ADVERTISEMENT

What is Herschel Walker talking about?

Any early polls on how he is doing?
The new survey from OnMessage Inc., a Republican political consulting firm, shows 61 percent of self-described moderate Republican voters are backing Walker, compared to 81 percent of conservatives. Among all GOP primary voters, 74 percent said they would vote for Walker, compared to 6 percent for his closest rival, Gary Black, and 16 percent who remain undecided.

Results from the poll, conducted Oct. 11-14, shows the primary electorate had coalesced around Walker before Senate GOP leaders changed course and publicly offered their support last week — endorsements that also followed news of Walker’s $3.7 million third-quarter fundraising haul.

The survey, commissioned by pro-Walker super PAC 34N22, is based on responses from 400 likely Republican primary voters and has a margin of error of 4.9 percent.

• Wow
Reactions: cigaretteman
The new survey from OnMessage Inc., a Republican political consulting firm, shows 61 percent of self-described moderate Republican voters are backing Walker, compared to 81 percent of conservatives. Among all GOP primary voters, 74 percent said they would vote for Walker, compared to 6 percent for his closest rival, Gary Black, and 16 percent who remain undecided.

Results from the poll, conducted Oct. 11-14, shows the primary electorate had coalesced around Walker before Senate GOP leaders changed course and publicly offered their support last week — endorsements that also followed news of Walker’s $3.7 million third-quarter fundraising haul.

The survey, commissioned by pro-Walker super PAC 34N22, is based on responses from 400 likely Republican primary voters and has a margin of error of 4.9 percent.

So basically it's his based on name recognition alone

I am curious how he justifies his opposition against BBB by pivoting to military funding? This angle makes zero sense.
What I get from it is he thinks we shouldn't improve anything until we protect the border, take care of the military and the police, and become energy independent. The border has been a problem for decades so if we wait for that problem to be solved nothing will ever be improved. The military gets plenty of funding. Defund the police is a bad slogan, but improving training is already part of that. Finally if anything will help with energy independence BBB is a start by providing incentives for green energy.

That's a decent take 1. What was the final one they published?
Imo, it is not decent at all. It's actually Walker being forced to punt. It's a canned series of lines to avoid any actual solutions. He has problems with BBB. Great. So what are his ideas to fix them?

Really, his statement is not that different from what any other Republican would say. They complain about Democratic bills, but offer no solutions of their own to fix their complaints.

It wasn't a rant for sure. He wants the border safely monitored and protected. he wants to make sure the military is fully prepared for any conflicts, he thinks the crime is getting out of hand in the city streets and needs addressed and he thinks the constitution is important. Really simple and don't think it is party vs party statements. Seems like something that anyone who lives in the US would support.

Really, his statement is not that different from what any other Republican would say. They complain about Democratic bills, but offer no solutions of their own to fix their complaints.

That's the bar he needs to clear. Sound like a Republican. He's already got the name.

Reactions: Huey Grey
What I get from it is he thinks we shouldn't improve anything until we protect the border, take care of the military and the police, and become energy independent. The border has been a problem for decades so if we wait for that problem to be solved nothing will ever be improved. The military gets plenty of funding. Defund the police is a bad slogan, but improving training is already part of that. Finally if anything will help with energy independence BBB is a start by providing incentives for green energy.
Military and police funding are at record highs. That's why I can't understand his point there.

And what does he mean by energy independence? Solar? Wind? Nuclear? Oil? He doesn't say.

Reactions: fredjr82
He has points. But they are unrelated to human infrastructure. In that light he deserves to be picked apart for it.
I took it as he is pointing out the real problems in the country and the BBB should be secondary until these other issues get addressed. His opinion. Pretty straight forward with what he is thinking.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
I took it as he is pointing out the real problems in the country and the BBB should be secondary until these other issues get addressed. His opinion. Pretty straight forward with what he is thinking.
Military, police, and border funding are all at record highs. This is why I don't understand what his complaint it here? Can you walk me through this?

Isn’t that the case in many elections?
He's famous based on carrying a football. Slightly different than military, business, or law experience. It reminds me of voting for OJ Simpson pre murder OJ.
Hey Nordberg go long OJ.

Military, police, and border funding are all at record highs. This is why I don't understand what his complaint it here? Can you walk me through this?
I think he has a pretty good point that those items are all issues. Nobody can look at those topics and say they don't need additional focus and attention. Funding doesn't solve problems. Never has. Good use of funding solves problems.

He's famous based on carrying a football. Slightly different than military, business, or law experience. It reminds me of voting for OJ Simpson pre murder OJ.
Hey Nordberg go long OJ.

Or former wrestlers (Jessie Ventura as an example). Comedians like the guy in Minnesota that was shamed out of office. There’s more than I think you’re aware of. I’ll be back, Arnold

Reactions: Hammer93
I understood everything he said. But... I'm from the same part of the country as HW. The elocution is not universal, but, I didn't have any problem understanding him. It's just right-wing BS. Blah-blah-Constitution is there-blah-blah.

I think he has a pretty good point that those items are all issues. Nobody can look at those topics and say they don't need additional focus and attention. Funding doesn't solve problems. Never has. Good use of funding solves problems.
Yes, these are issues. So what are his solutions? He doesn't say.

I understood everything he said. But... I'm from the same part of the country as HW. The elocution is not universal, but, I didn't have any problem understanding him. It's just right-wing BS. Blah-blah-Constitution is there-blah-blah.
Yup the full video made it pretty clear. Equality is already in the constitution. Solid Republican message, it actually makes sense to stumble over because you'd say something like it so often you might tune yourself out while you're talking.

Walker has name recognition and he is Black. That is all the GOP wants in a candidate to face Warnock.

I suspect he'll never debate Warnock because Walker has really, really poor communication skills. Listening to him speak is cringe worthy.

The contest will be close. I think Walker will be the favorite and I also think Tracy Abrams running for Governor could help Raphael.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT