ADVERTISEMENT

What Hawks would be on your Olympic flag team?

shrinkhawk

Team MVP
Nov 20, 2009
5v5 flag football coming to Olympics 2028...12man team.

Assemble a 12 man team consisting only of past/present Hawkeyes (hypothetically playing in their collegiate prime) that you believe would beat any other All-Hawkeye flag team.

flag football, bob sanders is out because he'd get DQ'd for breaking someone in half
I'd go with Sanders and anyone else who would tackle or bring a bomb to blow the whole event up.

Having a hard time thinking of anything more vomit inducing than the thought of Olympic flag football.

What an absolute effing joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm seriously pissed off right now. Complete bullshit

Im thinking tavian banks, brad banks, coop, n tim dwight wld be on it..maybe josey jewell, mcnutt, jack campbell. I know im forgetting people.

Definitely a diff skill set than tackle. Apparently nfl players will be eligible for olympics.

Tim Dwight
Tavian Banks
Brad Banks
Cooper DeJean
Desmond King
Smith-Marsette
Noah Fant
Akrum Wadley
Nick Niemann
Xavier Nwankpa
Tyler Linderbaum

Agility >> Strength
Two way players more valuable
TE's can play OL/DL probably

Dwight would be my first pick as he's a 2 way, quick twitch player built low to the ground which is great for flag play.

I'd go with Sanders and anyone else who would tackle or bring a bomb to blow the whole event up.

Having a hard time thinking of anything more vomit inducing than the thought of Olympic flag football.

What an absolute effing joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm seriously pissed off right now. Complete bullshit
I am with you for the the movement to add a whole lot of sports and the removal of longtime Olympic sports. What sport, if any, was dumped to make room for flag football?

I love to golf but Olympics Golf, give me a break especially alongside the fact that some Olympics wrestling was cancelled. I cannot think of too many sports that go back to the very essence of competition than wrestling going back thousands of years.

Reactions: eyesofhawk
Drew Tate
Tim Dwight
Cooper DeJean
Desmond King
TJ Hockenson
Dallas Clark
Albert Young
Akrum Wadley
Tavian Banks
Chad Greenway
Andy Brodell
Damian Sims
Sean Considine

I'm not sure how this flag football works... is it 11 on 11? 7 on 7? Do you have inline blockers? etc

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
Drew Tate
Tim Dwight
Cooper DeJean
Desmond King
TJ Hockenson
Dallas Clark
Albert Young
Akrum Wadley
Tavian Banks
Chad Greenway
Andy Brodell
Damian Sims
Sean Considine

I'm not sure how this flag football works... is it 11 on 11? 7 on 7? Do you have inline blockers? etc

Fred Russell
Jermelle

Reactions: KFsdisciple
It would be a completely different game than what we're used to. I think Pella has the right idea, you want two-way players and agility/change of pace is the supreme attribute to have. There will be space between players, but a smaller field overall, so big bruisers and top end speed are less impactful than shiftiness.

Then there's the problem of era, since we're mentioning all-timers. Kinnick is the quintessential two-way player but do we really think he could hold up against the modern athletic regimen? Dwight and DeJean are the obvious top starters. Wadley's got a combo of toughness and scat that would be tough to beat.

Interesting thought exercise.

I'm surprised nobody has Tyler Sash on their squad. He had the ability to play both ways as a running back or receiver. Clearly, he was a ball-hawk on defense.

All great suggestions!

Just make sure no one from the US U20 team is selected. 😤

Nothing against any of the guys on that squad, but I don't think I've seen any of their names in recruiting chatter. To be fair, it could just be that I only pay attention to who Iowa has offered though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT