ADVERTISEMENT

What do you expect when you start 4 white guys!!? Our b-ball team is a bigger national joke than our fball offense! BOTH F’N PATHETIC!!!!

curtisj157

HR All-State
Aug 26, 2021
Disgraceful that a Big Ten b-ball team should be this bad. I know a few of you will claim racism but it’s the facts. Each year 95 of the top 100 high school basketball players are black. Why we recruit like we’re building a swim team, I’ll never understand!! Can’t create off the dribble, slow on defense, slow on rebounds. Pathetic!!

Thats Racist GIF

Disgraceful that a Big Ten b-ball team should be this bad. I know a few of you will claim racism but it’s the facts. Each year 95 of the top 100 high school basketball players are black. Why we recruit like we’re building a swim team, I’ll never understand!! Can’t create off the dribble, slow on defense, slow on rebounds. Pathetic!!
I know 10-3 is fuc*king pathetic you douche!

Reactions: GRT2B1
Reminds me of most of our players trying to take a defender off the dribble.

The recruiting needs an upgrade.

sloth GIF
You're basically saying that OP said, without stating the obvious. Yes, "recruiting" (ahem) needs an upgrade...

it’s racism. Saying “give me no other info than race, pick a team”, I’m going to pick by race. But that is not how anyone recruits.

We don’t “need more black players”. We need more good players.

Okey Ukah was not better than Aaron White.
There ARE exceptions...outliers....anomalies out there. The majority, by far, of the best BB players in college and the NBA are black. For every Larry Bird, Luka Doncic (sp?), etc., there are many more black players who are great. Always has been that way. It's no accident. Most are afraid to admit this over the crazy fear of being labeled "racist".

it’s racism. Saying “give me no other info than race, pick a team”, I’m going to pick by race. But that is not how anyone recruits.

We don’t “need more black players”. We need more good players.

Okey Ukah was not better than Aaron White.
Most good players are black players. That’s the whole point! We look more like the Pottery Barn company picnic B team.

Hold judgment on the freshman.

Dembele is the athlete we have been looking for an seemingly a willing rebounder. I think he can be a very good starter in a year or two.

Harding has show tons of potential but needs more time to develop. He is using this year to get acclimated to the league. He's got tons of drive and dish potential. Needs to develop his shot and defend.

Freeman might be one of the best players on the team already. He is still learning what he can and can't do. Will get the physicality lessons in the Big Ten.

Pryce, we know can shoot. I'm maybe not as high on him as I am the others but he needs to get bigger (I'm not sure how much lateral quickness he will add).

So that's the problem. Bowen looks to play hard all the time and he's a sophomore.

Krikke has been good and cooled down but still new to the program. Tony is trying to get going. Peyton can shoot but can't defend 1v1 at all, Dix seems like he is serviceable but not for long minutes. I didn't like that he got the start over Bowen and think he needs to play more. Pat is having a dreadful start. He's a good kid but I'm sure he'd admit things should look different now.

There is the problem... our freshman aren't plug and play instant stars like other freshman around the country, and that is okay. We need all upper classmen to be the go to guys and it isn't working. I've totally resigned myself to this being a transition year and dealing with it as such. I'm not giving up on the young guys but the older guys have to step up to not have this be a misrable year.

Hold judgment on the freshman.

Dembele is the athlete we have been looking for an seemingly a willing rebounder. I think he can be a very good starter in a year or two.

Harding has show tons of potential but needs more time to develop. He is using this year to get acclimated to the league. He's got tons of drive and dish potential. Needs to develop his shot and defend.

Freeman might be one of the best players on the team already. He is still learning what he can and can't do. Will get the physicality lessons in the Big Ten.

Pryce, we know can shoot. I'm maybe not as high on him as I am the others but he needs to get bigger (I'm not sure how much lateral quickness he will add).

So that's the problem. Bowen looks to play hard all the time and he's a sophomore.

Krikke has been good and cooled down but still new to the program. Tony is trying to get going. Peyton can shoot but can't defend 1v1 at all, Dix seems like he is serviceable but not for long minutes. I didn't like that he got the start over Bowen and think he needs to play more. Pat is having a dreadful start. He's a good kid but I'm sure he'd admit things should look different now.

There is the problem... our freshman aren't plug and play instant stars like other freshman around the country, and that is okay. We need all upper classmen to be the go to guys and it isn't working. I've totally resigned myself to this being a transition year and dealing with it as such. I'm not giving up on the young guys but the older guys have to step up to not have this be a misrable year.

That is very optimistic take. Freeman is pretty good that I agree, Dimbelle may turn out good...he's better option that some other guys but he's not ready now...... Harding doesn't appear to have good shot form and is tiny. Krikee is the worst post defender in the country. Unless Krikke is on fire like Creighton game, he's giving up as many as he scores.

The pieces are there that next year a new coach could turn things around. I don't think this year's team is very good. Looks like a bottom feeder in B1G to me and B1G is not a great basketball conference.

Imagine saying the same type of crap about a minority race, OP is a POS . So I guess MLB and the NHL needs to exclude Black Players by Your reasoning, Iowa has had plenty of All B1G and AA white Players . Go to the bathroom and beat Yourself up . It is on Fran for recruiting bad Players and the color of the bad Players skin doesnt mean anything . Guess someone better tell Caitlyn Clark She is in the wrong sport too .

Yeah, that’s called an anomaly. You’re kinda proving his point. The last FF team that was that white prior to Wisconsin was probably Utah in the 1990s. Before that, Adolph Rupp’s Kentucky teams.

Again, this is not rocket science.
Disagree. the year before they only had 3 white starters and only made the Final Four. Then, next year with 4 white starters, they made it to the final. More white starters = more success. It's just good science.

You guys remember that guy covering Mississippi State a few years ago when the Hawks beat them in the bowl game? Didn't the guy flip out because Iowa had white players? Later apologized?

You guys remember that guy covering Mississippi State a few years ago when the Hawks beat them in the bowl game? Didn't the guy flip out because Iowa had white players? Later apologized?
Not as an exact science in football. Unless, all your wide receivers and tailbacks are white, then you’re in big trouble.

This has got to be the dumbest thread in the last 5 years. Seriously. Admins delete this s***

And you guys entertaining this foolishness is insane

That is very optimistic take. Freeman is pretty good that I agree, Dimbelle may turn out good...he's better option that some other guys but he's not ready now...... Harding doesn't appear to have good shot form and is tiny. Krikee is the worst post defender in the country. Unless Krikke is on fire like Creighton game, he's giving up as many as he scores.

The pieces are there that next year a new coach could turn things around. I don't think this year's team is very good. Looks like a bottom feeder in B1G to me and B1G is not a great basketball conference.
I'm not trying to say any of the guys are elite (other than maybe Freeman) but I think the freshman will be okay. My point is that they are not ready for this level yet but needed to do something because the regulars aren't very good.

I'm trying to give Krikke the benefit of the doubt but it looks like his offensive game has slowed. Without that... uh oh.

Reactions: bIhawk
Imagine saying the same type of crap about a minority race, OP is a POS . So I guess MLB and the NHL needs to exclude Black Players by Your reasoning, Iowa has had plenty of All B1G and AA white Players . Go to the bathroom and beat Yourself up . It is on Fran for recruiting bad Players and the color of the bad Players skin doesnt mean anything . Guess someone better tell Caitlyn Clark She is in the wrong sport too .
Let's see Clark light it up in the wnba. Until then enjoy the Caucasian competition in big ten women's hoops.

A lot of that game isu was playing two skinny white kids. The difference is actually teaching defense and the baseline standard is hustle. You know the thing fran absolutely hated about Joe touissant. He’d rather play a Josh ogelsby out of potential offense than a hustling defender.

There is definitely a running/jumping advantage for blacks due to the leg/torso ratio differences. There will never be a white Usain Bolt for the same reason there will never be a black Michael Phelps. But basketball isn't just running and jumping, it's still very much a skill game. That's why players like Larry Bird, Doncic, and Jokic can dominate despite not being freakishly athletic even among other whites. Some might even call Doncic and Jokic pudgy and undisciplined in terms of physical fitness.

When Iowa had those teams with JBo, Garza, and Fredrick, that kind of shooting talent just needed a few pieces around them and a better defensive coach, and we're maybe talking final four. Unfortunately Fran McCaffery has absolutely no idea how to coach defense or strategize for opposing teams.

Last edited:
What in the Alabama Jim Crow Racist a** s** is this. Seriously I can’t believe some of you are writing this.

Almost no white men have run a sub 10 second 100 meter dash. We know the scientific reasons why. There's no reason to be uncomfortable talking about it.

link

Our black kids can't shoot. Bowen will break a glass backboard before the year is over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT