ADVERTISEMENT

What items from your college days have you kept and still use?

Colonoscopy

HR Legend
Feb 20, 2022
Saint Louis, Mo
@Moral mentioned that he still uses the George Foreman grill. That's something I used in my college days. I no longer use said item.

However, I do have a set of cheap ass corelle dishes that are still used at times. Maybe a hawkeye cup or two. Maybe a shirt?

I cannot think of anything else.

Reactions: Moral
Back in the summer of 2008 I bought a verrrrry large, red, fleece blanket from Kohl's before I moved to Iowa City. When I say large, I mean large. The thing easily covers a king sized bed. It was only $20. Now it's 2023 and I still use it on our bed because my gf (no pics) is a cover hog so I just use my own. Although I'm fairly certain she will try to bogart it one of these days for herself.

Back in the summer of 2008 I bought a verrrrry large, red, fleece blanket from Kohl's before I moved to Iowa City. When I say large, I mean large. The thing easily covers a king sized bed. It was only $20. Now it's 2023 and I still use it on our bed because my gf (no pics) is a cover hog so I just use my own. Although I'm fairly certain she will try to bogart it one of these days for herself.

We just use two queen sized comforters on the king bed. I can’t imagine sharing blankets at this point.

I got a big red duffle bag from the fine people at Marlboro. Some event they had at spring break in Padre. 27 years later, still have it and use it for trips here and there. Have my first Iowa sweatshirt I remember buying at the IMU and a couple tshirts in the closet that have managed to keep wife from throwing away but they've umm shrunk so don't wear.

Reactions: Lindemann
I still use the backpack I had used in college and elementary school. Still use a canvas duffel/luggage as my primary check in bag that I got in college.

Xbox 360 is still used occasionally.

Still have and use the floor halogen lamp I had in college.

My daughter loves wearing my old Champion "vintage" sweatshirts from college.

Reactions: Lindemann
A rice cooker. One of my roommates brought a single button, pop-up rice cooker with him when we roomed together in college back in the mid 80s. When we moved out at the end of the school year he left it and it went home with me. It works great, is easy to clean, and 40 years old. Just used it last last week. It'll be a sad day if/when it dies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT