ADVERTISEMENT

What is your fav alcoholic drink in the am?

fallhawk

Scout Team
Nov 3, 2009
i prefer two dark beers, typical a nice bock. Three makes me sleepy, low energy the rest of the day.

Any other good options?

My buddies and I go to watch Premier League futbol matches at the pub on Saturday and/or Sunday mornings.

Typically I start off with a cider of some sort. Occasionally I'll go w/a stout or porter, cut w/some cold brew coffee, to lower the octane a bit.

How much I drink after that depends on how crappy or not Arsenal is playing. This year, I've been drinking a lot.

Because alcohol impairs judgement and motor skills. Most people need a clear mind to be productive during part of the day so alcohol consumption is typically reserved for times of rest, relaxation, and social events. Of course we all live our own life. Cheers mate.

Reactions: SoProudNole
The body was never intended to metabolize alcohol.

A treatment for methanol intoxication is the administration of ethanol.

The human body is capable of metabolizing ethanol in limited quantities.

On the other hand, I've retrieved numerous blood samples for the medical examiner's office where the blood ethanol concentration was between 400 and 450 mg/dL. This is fatal for the inexperienced drinker. The experienced drinker will tolerate that level of ethanol in their blood.

Once early in my career I called a ethanol level of great than 500 mg/dL to the ER and the nurse replied, "oh he's gone" I though she meant dead and made a remark to her. Her reply was no "he walked out."

Reactions: JWolf74
A treatment for methanol intoxication is the administration of ethanol.

The human body is capable of metabolizing ethanol in limited quantities.

On the other hand, I've retrieved numerous blood samples for the medical examiner's office where the blood ethanol concentration was between 400 and 450 mg/dL. This is fatal for the inexperienced drinker. The experienced drinker will tolerate that level of ethanol in their blood.

Once early in my career I called a ethanol level of great than 500 mg/dL to the ER and the nurse replied, "oh he's gone" I though she meant dead and made a remark to her. Her reply was no "he walked out."
That was really a cool story, bro.

Could you explain what you mean by intended? Is this like a intelligent design perspective?
Yeah... that wasn't the best way to phrase that. Our physiology isn't conducive to alcohol.

I have a family history of extreme alcoholism on both sides. I saw my great uncles drink paint thinner and perfume, to give you an example of what I mean.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
Yeah... that wasn't the best way to phrase that. Our physiology isn't conducive to alcohol.

I have a family history of extreme alcoholism on both sides. I saw my great uncles drink paint thinner and perfume, to give you an example of what I mean.

Thanks for explaining and smart of you to avoid it.

Reactions: strummingram
Thanks for explaining and smart of you to avoid it.
My father, grandfather, and great grandfather all died young, and alcoholics. My dad had Agent Orange cancer, too.

Maternal grandfather was a tee-totaler, but his brothers and father all died from alcoholism.

Reactions: ping72
My buddies and I go to watch Premier League futbol matches at the pub on Saturday and/or Sunday mornings.

Typically I start off with a cider of some sort. Occasionally I'll go w/a stout or porter, cut w/some cold brew coffee, to lower the octane a bit.

How much I drink after that depends on how crappy or not Arsenal is playing. This year, I've been drinking a lot.
What kind of $hitty sporting event is that ?

:rolleyes:

Reactions: MontyMufsnipher
My father, grandfather, and great grandfather all died young, and alcoholics. My dad had Agent Orange cancer, too.

Maternal grandfather was a tee-totaler, but his brothers and father all died from alcoholism.
sorry to hear that.

Ive never drank in the morning in my life, the thought makes me want to puke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT