beaten emotionally and physically many times.
Idiot Kirk throws him back to the wolves.
You hardcore fb fans saw what I saw.

Kind of like Kirk throwing Petras back in the games after getting killed multiple times, interceptions, crowd booing, etc...
Petras was like completely beaten emotionally and physically many times.
Idiot Kirk throws him back to the wolves.
You hardcore fb fans saw what I saw.
And how does he top that?

Plays Deacon Hill most of the next season.

Tuned in for the last 4 minutes. Just enough time to get hopes up and then for the inevitable meltdown. 0-8 scoring differential to finish the game. Watching hero 3pt airball, when only down 2. Coaches son getting lost on defense for a wide open 3. Giving up offensive rebounds. Great example of a Fran team in just 2 minutes.

Spectacular

I understood on defense for the top of the zone press but not on offense.

The zone press with PMac has had minimal success. Would like to see stats, but for as many turnovers we have caused, we've given up as many easy buckets because everyone is out of position once the press is broken.

Sit him and find someone to play defense in the half court... Oh year, Fran doesn't give 2 sh*ts about defense.

Reactions: Bulldogs1974
Yeah I have struggled to really care after the Richmond game. I have only watched maybe 5 or so games beginning to end since then. Actually the only full game I've watched this year is the Creighton game. Countless times I've watched the first 5-10 mins before turning it, and that is regardless if we are leading or not.
Really hard for me to care or get upset anymore, sadly I spend more time chuckling or smirking at Iowa Bball lately.

I was curious to see if there would be a 'non game thread bitch thread.' The fact that there is only one (as of now) and it took several minutes after the game ended shows me apathy is really setting in

so your prefer Apathy to Bitching?

Fran has enough talent to get a 10-10 B1G record. He's trending to finish below that but maybe they can get hot.

Bring Krikke off the bench. PMAC is a 10 minute per game talent.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
I got my damn hopes up. Should have known better. PMac doesn't give a shit, so what the hell should I? Or anyone?

I watched the game. Passionately. Hawks showed a lot of resilience. I like the trend of this team and the way Perkins and Sandy are playing. Dembele and Harding played well. Winning on the road is always tough. I think have a good shit to win our next 4.
Do I have this straight.

If they all have a good shit then they will have a shot at their next 4

I really don't give a shot anymore.

Love this gif...too funny. You're sentiments exactly. Lol
Mine also.

I Dont Morgan Freeman GIF

so your prefer Apathy to Bitching?

Fran has enough talent to get a 10-10 B1G record. He's trending to finish below that but maybe they can get hot.

Bring Krikke off the bench. PMAC is a 10 minute per game talent.
Iowa can't afford to bring Krikke off the bench, he's out their for his offense only and who else would you start in his place, Brauns or Patrick, sure....Ben is finding out this is not the Missouri Valley and every night he's going against players much taller and better rebounders then he could ever imagine. At home he's going to be a different player then on the road but I questioned why he was taken off the portal and he hasn't disappointed me. I'm glad this year is his last.
Patrick shouldn't be getting more then a few minutes a game unless he scores a three or a dunk in the first few minutes of a game, other wise he provides nothing, his presents at the point of the press is a waste of time and he avoids contact like the plague, he can't even close out on a shooter soon enough to alter a shot and the word rebound has no meaning to him. This is his 5th year at Iowa and he's gotten worse during the last 2 years....hope he doesn't take his Covid year next year, I'm ready to see someone else take his place on the roster.
Cooper Koch can't get at Iowa soon enough for me.

Yeah I have struggled to really care after the Richmond game. I have only watched maybe 5 or so games beginning to end since then. Actually the only full game I've watched this year is the Creighton game. Countless times I've watched the first 5-10 mins before turning it, and that is regardless if we are leading or not.
Really hard for me to care or get upset anymore, sadly I spend more time chuckling or smirking at Iowa Bball lately.
That Richmond game was the last straw for me as well. I've barely tuned in the last couple of years and most times I flat out forget there's even a game on. I did watch tonight until there was about seven minutes left and then switched to something else. Thanks for the memories, Fran but it's time to turn the page on Hawk basketball.

I‘m a Krikke fan but he was horrible tonight. I‘m a Payton fan but he‘s no Caitlin. Perkins was our only positive tonight and that just wasn‘t enough.
I feel terrible for Patrick but the truth is that we thought he would be a team MVP when he joined the team. Maybe he was overrated, or maybe the outside distractions affected his game (my position) but he adds nothing to the team.

Tuned in for the last 4 minutes. Just enough time to get hopes up and then for the inevitable meltdown. 0-8 scoring differential to finish the game. Watching hero 3pt airball, when only down 2. Coaches son getting lost on defense for a wide open 3. Giving up offensive rebounds. Great example of a Fran team in just 2 minutes.

Spectacular
No doubt. For all the accolades that Sandy will get for his 26 points, he did a lot of the same stupid shit down the stretch. EXTREMELY stupid pass throwing in all the way across court to easily be picked off, and some more off balance clanks and air balls in winning time. Not like he and Saucy T had much help though. Freeman played like a freshman tonight. Krikke was awful. If he's not scoring in double figures he's a detrement to even be on the floor. Demeble played a pretty sold game on defense, but he hasn't found any offensive rythem all season. Bowen played about 1 minute the whole game. I fully expect him to hit the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT