ADVERTISEMENT

What is it with GOPs lying about military service? Another stolen valor GOP candidate

Did you read the article? He was a sailor awarded a combat ribbon, claiming battle scars and not receiving a Purple Heart.

That's phony bullshit. He did use the phrases "blown up" and "shot at". It's not unusual for veterans to exaggerate their experiences, particularly if they have an agenda.
Yes I did, and no where in it did he claim to have a purple heart.

You do realize there is a guy who talks about being "blown up" all the ****ing time on here "fighting Bush's war" and not once have any of you butt****s called him out foe not having a purple heart right?

This is pants pissing political fodder.

You do realize there is a guy who talks about being "blown up" all the ****ing time on here "fighting Bush's war" and not once have any of you butt****s called him out foe not having a purple heart right?

Could you just put the darn name out there? And has the person in question specifically commented on a Purple Heart?

The service didn't comment and he has a bronze star.

To say this is "stolen valor" is stupid.

Sounds like he's embellishing his time in the service though.

The other issue is the line of attack is just stupid. When I was in Afganistan . . . Tim Kaine was in the senate. . . Umm Ok ... Tim Kaine was 54 years old when he was first elected to the senate. Don't think the military wants 54 year old recruits.

Reactions: lucas80

He would have received a Purple Heart if he were wounded in combat. It's not that he claimed it. Like the article said, unless if he were sitting in a air-conditioned office and received a paper cut, he would have (did you miss the part 4 generals contributed).

Jesus whiskey, your judgement on arguments you decide to pursue sucks.

Reactions: McLovin32
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT