ADVERTISEMENT

Were you good at sports in school?

Nah, not really.

I was a really good baseball player growing up, and it was by FAR the sport I loved the most. But, starting in 7th grade my vision deteriorated rapidly, and instead of admitting it, I basically played with the whole world being a blur. So, I went from being a standout to a scrub. And by the time I accepted my 4-eyed fate freshman year and was all set to play baseball that spring…my brother passed away and I was too grief-stricken to do much of anything for about 6 months.

In basketball, I was a really good 3-point shooter, but it was about the only thing I could do and I just didn’t enjoy playing the game; my attitude stunk. My best game, not surprisingly, was my last. Sophomore year, I dressed varsity (1A school) and had 14 off the bench in the second half when the two guys ahead of me had foul trouble/sprained ankle. I was in total “Eff it” mode and just went off. That was fun, but coach was understandably pissed. Did not see the floor at all during districts.

Decent golfer, but didn’t really do anything of note.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Ended up playing baseball at Iowa until my arm fell off against Michigan State. Then I became a fulltime alcoholic.

• Wow
Reactions: BrianNole777
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT