ADVERTISEMENT

What is wokeism?

She can’t define it because she has no idea what she’s talking about. Her knowledge of a topic begins and ends with parroted phrases she has been fed.
Final confirmation of that was when she made the joke about the Paul Pelosi attack. Just repeated back what she saw at Instapundit or somewhere without even thinking about whether it was appropriate. Same with the Fetterman stuff.

And she goes after people here for being "bots" (moi included).

Reactions: artradley
I think the first time I heard that term was on ESPN when Jemele Hill was complaining about someone or other.

Someone who says…”I identify as a……” or “As a…” and proceeds to tell their gender identity, race ect…

Never actually met one of those people but it seems like every other person who’s interviewed on NPR says it

Final confirmation of that was when she made the joke about the Paul Pelosi attack. Just repeated back what she saw at Instapundit or somewhere without even thinking about whether it was appropriate. Same with the Fetterman stuff.

And she goes after people here for being "bots" (moi included).
I didn't intend for this thread to be an attack on @goldmom even though I disagree with most of her ideas. I seriously want to hear what people view as being woke. Republicans are running on being anti woke, what is it to you?

Iowa's own governor's commercial claimed Iowans get up early, but we're not woke. What does that mean and why is it a good thing?

Someone who says…”I identify as a……” or “As a…” and proceeds to tell their gender identity, race ect…

Never actually met one of those people but it seems like every other person who’s interviewed on NPR says it
And trying to force others to use the pronouns they want and lash out if you don’t. Even though you may not know the person. And then they attempt to cancel you.

She can’t define it because she has no idea what she’s talking about. Her knowledge of a topic begins and ends with parroted phrases she has been fed.
Parroted? Not at all a stock word from your side is it?
Representative of deep knowledge of a topic, no doubt.

Reactions: Speedway1

I haven’t either but my daughter has two co-workers who “identify as” and she says they’re actually two of her favorites at work.
At the end of the day they’re just people. 😉

It is an appropriated phrase that was transformed into a one-word adjective, then an ism. The new word (ism) is used by some to demean, belittle or disprove of things they do not condone, agree with, understand or want their neighbors to find out they are involved.

BLM making people aware of the phrase after the Brown shooting has allowed some people to evolve the word into an ism that is used as an umbrella that covers all the people they hate.

Last edited:
I didn't intend for this thread to be an attack on @goldmom even though I disagree with most of her ideas. I seriously want to hear what people view as being woke. Republicans are running on being anti woke, what is it to you?

Iowa's own governor's commercial claimed Iowans get up early, but we're not woke. What does that mean and why is it a good thing?
It means our governor is sleep walking and has no idea what she is doing.

Reactions: gohawks50
And trying to force others to use the pronouns they want and lash out if you don’t. Even though you may not know the person. And then they attempt to cancel you.
Has this ever happened to you? I live in super duper libturd Johnson County and I've never ever run into any situation where this even came up. This is just like small town Iowa people obsessing about CRT, the border, crime in Chicago--getting all worked up and pissed off about stuff that actually has zippo relevance to their actual real lives.

Has this ever happened to you? I live in super duper libturd Johnson County and I've never ever run into any situation where this even came up. This is just like small town Iowa people obsessing about CRT, the border, crime in Chicago--getting all worked up and pissed off about stuff that actually has zippo relevance to their actual real lives.
No fentanyl in small town Iowa?

On the subject of mathematics, do you believe “White supremacy manifests itself in the focus on finding the right answer”?

Or is that some woke bullshit?

I'm honestly curious here.

Why does that bother you? Like if I was having a conversation IRL and someone said "I identify as a xxx", I'd just say something like "ok thanks for letting me know" and move on with the conversation and the day. It wouldn't bother me.

No fentanyl in small town Iowa?
I try to stay up-to-date on MAGA bullshit but is this one of those that's in my blind spot? Is your point that if Trump was still President and the Republicans had control of the Congress there would be any less fentanyl in small town Iowa than there is now?

Reactions: gohawks50
I try to stay up-to-date on MAGA bullshit but is this one of those that's in my blind spot? Is your point that if Trump was still President and the Republicans had control of the Congress there would be any less fentanyl in small town Iowa than there is now?
Voted all Democrats for two cycles now. Go ask MAGA questions somewhere else.

I'm honestly curious here.

Why does that bother you? Like if I was having a conversation IRL and someone said "I identify as a xxx", I'd just say something like "ok thanks for letting me know" and move on with the conversation and the day. It wouldn't bother me.
To what degree is it socially acceptable to refuse to participate in someone else’s delusion.

e.g. Can HR punish you for failing to participate in someone else’s delusion?

giphy.gif

Reactions: FranCantCoach
For me being woke means you recognize the inherent biases against certain groups of people based on their race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, etc. and acknowledging that as a society we need to be better than that.
That's how I define it as well which is why I don't understand how others view being woke as a bad thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT