ADVERTISEMENT

What age did you stop playing with toys vs your kiddos

Probably later than that, but we didn't have phones, tablets, computers, gaming systems, or cable in the house. Had to hold out as long as you could to keep busy.
My wife took a photo of a ton of toys, a hotwheels garage tower, hotwheels, 12" Marvel characters, etc. and sent it to a friend with 3 boys. Her response? No thanks, my boys just aren't into that stuff. Two of them are 5 and 8 and they sit on the sidelines for their brother's soccer practice playing on their phones.

In other words, you're probably 100% spot on.

I’d say 10 or 11 is pretty normal, that’s when most of mine stopped playing with them, with Legos being the exception, my 18 yo still buys sets.
I don’t really remember when I stopped, probably around the same age.

I was just thinking about this today. About 6-8 months ago I sat down and played Hot Wheels with my son who was almost 12. I'm wondering if that's the last time I will sit down and play with him like that. I started a puzzle with my younger two(10,8) the other day. They're at the age now where if we play it's usually throwing a ball or playing video games. Toys are all slowly disappearing from our house.

I was just thinking about this today. About 6-8 months ago I sat down and played Hot Wheels with my son who was almost 12. I'm wondering if that's the last time I will sit down and play with him like that. I started a puzzle with my younger two(10,8) the other day. They're at the age now where if we play it's usually throwing a ball or playing video games. Toys are all slowly disappearing from our house.
Yup, it's all about screen games and sports. I'm pretty fortunate, though, my son loves all things football and even keeps up with adults in conversations. He would literally watch every game if he could.

That's young. My kids did until teenage years basically.

The best toys were the most simple. We got these army type action figures called 'The Corp' back in the day around 2005 for $1 a piece. The kids would make up elaborate stories about the adventures and villains, etc.

Priceless

All 3 of my boys (including the oldest who turns 21 in 2 days) still play with Legos as do I.

We are also avid board game players (less toys but still not screens/video games) and have been known to roll out the pop-a-shot, farm toys and other stuff from their youth at times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT