ADVERTISEMENT

What did we learn

Elihawk

HB Legend
Oct 5, 2001
Haven’t rewatch the game yet, but we sure learned a couple thing about the Hawks on Saturday…

1. CJB seems to have the “it” factor. At the end of game, he is better than earlier. He is clutch.

2. This is a Norm Parker defense!

3. Special teams, I think we are better, but we cannot have a punt block for TD and expect to win games!

4. OL, hard to explain…not more talented than last year, but so far better! Need to keep improving our pass blocking!

5. DL, need to get more pressure, but with Ott back, that will happen.

6. Kicker! What a weapon…long kick offs, 57 yd FG (I guess 1 yd from the Iowa record).

7. Punter, well, didn’t see exactly what happened on the blocked punt, but not our strength. Improved over last year, for sure!

8. After 3 games, we are allowing 1.9 yd per rush. I guess that means our DL is damn good against the run!

9. I think Pitt will end up being a damn good team this year and this will end up being a “quality win”… tackle well, very physical. I will be not be suprised to see this Pitt team have 7-8 wins at the end of the year.

10. Really need to get Kittle health and involved in our passing game...at least until Duzey get back!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News