ADVERTISEMENT

West Lafayette Weather Forecast

That didn't happen. Iowa scored with 1:04 left to cut the score to 24-15. Iowa went for two and failed.

i
TD
1:04
Noah Fant 6 Yd pass from Nathan Stanley (Two-Point Pass Conversion Failed)
11 plays, 45 yards, 2:51

:)

That didn't happen. Iowa scored with 1:04 left to cut the score to 24-15. Iowa went for two and failed.

i
TD
1:04
Noah Fant 6 Yd pass from Nathan Stanley (Two-Point Pass Conversion Failed)
11 plays, 45 yards, 2:51

Ah yes, my mistake on my memory. But the same thing applies....

I knew there was a stupid think Kirk did at the end of that game.

Ok. The hawks were down by 9 points so just kick the frigging extra point to make it an 8 point lead which is a one possession game.

The PAT is about a 96% success rate even with that wind which was at Iowa's back. The two point conversion is a much lower success rate, especially with Iowa's offense on that day as you can tell they had only scored 9 points after 59 minutes.

Going for 2 pts and missing totally sealed a loss whereas getting to within 8 points is a better chance.

Thanks for reminding me of what really happened but still how stupid of a decision is was by Kirk.

In the end, Iowa was behind 24-9 right before they scored so they needed two TDs, at least one PAT, and one 2 PT conversion. Stupid to go for two down by 9 and kicking off.

How many of those sacks allowed are when a D lineman brushes past Petras with one hand and he instinctively falls down on the spot?
Ol' Doodle desperately searched high and low for the "Sacks Allowed by QB Curling Up In The Fetal Position" stat.....but it is nowhere to be had. Anecdotally though, it certainly seems unlikely that anyone would have allowed more of those than Iowa through 8 games this year.

Ok. The hawks were down by 9 points so just kick the frigging extra point to make it an 8 point lead which is a one possession game.

The PAT is about a 96% success rate even with that wind which was at Iowa's back. The two point conversion is a much lower success rate, especially with Iowa's offense on that day as you can tell they had only scored 9 points after 59 minutes.

Going for 2 pts and missing totally sealed a loss whereas getting to within 8 points is a better chance.

Thanks for reminding me of what really happened but still how stupid of a decision is was by Kirk.

In the end, Iowa was behind 24-9 right before they scored so they needed two TDs, at least one PAT, and one 2 PT conversion. Stupid to go for two down by 9 and kicking off.

Correct. Kicking the xp was the no brainer play. Of course there were people on here defending going for 2 in that spot😂

Maybe the stupid guy is the one misremembering and making crap up? Then rearranging the deck chairs to your argument when you're shown to be wrong?

If Iowa was going to tie that game in regulation, a 2-point conversion needed to happen. Iowa chose to go for it early and missed. Doesn't mean it was wrong.

Yes! There is a ton of proof here that everyone is in FACT speculating! Anything else I can clarify for you??

Oh. And he's gone. Duh.
It's just getting annoying. Yes, his dad likes the guy at Nebraska and played for Nebraska. It matters what his son wants to do.

I get that he may not want to be stuck here struggling to get targets but I'm so tired of this forgone conclusion based on nothing but rumors that he is out of here and that his injury is fake.

It's just getting annoying. Yes, his dad likes the guy at Nebraska and played for Nebraska. It matters what his son wants to do.

I get that he may not want to be stuck here struggling to get targets but I'm so tired of this forgone conclusion based on nothing but rumors that he is out of here and that his injury is fake.
Well I definitely don't think his injury was/is fake. I also don't think it impacts the team much whether he stays or goes. The offense will likely suffer either way.

Reactions: ShonnDeereGreene
Weather conditions reminds me of the Maryland game at Kinnick in 18'. Purdue is a great passing team so that helps Iowa obviously but minus last week and Nevada we've struggled to run the ball which is how we beat Marlyand few years ago. Stronger run game, were able to get some safe effective passing plays in and D held them in check all day including a fumble return TD.

Generally I would prefer Iowa to use their strengths over weaknesses. Running the ball, throwing to TEs, and once in a while a long throw down the sidelines. And a wheel route to the Kaleb, please!

When is Keagan J coming back?
You’ve seen his last game already you just didn’t know it.

• Haha
Reactions: QChawks and BBHawk
The news was saying 60+ mph gusts during gametime tonight. Maybe this will keep their stupid train whistle from going off.

Maybe the stupid guy is the one misremembering and making crap up? Then rearranging the deck chairs to your argument when you're shown to be wrong?

If Iowa was going to tie that game in regulation, a 2-point conversion needed to happen. Iowa chose to go for it early and missed. Doesn't mean it was wrong.

It is probably not near the best coaching decision to go for a 2 pt conversion until you really need it. That has been in the coaching bible since Knute Rockne, yikes.

The 1 point PAT is very high percentage and puts you within one score.

Going for a much lower percentage 2 pt conversion being down nine points and missing it which is more probable means game over at a 99.9% probability. Just off the top of my head I would guess in Kirk's 24 years they are under 50% going for 2 pts.

Recipie for Iowa success today....field position game with PU punting out of their end zone against the wind...repeatedly!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT