ADVERTISEMENT

What people/ businesses/ products do you hold their politics against?

Does politics interfere with your purchasing/ entertainment? Which of these applies?

• If I found out that a singer had different stances on major issues I'd stop liking songs by them

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • If someone had different stances on major issues I'd stop buying their products (Starbucks/ Pillow)

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • If someone had different stances on major issues I wouldn't use their service (Twitter/Uber)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • If someone had different stances on major issues I'd stop using what I own of theirs (Apple/ Toyota)

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • If someone had different stances on major issues I'd stop wanting to bang them.

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • If I found a charity I liked supported other issues I didn't like, I'd stop giving to them.

Votes: 28 45.9%
  • I don't give a crap about someone's politics. If they have a good product I'll buy it.

Votes: 40 65.6%

• Total voters

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
Someone the other day mentioned they wouldn't bang AOC because of her politics. I also know people on here who won't eat a chicken sandwich from Chick Fil A because of theirs'. I knew a guy who stopped liking Elton John when he found out he was gay (not sure how he didn't know already). Catholics don't give to Susan G. Komen because of their pro-abortion stance.

Are you someone like this?

Vote for as many that are applicable.

Don't give to Susan G. Because most of the money raised doesn't go to research. My pillow guy is in a different class of crazy. Not fair to lump him in there. Same with Kayne West/Ye whatever

I'm not sure the "different stances on major issues" between Starbucks and the My Pillow loon are really equitable.

I mostly don't care where companies or entertainers stand on different things. The My Pillow guy is different. He continues to actively perpetuate repeatedly disproven election fraud conspiracy crap.

I do know that personally one musical artist I really loved started posting things about “Libs” and other MAGA points….Haven’t bought so much as another one of their songs. I had seen them in concert probably 4-5 times before that too.

As Jordan said, “republicans buy sneakers too”…

I'm not sure the "different stances on major issues" between Starbucks and the My Pillow loon are really equitable.

I mostly don't care where companies or entertainers stand on different things. The My Pillow guy is different. He continues to actively perpetuate repeatedly disproven election fraud conspiracy crap.
I guess I could have put Walmart in there. But there are people who won't go to Walmart or use Amazon because of how their workers get treated that use Apple products every day.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
I might have posted this before, but as liberal as I am I have no problem giving money to Chick Fil A. They have always had great customer service...friendly people working is an expectation.

One of my former students - taught all 3 siblings - worked for the local store. They wanted her to help open a new store in Charlotte. The car she was in, with a driver and other kids who were going there to work also, was hit head on by a drunk driver, killing 3 of the other kids in the car. She had to spend some time in the hospital.

CFA took care of all of the hospital bills, will take care of any of her future mental health requirements, are paying for her college and if she wants will go through their ownership training program. She just got back from Hawaii, working at their new store over there. I have a ton of respect for them for taking care of a kid and a family that I love. Hardcore Republican family too! ;)

I might have posted this before, but as liberal as I am I have no problem giving money to Chick Fil A. They have always had great customer service...friendly people working is an expectation.

One of my former students - taught all 3 siblings - worked for the local store. They wanted her to help open a new store in Charlotte. The car she was in, with a driver and other kids who were going there to work also, was hit head on by a drunk driver, killing 3 of the other kids in the car. She had to spend some time in the hospital.

CFA took care of all of the hospital bills, will take care of any of her future mental health requirements, are paying for her college and if she wants will go through their ownership training program. She just got back from Hawaii, working at their new store over there. I have a ton of respect for them for taking care of a kid and a family that I love. Hardcore Republican family too! ;)
I was going to use CFA as an example where I don’t care too. I find their ownership’s political and moral views awful. But man they have great service and product. Walmart is similar, because….money talks and they have good pricing.

I think things like music and art are where it’s difficult to me because the connection is more “emotional” than logical.

This is a complicated question for me. Simply having different political views doesn't affect my buying habits at all.

But -

I still like Michael Jackson's music even though he was a monster. But, I'll never set foot in a Trump Hotel or buy a My Pillow.

I have no interest in anything Bill Cosby - but maybe I just don't find that stuff entertaining anymore.

I like Chick-fil-a.

Apple/Toyota? OP is asking if suddenly they took a different stance on political issues would I stop using their products? No.

I guess someone having different political views doesn't bother me. Being a monster does bother me.

This is a complicated question for me. Simply having different political views doesn't affect my buying habits at all.

But -

I still like Michael Jackson's music even though he was a monster. But, I'll never set foot in a Trump Hotel or buy a My Pillow.

I have no interest in anything Bill Cosby - but maybe I just don't find that stuff entertaining anymore.

I like Chick-fil-a.

Apple/Toyota? OP is asking if suddenly they took a different stance on political issues would I stop using their products? No.

I guess someone having different political views doesn't bother me. Being a monster does bother me.
So, if James Woods and Jon Voight were starring in a new Quentin Tarrentino movie with a Ted Nugent Soundtrack and you really loved QT movies, would you be able to watch it or enjoy it, knowing those guys are Trumpers?

Reactions: Hawk_4shur

Plus his pillow sucks. I tried one I got for a gift and it was not comfy at all. And yes I did put it in the dryer like it says to do, it was still terrible. I won’t buy his products because I tried one and it sucked so I’m sure the rest is overpriced garbage as well.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
I was going to use CFA as an example where I don’t care too. I find their ownership’s political and moral views awful. But man they have great service and product. Walmart is similar, because….money talks and they have good pricing.

I think things like music and art are where it’s difficult to me because the connection is more “emotional” than logical.
Lots of musicians took a hit for playing in South Africa but it didn't really last long.

I don’t make it a big thing, but there are a few companies owned by people who I think are trying to profit from pitting Americans against each other, are particularly bad people, or who are sticking taxpayers with the bills for their operations: Fox, Tesla, and WMT.

But standard conservative v. liberal, don’t care. CFA fine and frozen lemonade is delicious; watch a James Woods movie, fine - Onion Field, McMartin, and True Believer are awesome; Boebert, wood.

Overall, I don't care much. There are probably some musicians whose music I enjoy listening to that I probably would not go see in concert - partly because the crowd would likely annoy me & partly because the artist would likely make comments that play to his/her crowd.
There is a little coffee/lunch place near my office that I don't go to because the chick who owns it is an off the charts conspiracy-theory whacko (she's also fairly hot - definitely "Danger Zone" on the hot/crazy matrix). My wife & most of my staff loves the place; the food is pretty good & it is very convenient, but I avoid it because I'm afraid I might catch the crazy.

I guess I could have put Walmart in there. But there are people who won't go to Walmart or use Amazon because of how their workers get treated that use Apple products every day.

As someone that works for Walmart....exactly how bad am I treated?

I have a brother that has worked at Walmart at various positions and locations since he was in college. Other than some of the people he has managed over the years he seems to like working there just fine.
I think it's all about expectations or what u deem as acceptable. Dollar stores have replaced Walmart as the bottom of the retail ladder.

Reactions: goldmom
Someone the other day mentioned they wouldn't bang AOC because of her politics. I also know people on here who won't eat a chicken sandwich from Chick Fil A because of theirs'. I knew a guy who stopped liking Elton John when he found out he was gay (not sure how he didn't know already). Catholics don't give to Susan G. Komen because of their pro-abortion stance.

Are you someone like this?

Vote for as many that are applicable.
Hobby Lobby. Which is convenient because I wouldn't go there anyway.

The charity one is the only one that MIGHT factor in, and that would ONLY be the case if the money I was donating was going to push something I didn't agree with.

For example, I donate to the local food bank but know many of the people who use it are illegal immigrants. I know many of those who run the food bank could care less whether we have secure borders, but when there are people in front of you who need food, you feed them, and you don't ask questions.

IF I was donating money to the food bank and I found out the money was going to pay Coyotes to bring more across the border...I wouldn't donate money to the food bank, but would probably still give food.

Out of those choices, charity is the only one that would affect me.
This. I don’t care what businesses do. I’m politically opposed to the positions of hobby lobby but I still get pictures framed there. I like the people who work there and they do good work.

Charitable contributions are another matter entirely. I wouldn’t donate to a cause I didn’t believe in.

So, if James Woods and Jon Voight were starring in a new Quentin Tarrentino movie with a Ted Nugent Soundtrack and you really loved QT movies, would you be able to watch it or enjoy it, knowing those guys are Trumpers?
Yeah. Simply being a Trumper wouldn't stop me, unless they were outspoken, unhinged conspiracy theorists like My Pillow. Are they?

I loathe the Starbucks owner but will still have it sometimes. Luckily for me I don't find it very good anyway so it isn't a chore to skip it.

This. I don’t care what businesses do. I’m politically opposed to the positions of hobby lobby but I still get pictures framed there. I like the people who work there and they do good work.

Charitable contributions are another matter entirely. I wouldn’t donate to a cause I didn’t believe in.
When it comes to charities, I already choose where to give, so politics aren't going to be an issue in most cases.

I loathe the Starbucks owner but will still have it sometimes. Luckily for me I don't find it very good anyway so it isn't a chore to skip it.

Isn't Starbucks a publicly traded company? Which owner do you hate?

100% truth: I have not bought a single Goya product since this picture came out.

22b9e588d3aba0620502115c540828ea

Normally I don’t make decisions based on politics, but as some have noted, it’s complicated.

I eat CFA, I have a bunch of Apple stuff, shop at Walmart, etc. However, as @Hawk_4shur said, I would never stay at a Trump property, would never buy a My Pillow, etc.

Tesla is (for now) in that same orbit for me. I think Elon Musk has shown himself to a tremendous asshole and a troll. We were actually considering a Tesla this coming year but I have no interest in contributing a single penny to support anything he’s involved in, any more than I would support Trump or Lindell.

CFA is a great company ... I just don't think their product is anything special. I'll see myself out now :)

Reactions: SeaPA
When people start actively using their stances to harm other people and make the world a worse place then I stop supporting them, especially when their businesses become an arm of that. So far the only one's who I have reached that point with directly are Trump, My Pillow, and I'm getting perilously close to completely cancelling anything Musk is associated with. I'm still waiting to see how things ultimately fall on the twitter plane, but my plan to get a Tesla for my next vehicle have long since been abandoned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT