ADVERTISEMENT

What is wokeism?

To what degree is it socially acceptable to refuse to participate in someone else’s delusion.

e.g. Can HR punish you for failing to participate in someone else’s delusion?

giphy.gif
WTF are you talking about? Are you drunk or high?

If I invent a pronoun, can you be compelled to use it?
If you want to be thought of as a robot and I work with you, I will add robot to the email because it doesn’t hurt me or anyone else and it’s a lot easier to just treat people as they want to be treated then to make a political or moral statement at work.

That has nothing to do with my post at all.

You are the king of bringing up topics that have nothing to do with my posts.
Like if I was having a conversation IRL and someone said "I identify as a xxx", I'd just say something like "ok thanks for letting me know" and move on with the conversation and the day. It wouldn't bother me.

New guy at work says, “I identify as a xxx”.

In an email at work you refer to this guy using the pronoun “his”. He complains to HR.
Can you speak English in your emails, or do you have to refer to “xxx office” in the future instead of writing “his office” to avoid reprimand?
Do you have to participate in his delusion?

Like if I was having a conversation IRL and someone said "I identify as a xxx", I'd just say something like "ok thanks for letting me know" and move on with the conversation and the day. It wouldn't bother me.

In an email at work you refer to this guy using the pronoun “his”. He complains to HR.
Can you speak English in your emails, or do you have to refer to “xxx office” in the future instead of writing “his office” to avoid reprimand?
Why would you be such a little bitch about it? Do you identify as a little bitch? It’s work, just acknowledge them how they want and get your work done.

Sounds like an issue of dire importance. No wonder it’s at the top of the GOPs list.

I'm honestly curious here.

Why does that bother you? Like if I was having a conversation IRL and someone said "I identify as a xxx", I'd just say something like "ok thanks for letting me know" and move on with the conversation and the day. It wouldn't bother me.
Never said it bothered me.

The question in the OP asked what we considered woke.

I find it strange and weird…but to each they own.

For me being woke means you recognize the inherent biases against certain groups of people based on their race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, etc. and acknowledging that as a society we need to be better than that.
That's how I define it as well which is why I don't understand how others view being woke as a bad thing.
I agree with the definition and that its generally a good thing.

And I don't care about the pronoun crap.

But it bothers me when Dolph gets suspended for complimenting a player, or when Greg McDermott gets in trouble for using the word "plantation". Radio hosts getting fired for pretty harmless references.

When wokeism is used as a shield to defend people or groups, it's a good thing. When it used as a sword to attack others, then not so much.

I think workism for politics is someone on the far left trying to cancel someone for something stupid they said 40 years ago, going after comedians like Dave Chapelle limiting his free speech, or when a group just calls someone a bigot for not agreeing with certain trans issues with kids.

This isn’t just a Republican issue, it is a Democrat issue as well. Just ask democrats like Bill Maher or a lot of Dems on here about it.

Reactions: globalhawk
I think if you're woke it means that a human being has value and deserves dignity even if they live their life in a way that is different or even confusing. It also means that you don't get irrationally mad if you're asked to participate in any D.E I. stuff at work.

Anyway what does woke mean to you? Gay rights, trans rights, BLM, choice, pronouns, etc.?

All the above could apply, if they're continually being thrown in my face,.. It's not the topic, it's the attitude.

Anything that challenges the whitewashed versions of history that white people tell to make themselves feel better about what their ancestors did.

E.g. Christopher Columbus and 'Columbus Day'. We're supposed to revere him as a Saint and beacon of Western heroism/exploration. When the people in his own time arrested and jailed him, stripped him of his governorship for the atrocities he perpetuated on the native Americans. We can't let schoolkids know that he can be both someone who explored/"discovered" America AND was a flawed/bad person at the same time.

My pronoun is "God."

Forget it and I will smite you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT