ADVERTISEMENT

What does Stanley need to do to be a 1st rounder?

play like a 1st rounder...

This sums it up. If the boxes that need to be checked for the draft are accuracy, arm strength, leadership, decision-making, escapeability, mobility,
rising under pressure, he gets a check in maybe 1 of those 7. Within the B10, he wasn't one of the 6 QBs on the all-conf team so he isn't sending fear into opponents. He really has his work cut out for him. On the other hand, many of the draft teams don't exactly consist of geniuses so anything can happen.

He’s got to be better in the 4th qtr. this year, plain and simple. Wisconsin and Northwestern from last year especially come to mind. Both winnable games if Nate could have made a big play. As others have said the pass against Penn St was huge. We all know so many of our games are decided by a possession or 2, if he can make some big plays it could be the difference between 7-5, 8-4 vs 10-2 and a special season.

Reactions: BUCKSNDUCKS
He's a naturally nervous guy. Pressure gets to him.
You can tell when he speaks in public how rushed and tight he is.
All in the head. Here's hoping he calms down for sr. year.

Stop throwing a tight spiraled ball 75 yards............................. when the receiver is running a 10 yard out pattern.

he has no chance. He isn't mobile enough, struggles under rush and has no deep ball accuracy. Sorry, but one of the most overrated Iowa qb's I've ever seen. Reminds me of Nathan Chandler.
I hope he goes 1st round to the Packers.

Reactions: blhawk
You certainly are a breath of stale, stankin ass air. At least you believe in him. Dumbshit take right here.
You are the dumb shit if you have to cry cuz you disagree. I wouldn't go that far but he's got major holes in his game.

He's a naturally nervous guy. Pressure gets to him.
You can tell when he speaks in public how rushed and tight he is.
All in the head. Here's hoping he calms down for sr. year.

He's a programmable game manager. KF gets nervous around freelancers.
Field position > Points

Last edited:
Stan needs to have a B1G year in order to win da Heiz!

anigif_sub-buzz-17877-1506726883-3.gif

Reactions: 24 so far
He's in most conversations of being one of the top QB's in the draft next year. Guys like Tu, Fromm, Herbert are all at the top, but Stanley is in that "next tier" and it's not unreasonable to think he could move up. Completion percentage needs to improve, less brainfarts (see Penn State), etc., but his measurables, arm strength, character...man I'd love to see it. Can it happen?

Rotoworld says:
6. Nathan Stanley (Iowa) | 6’3/243
I’ve had a ton of exposure to Stanley, but he’s still extremely difficult to rank because he’s not yet a finished product. I could see him ending the season as high as QB3; I could also see him going undrafted in the spring.

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/evaluations/top-15-2020-nfl-draft-qb-rankings?page=1

And i don't really care what you think about rotoworld...it was the first site i pulled up.
Be better.

He's in most conversations of being one of the top QB's in the draft next year. Guys like Tu, Fromm, Herbert are all at the top, but Stanley is in that "next tier" and it's not unreasonable to think he could move up. Completion percentage needs to improve, less brainfarts (see Penn State), etc., but his measurables, arm strength, character...man I'd love to see it. Can it happen?

Rotoworld says:
6. Nathan Stanley (Iowa) | 6’3/243
I’ve had a ton of exposure to Stanley, but he’s still extremely difficult to rank because he’s not yet a finished product. I could see him ending the season as high as QB3; I could also see him going undrafted in the spring.

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/evaluations/top-15-2020-nfl-draft-qb-rankings?page=1

And i don't really care what you think about rotoworld...it was the first site i pulled up.
He needs to be smarter, stronger, more accurate, and be a better leader. In all seriousness, his completion rate is way too low to be considered at all in the early rounds. He has this year to erase that negative because he does not have two 1st rnd safety valves to help that %.

Reactions: littlez
He needs to improve on delivering the ball on time & with greater accuracy. Also he needs to develop more confidence & moxie while playing, especially during crunch time. It’s all about attitude & consistency with KF. I’d bet Nate is doing everything he can to improve in these areas, so good luck to him and the team. Live the dream & create the magic...can’t wait for the season! Go Hawks!! The draft will take care of itself. Let’s have some fun this year.

Reactions: Inthecircle
Draft position has very little to do with the win-loss record or some sort of achievement made by his team like winning a division title. Obviously the TD:INT makes him very attractive, but the completion percentage is still a red flag to any team considering drafting him because most teams aren't as stupid as the Buffalo Bills.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT