ADVERTISEMENT

What is it like to sit and diagnose plays with Brian Ferentz for three hours?

Scott says you can tell he really does know football better than most human beings.

I often wonder if he sometimes gets paralysis by analysis --- a fancy way of saying he may "outthink" himself sometimes.
I have no doubt he's a great coach.

Hopefully we see it the rest of the season.

• Haha
Reactions: Iron Doc and F5n5
Scott says you can tell he really does know football better than most human beings.

I often wonder if he sometimes gets paralysis by analysis --- a fancy way of saying he may "outthink" himself sometimes.
You can be really smart about something but still not possess the characteristics to be really good at performing in it. People tend to forget that it's not how smart you are, but how smart you are relative to the people you're competing against and how well you're able to respond to what they're doing. That's what makes Phil so great at what he does. He's terrific at making adjustments on the fly. Brian I'm not so sure about.
BF is unlike a lot of us fans, including me; if it was up to us, it would be pretty simple. If I was OC, I'd just call for the "touchdown play" every play. That's what I'd call it, run the GD "touchdown play"!!!!

Reactions: F5n5
The Athletic's Scott Dochterman shares that story - and more - in this week's 12 Saturdays podcast. Since Scott and I go way back to our Muscatine Journal days, we also have a deep and engaging conversation about the current state of local journalism in America and why everyone should be alarmed at its demise.

We think you'll enjoy this one, so please consider giving it a listen - or better yet - subscribe! :)

Spotify: Spotify Podcast 12 Saturdays 2.0

Amazon: Amazon Podcast 12 Saturdays 2.0

Apple: Apple Podcast 12 Saturdays 2.0

iHeart: iHeart Podcast 12 Saturdays 2.0

Is this the same Scott Dochterman that thinks Syracuse is in the Big Ten? Quite the sports knowledge in that lad, that’s for sure.

It is true that Brian would run circles around GIA posters with superior football knowledge and expertise.

Also, it is self-evident that most college OCs would school Brian with superior innovation and play calling.
That second part is what hurts the brains of certain positive pumpers.

"Just accept what Brian does....."

Even though it's factually proven that there is all the things better out there?

"Yes."

ryan reynolds hd GIF

And then we get nothing.......

Reactions: 83Hawk
BFz may know football inside and out. Knowing how to coach players to execute it....is a different skill set.
Exactly. Lot of people who know a lot but reason why they aren’t on the sideline coaching. Media and tv filled with former coaches who know the game better than anyone but come Saturday and Sunday they couldn’t translate their knowledge onto the field for success.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15

dfx-dfxfinace.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT