ADVERTISEMENT

What do you expect when you start 4 white guys!!? Our b-ball team is a bigger national joke than our fball offense! BOTH F’N PATHETIC!!!!

Before we go jump off the ledge, this Iowa team hung tough with a good
Creighton team on the road

it’s racism. Saying “give me no other info than race, pick a team”, I’m going to pick by race. But that is not how anyone recruits.

We don’t “need more black players”. We need more good players.

Okey Ukah was not better than Aaron White.
This. It never stopped Duke from winning some games.

Reactions: Bishop-71
Disgraceful that a Big Ten b-ball team should be this bad. I know a few of you will claim racism but it’s the facts. Each year 95 of the top 100 high school basketball players are black. Why we recruit like we’re building a swim team, I’ll never understand!! Can’t create off the dribble, slow on defense, slow on rebounds. Pathetic!!
I checked your stats on black vs white and that's a made up statistic. We have an incredible freshman class and 2 4star players coming. Don't care about race. We are set for a couple years from now to make some real noise in the tournament. We just need to wipe out the expectations for winning much this season.

Reactions: hawk224
And what about these white corner backs!!!! Get rid of them and bring in black guys. Riley and Cooper will be exposed against black receivers too!

I checked your stats on black vs white and that's a made up statistic. We have an incredible freshman class and 2 4star players coming. Don't care about race. We are set for a couple years from now to make some real noise in the tournament. We just need to wipe out the expectations for winning much this season.
This is going to be a dark, depressing year for the BB program. Lots of empty seats. The good news is ISU was 0-18 in conference play just a few years ago. Turn arounds can happen quickly in BB and ISU was quick to make a change. The Iowa program is stale and predictable. Nothing to get excited about. Fran needs to retire. He does not inspire enthusiasm for the program, nor is he likeable. He should be embarrassed that the women's team is selling out for Bowling Green and his team is playing in an empty arena.

Reactions: vamchawk
A lot of that game isu was playing two skinny white kids. The difference is actually teaching defense and the baseline standard is hustle. You know the thing fran absolutely hated about Joe touissant. He’d rather play a Josh ogelsby out of potential offense than a hustling defender.

And what about these white corner backs!!!! Get rid of them and bring in black guys. Riley and Cooper will be exposed against black receivers too!
Yep, how many times has the OP made fun of Iowa’s “all white secondary?” A common theme with him

The majority, by far, of the best BB players in college and the NBA are black. For every Larry Bird, Luka Doncic (sp?), etc., there are many more black players who are great.
This is true.

What doesn’t follow (and is racist) is: “We need more black players”.

No, we need more good players.

Reactions: kceasthawk
They were stunned. They never thought they would ever see that many white guys on the court at once. Plus, the light reflection off the white, sweaty skin gave them temporary blindness.
Yeah, deflect from a question that exposes your racism.

Don't sell yourself short, it's pretty damn entertaining.
this is what everyone is missing. this is OP's schtick. he's a pot stirrer and these other fools (i use that term endearingly) fall for it every time. i sometimes wonder if some of the more antagonistic posters here are paid employees of the site, deployed at strategic moments to get people worked up.

how ever he found his way here, he at least keeps things interesting. more interesting than our bb team anyway.

Reactions: RocknRollface
We need b-ball players that have both more fast twitch muscle along with basketball skills. Your eyeballs ought to be able to figure out who has fast twitch muscles, but if in doubt 23&me DNA test would tell you.

Basketball skills like shooting and ball handling and scoring can also be seen from eyeball and there are statistics that measure.

We also need a coach that values and demands defense.

for Mark

• Fast-twitch muscles are a type of muscle fiber that plays an essential role in our body’s ability to move quickly and explosively. As the name suggests, these muscles contract faster than other muscle fibers, enabling athletes and fitness buffs to sprint, jump, and lift heavy weights.

Reactions: bumper52
Black, white, red, yellow isn’t the issue. It’s the type of players Fran recruits and unwillingness to teach defense. He likes length. He likes kids who can shoot from the perimeter (not necessarily penetrators). He’d rather should threes than pound it inside (with the exception of the Garza years). Obviously, he doesn’t see the need for physicality because teams that play physical (Purdue, Iowa State Michigan State, etc.) have their way with us. It’s perfectly ok to recruit long, lean kids that can shoot, but he over does it. His teams always look like clones of each other. We need some bigs who are physical. We need bigs that protect the basket when our opponents take it to the hole 60% of the time. And what we need are players that play defense. But what we REALLY need is a coach that teaches and preaches it. That isn’t going to happen with Fran. It’s always going to be next year we will be better. Next year never comes. If he couldn’t do it with Garza, Weiskamp, Murray’s, he not going to do it with Harding, Freeman, Sandfort.

Disgraceful that a Big Ten b-ball team should be this bad. I know a few of you will claim racism but it’s the facts. Each year 95 of the top 100 high school basketball players are black. Why we recruit like we’re building a swim team, I’ll never understand!! Can’t create off the dribble, slow on defense, slow on rebounds. Pathetic!!
Ok mr. racists idiot.

Before we go jump off the ledge, this Iowa team hung tough with a good
Creighton team on the road
I said the same thing, we are basically losing to top 15 teams. But the last two games are concerning because I think they are blueprints for shutting down our roster, especially Krikke who was given open jumpers all day vs Creighton.

Reactions: Bank of Hawk
Iowa was a 2 seed in the 2021 NCAA tournament with an all white starting lineup.

Black, white, red, yellow isn’t the issue. It’s the type of players Fran recruits and unwillingness to teach defense. He likes length. He likes kids who can shoot from the perimeter (not necessarily penetrators). He’d rather should threes than pound it inside (with the exception of the Garza years). Obviously, he doesn’t see the need for physicality because teams that play physical (Purdue, Iowa State Michigan State, etc.) have their way with us. It’s perfectly ok to recruit long, lean kids that can shoot, but he over does it. His teams always look like clones of each other. We need some bigs who are physical. We need bigs that protect the basket when our opponents take it to the hole 60% of the time. And what we need are players that play defense. But what we REALLY need is a coach that teaches and preaches it. That isn’t going to happen with Fran. It’s always going to be next year we will be better. Next year never comes. If he couldn’t do it with Garza, Weiskamp, Murray’s, he not going to do it with Harding, Freeman, Sandfort.
Yes, too many slow white guys. You can sugarcoat it all you want, that’s the damn problem!!

I said the same thing, we are basically losing to top 15 teams. But the last two games are concerning because I think they are blueprints for shutting down our roster, especially Krikke who was given open jumpers all day vs Creighton.
Those 16-20 footers by Krik, aren’t the most efficient, risk reward is better if he gets out a a few more feet and shoots a three or finds a way to get lower for a shorter shot near the rim which also comes with a higher possibility of getting a foul call.

I don’t see a game plan where a goal (Krikke shooting long 2 point jumpers), can be a consistent winning strategy. Just my opinion though.

If I said, “all punters in the NFL are white!”…
…you’d be stating a fact (well, I don’t know if it’s true, but let’s say it is).

But it is not a fact that Iowa’s problem is too many white guys. That is a judgement, and a racist one.

Iowa’s problem is not enough good enough players.

Last edited:
Geez I could've told you that....................

Oh wait, I did.

Reactions: curtisj157
Yes, too many slow white guys. You can sugarcoat it all you want, that’s the damn problem!!
I think that’s been the fundamental problem with Iowa athletics: not enough honest, candid conversations among the people who matter as far as decisions are concerned.

When I look at the many blowout losses Iowa has had in the second round of the NCAA tournament, it’s almost always because they get run out of the gym by superior athletes. It just amazes me what you’re saying is that controversial. My guess is the same idiots clutching their pearls in this thread about “racism” are the same ones who have no problem with statistics like the racial demographic that commits the most violent crimes in America is black. We can discuss the reasons why, but facts are still facts regardless of anyone’s feelings.

Statistically, what percentage of the top 100 high school seniors in basketball every year are black and what percentage are white? Again, this isn’t difficult.

283ddcd7-cd2a-4070-8106-37515f1b80a4_text.gif

lol I’d love for you to name another white cornerback in the NFL right now.
Riley isn’t exactly tearing it up and we have no idea how copper will do once he gets there.

This is going to be a dark, depressing year for the BB program. Lots of empty seats. The good news is ISU was 0-18 in conference play just a few years ago. Turn arounds can happen quickly in BB and ISU was quick to make a change. The Iowa program is stale and predictable. Nothing to get excited about. Fran needs to retire. He does not inspire enthusiasm for the program, nor is he likeable. He should be embarrassed that the women's team is selling out for Bowling Green and his team is playing in an empty arena.
There is certainly alot of truth to this statement.......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT