ADVERTISEMENT

What determines NCAAT times? Seeding?

northside_hawk

Scout Team
Feb 23, 2015
I have to work Th-Sunday 7pm-1am and I am hoping for day games, unlike most here I would imagine. I noticed the blank brackets don't have set times, unlike the BTT did. So what determines the times? Ratings? Historical seeding?

Doubt this answers your question but the games out here in Seattle are already set as far as time goes. Now who is in those regions is determined by a committee but I think you probably knew that.

Friday 12PM PST is the first 2 games. Not sure what region and what seed plays when and were.

Friday 6PM PST is the last 2 games. Same as above.

Sunday at 12PM the other 2 games will start to send a couple teams to the sweet 16.

Now what I don't know is this.

Lunardi right now has Iowa a 7 seed in the East Region playing Omaha. Is that bracket (East seeds 7vs10 and 2 vs. 15) already determined to play in Omaha or does it depend on what teams fill those seeds? It's a good question and I am sure I don't know the answer.

Omaha will definitely be getting two 2 seeds and obviously the 7-10 games as well. The region's already now what seeds are coming the committee just has to fit the teams into those seeds.

Originally posted by buttermypancakes:
Omaha will definitely be getting two 2 seeds and obviously the 7-10 games as well. The region's already now what seeds are coming the committee just has to fit the teams into those seeds.
Are you sure about this? You could be right but it would be very odd that the bracketologist wouldn't have a clue about it.

Palm has us as a 6 playing in Omaha
Lunardi has had us as a 7 in Omaha

Wouldn't it depend some on who ends up with what seed? I'd agree pretty much that as long as Kansas is slotted as a 2 they'd be in Omaha.

The region's don't know their seeds. If Kentucky was a 2 seed, for example, and Kansas was a 1 seed, Louisville would host the 2 seed Kentucky and Omaha would host a 1 seed Kansas.

Starting times for games are usually announced on Monday after Selection Sunday. CBS sets starting times based on what they think will get most viewers. More popular programs are usually slotted in the evening time periods.

1. What is best for Duke.

2. What will produce the best TV audience for Duke.

3. How close to campus can Duke play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT