ADVERTISEMENT

What do you expect when you start 4 white guys!!? Our b-ball team is a bigger national joke than our fball offense! BOTH F’N PATHETIC!!!!

There ARE exceptions...outliers....anomalies out there. The majority, by far, of the best BB players in college and the NBA are black. For every Larry Bird, Luka Doncic (sp?), etc., there are many more black players who are great. Always has been that way. It's no accident. Most are afraid to admit this over the crazy fear of being labeled "racist".
It hasn't ALWAYS been like that. In the late 40s and early 50s, it was a "Jewish sport." Because they are so sly and crafty, you understand,

…you’d be staying a fact (well, I don’t know if it’s true, but let’s say it is).

But it is not a fact that Iowa’s problem is too many white guys. That is a judgement, and a racist one.

Iowa’s problem is not enough good enough players.
Well, when 95 of the top 100 high school players each year are black, then the “good enough players” are generally black.

Well, when 95 of the top 100 high school players each year are black, then the “good enough players” are generally black.
Yes. But that doesn’t mean that if we have more black players, then we’ll be better.

Again, if all you had to go on is race, sure. But there are white players that are better than black players. Just try to get the good players.

This is not hard.

283ddcd7-cd2a-4070-8106-37515f1b80a4_text.gif
No, it’s not.

That ISU guy with the mustache and corn rows looked like he was 15 years older than anyone else on the court.
They always have guys like that. Their starting forward.
Vid of him last year driving to senior prom.

Pulp Fiction GIF

Last edited:
I know most have probably seen this, for those that haven't, pretty funny.

And how many of those 10 wins is due to the offense? Maybe 2.
Pathetic? I think not. They never ask how. They ask how many? You need to find a new team. When they improve and get going with those young player you can’t jump back on the bandwagon. Remember Iowa football and basketball is pathetic, Have you ever coached or played beyond middle school? lol

Pathetic? I think not. They never ask how. They ask how many? You need to find a new team. When they improve and get going with those young player you can’t jump back on the bandwagon. Remember Iowa football and basketball is pathetic, Have you ever coached or played beyond middle school? lol
Ah, the old "if you don't like being dead last in offense then find a new team". Ok Mary.

Ah, the old "if you don't like being dead last in offense then find a new team". Ok Mary.
Yeah, I’ve never understood this made-up dichotomy from the self-righteous. There is definitely plenty of middle ground between the two extremes.

Well have you coached? I’m sure Alabama fans, like you, find something to bitch about. It’s a head shaker how they won 10 games but they won 10 friggin games. I’m proud of this team. It must be miserable being you! Oh btw, it’s time to come out of your parent’s basement!

Well have you coached? I’m sure Alabama fans, like you, find something to bitch about. It’s a head shaker how they won 10 games but they won 10 friggin games. I’m proud of this team. It must be miserable being you! Oh btw, it’s time to come out of your parent’s basement!
Seriously, this might be the most tired insult in internet history. Take your football rant to the football board where it will also lack substance but at least it will lack substance in the context of the correct location.

Reactions: littlez
Then what happened?
They won a game which is more than the next two years with only 3 white guys.

The racial make up of the team is not the primary issue it's that the coach is absolutely unwilling to give defense the necessary focus it deserves.

Iowa doesn't play bad defense because of their skin color they play bad defense because they don't have any fcking clue what they are supposed to be doing.

A Wisconsin fan of all people should know defense doesn't equate to skin color.

Defense is mostly mental.

Yeah, that’s called an anomaly. You’re kinda proving his point. The last FF team that was that white prior to Wisconsin was probably Utah in the 1990s. Before that, Adolph Rupp’s Kentucky teams.

Again, this is not rocket science.
Virginal NC team like 4 years ago started 3 white guys and an Asian and they were the best defensive team in the country because of their coach.

Before that Duke in 2010.

Iowa is bad at defense mostly because of the same reason they are good at offense, Fran.

so you are ecstatic with the offense the past 3 years, got it
if it wasn't for soaker you'd be the biggest idiot on this site

Reactions: jonesy5960
so you are ecstatic with the offense the past 3 years, got it
if it wasn't for soaker you'd be the biggest idiot on this site
I didn’t say that. It takes an idiot to recognize one and you have great credentials. I’m an Iowa fan and 10 wins is pretty good. I still believe it must be miserable being you. You will always find something to bitch about. It’s your DNA. If you are so upset why not follow another team. You’ll be happy and Iowa rivals posters will be happy.

Seriously, this might be the most tired insult in internet history. Take your football rant to the football board where it will also lack substance but at least it will lack substance in the context of the correct location.
My rant is for idiots that say the programs are pathetic. I didn’t start that and I can’t appreciate ignorance of some of the poster that would pee their pants if they ever had pressure. Are you one of them too or just another tough guy internet poster with all the answers?

The guys on here claiming for more black guys would be the first ones going off saying “ white guys can jump “ if we had a team of white guys taking names and kicking ass rolling against the league .
It’s ridiculous. Cut the shit out. We have had bust in both ethnicities. We have had stellar athletes in both. We need more skilled athletes regardless of race that excel in different positions that complement each other. Plain and simple. I root for Iowa, regardless of color on the floor.

GROW UP.

My rant is for idiots that say the programs are pathetic. I didn’t start that and I can’t appreciate ignorance of some of the poster that would pee their pants if they ever had pressure. Are you one of them too or just another tough guy internet poster with all the answers?
You did start it. You took a post that was directed at the programs and acted like the poster was attacking you directly. Nobody even said the football program was pathetic and yet you want to lash out about something that was never said because you allow yourself to get all lathered up by an angry troll and failed to recognize that it was specifically the offense that it was diected at, and no one can utilize a single metric or statistical reference to argue against that simple fact. It was worst in the country bad and it's been that way for years now. That's pretty pathetic from any perspective. Shout out 10-3 to rooftops all you like. It doesn't make the offense look any better. It's simply another point of reference for how elite this defense and special teams were.

Last edited:
You did start it. You took a post that was directed at the programs and acted like the poster was attacking you diectly. Nobody even said the football program was pathetic and yet you want to lash out about something that was never said because you allow yourself to get all lathered up by an angry troll and failed to recognize that it was specifically the offense that it was diected at, and no one can utilize a single metric or statistical reference to argue against that simple fact. It was worst in the country bad and it's been that way for years now. That's pretty pathetic from any perspective. Shout out 10-3 to rooftops of you like. It doesn't make the offense look any better. It's simply another point of reference for how elite this defense and special teams were.
Stfu troll , 10-3

lol I’d love for you to name another white cornerback in the NFL right now.
Riley isn’t exactly tearing it up and we have no idea how copper will do once he gets there.
Yeah, a weak pitch on my part. But i think these freshman are going to do big things.

Lack of lateral quickness has been an issue for years. We've had good shooters over the years but way too many times those shooters can't keep their guy in front of them on defense.
To add to your excellent point, shooters will always have off nights. Good defense should never have an off night. Period.

When you consider Fran will never have enough talent to effectively run the system he wants, it’s insane not to build upon defense and rebounding. Instead, Fran wants to put together a roster full of Kyle Korvers and Steve Kerrs and get in a track meet with every team they play. It looks good against Alabama Gulf Coast A&M State but not so much against decent teams who are athletic.

Or, as our friend @curtisj157 would put it: When you want your roster to look like the Pottery Barn company picnic swim team, you better play a style like Wisconsin’s.

To add to your excellent point, shooters will always have off nights. Good defense should never have an off night. Period.

When you consider Fran will never have enough talent to effectively run the system he wants, it’s insane not to build upon defense and rebounding. Instead, Fran wants to put together a roster full of Kyle Korvers and Steve Kerrs and get in a track meet with every team they play. It looks good against Alabama Gulf Coast A&M State but not so much against decent teams who are athletic.

Or, as our friend @curtisj157 would put it: When you want your roster to look like the Pottery Barn company picnic swim team, you better play a style like Wisconsin’s.
He does effectively run the offensive system he wants, iowa leads the league in scoring in big ten games most years.

The offensive system isn't the problem it's the coaches one track mind focus.

The same way Iowa football is always fundamentally sound on defense iowa basketball is always extremely poor at the fundamentals of defense.

Just a different coaching approach would fix a lot of it but Frans not capable of acknowledging the weaknesses in his approach and thus we see the same results year after year.

He'd rather lose his way than hire an assistant to teach proper defense.

He does effectively run the offensive system he wants, iowa leads the league in scoring in big ten games most years.

The offensive system isn't the problem it's the coaches one track mind focus.

The same way Iowa football is always fundamentally sound on defense iowa basketball is always extremely poor at the fundamentals of defense.

Just a different coaching approach would fix a lot of it but Frans not capable of acknowledging the weaknesses in his approach and thus we see the same results year after year.

He'd rather lose his way than hire an assistant to teach proper defense.
Fran has been in the game too long to not know how to coach/teach defense. He also has 3 assistant coaches who should also be able to help him figure out the defensive struggles.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
Fran has been in the game too long to not know how to coach/teach defense. He also has 3 assistant coaches who should also be able to help him figure out the defensive struggles.
Well yeah obviously.

It's not that hes trying to figure it out and cant it's that he's not trying to figure anything out.

He doesn't give a fck about defense.

AND, just what happened in that first game?
What part of Iowa was a 2 seed do you dolts not understand? I see a lot of all black teams not make the tournament every year. Maybe those teams should recruit more white players. Your narrative is lame.

What part of Iowa was a 2 seed do you dolts not understand? I see a lot of all black teams not make the tournament every year. Maybe those teams should recruit more white players. Your narrative is lame.
Wow you really went off on a tangent. What narrative? Iowa's issue isn't their skin color and I never said it was. The problem is the guys Fran recruits either can't, won't, or have never been coached to bang on the glass and defend. As to getting blown out by Oregon, that did in fact happen, or did you miss that?

This is not complicated.

Fact: Black players are, on average, more athletic than white players, and generally more capable of staying in front of guys defensively, or blowing by a defender when they have the ball. Notice I say "generally", "on average", etc.

Fact: White players will still be better BASKETBALL PLAYERS if they're more skilled than those who are not, regardless of athleticism. The athleticism doesn't help a lot if you don't have basketball skills.

That said, if I had to choose between a black team that has zero basketball skills or a white (unathletic) team full of guys with high skill level and basketball IQ, well yeah - I'd choose the latter.

It just would be nice to have more players that are a combination of the two. This is something that Iowa, for whatever reason, ALWAYS seems to struggle with, even when compared to that other in-state team from Ames, who has no built-in recruiting advantage that Iowa doesn't have. Same in-state talent pool. I'm not sure what the deal is.

Painter at PU always has a mix of players that resembles Iowa's roster.
But he always has a giant rim-protector and he insists on defensive fundamentals from all his players.
They lead the league in 3 point shooting this year but play physical defense.
Now, they also struggle in the tournament so maybe their lack of athleticism catches up to them.
The whole league struggles in the tourney outside of MSU, who have a black dominant roster.
It is what it is...tourny success is most common with MSU type rosters.

This has nothing to do with race. It's the combination of 5 players he starts from the pool Fran has recruited. Thankfully the BIG just isn't terrific, so maybe there is hope.

The difference between Painter's players and Fran's players is in who coaches them. One teaches great fundamentals and one doesn't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT