ADVERTISEMENT

What punishment should Noah Lyles get?

Gee. Wonder if the governor’s gonna get away with this?

“Still, families who lost loved ones at North Ridge and some public health experts questioned the state's practice of allowing North Ridge to admit infected patients. Through summer and fall, North Ridge continued to accept dozens of COVID-19 patients from hospitals and other long-term care facilities, even while it was reporting a severe shortage of nursing staff and personal protective gear, federal records show. In reports made since May, North Ridge consistently told regulators that it had less than a week's supply of masks, gowns, gloves and hand sanitizer, federal records show.

Tamara Konetzka, a professor of health services research at the University of Chicago, said it is surprising that a facility as large as North Ridge did not undergo an extra layer of review before being allowed to take new patients with COVID-19. The state, she said, could have sent in "strike teams" of experts to evaluate whether North Ridge had adequate protective equipment and infection-control procedures.

"At minimum, nursing homes should be required to demonstrate they can handle an infectious outbreak before they take on new patients," she said. "We now know that many nursing homes were not prepared."

State Health Department officials said that admissions or transfers of COVID-19 patients to nursing homes are private business decisions.
They said there is no evidence that any North Ridge residents caught the virus from someone transferred there (Nor is there any evidence they DIDN’T: emphasis added) As of November, 38 of the 90 people who had died at North Ridge from COVID-19 were residents who had been transferred from other facilities, the agency said.”

It’s cute how so many magats care about Covid now. Refreshing, almost.

It’s cute how so many magats care about Covid now. Refreshing, almost.
I don’t care about ‘covid’. I never did. Just thought it was noteworthy that you libs’ latest hero was apparently VERY careless with Minnesotans whose lives were toyed with 4 years ago.

As far as ‘magats’ go, Trump should be in jail along with Fauci (and every other politician) for the covid shutdowns and the dangerous and worthless vaccines they tried shoving down our throats.

🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡

I don’t care about ‘covid’. I never did. Just thought it was noteworthy that you libs’ latest hero was apparently VERY careless with Minnesotans whose lives were toyed with 4 years ago.

As far as ‘magats’ go, Trump should be in jail along with Fauci (and every other politician) for the covid shutdowns and the dangerous and worthless vaccines they tried shoving down our throats.

🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡

You’ve made it very clear that you don’t care about Covid. Thanks for clarifying.

Also: the vaccines were shots. Not oral. So I’m not sure what was being shoved down your throat. But cool story, nonetheless.

He put 100,000 lives at risk by running with Covid in that stadium. Think of all the grandmas and grandpas in attendance.
peeing ralph wiggum GIF

Covid really crushed you. It isn't like you were ever a clever person, but you went mental over Covid. It's been 3 years since Biden led us out of the pandemic. Stop being a victim. It's tedious. Go have a cream soda...

I work in healthcare and will say this FWIW.

Covid is definitely on the rise. Not sure why, including the possibility due to the period of time since the last booster. It is alarming since we are firmly in the outdoor season.

It does kill and present long term (possible permanent) health issues for some. If you are in good health the risk of serious consequences is minimal but still there....and if you ignore imunizations or safe practices if exposed you are a total asshole to the population at higher risk.

• Haha
Reactions: waterboy4582
Number of Covid cases right now are as high as they were at times when people were forced to mask and vaccinate. Now, we are just handing it like we should have long ago.

Interesting. So it’s like we learned more about a novel virus and made adjustments? That seems like science. So you hate science?

I get it. You (and others) were experts from day 1.

Number of Covid cases right now are as high as they were at times when people were forced to mask and vaccinate. Now, we are just handing it like we should have long ago.
So, how full are the hospitals now? Also, what months back then were as high as now?

Reactions: Tom Paris

Different strain. Do I need to remind you of semis full of bodies? You are better than going down this path. 1.2+ million Americans dead. As a moderator, please don't ignore that fact. Thank you.

People were lead to believe they could actually mask or vaccinate their way through Covid. Now, heading into late 2024, everyone is still getting it everywhere. Somehow people didn’t think that was going to be our new reality.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
Lyles was wearing a mask before the last round, I saw a replay last night. I said to my wife I bet he has Covid.

Reactions: Joes Place
People were lead to believe they could actually mask or vaccinate their way through Covid. Now, heading into late 2024, everyone is still getting it everywhere. Somehow people didn’t think that was going to be our new reality.

So what you really want is an apology? Right? You’ve had this pent-up angst for 4 years?

I want an apology that trickle-down economics is complete bullshit. 45 years > 4 years.

Reactions: Kelsers

Oh, yes. It is out there and it will never go away. But the vaccines and distancing did help on the first strain that was so much attacking the immune system that had not seen it before. I'm guessing 90% of us here have had it and now our bodies have built antibodies. Again, I'm not s MD or Scientist. I'm just a verbose person that you would want in your corner.

I just don't want people to piss on the grave of 7,010,681 unofficial worldwide deaths. The number is probably 10 times that, but China will never be honest.

How hard do you guys want to try to get it under control this time.? Should we shut down schools again? Close public spaces? Mandate masks? There could be vulnerable people out there. How much will society sacrifice now?

What I do want is a comprehensive study of the Covid response. Like our country does for all critical events. And, I want our mistakes, and successes, identified so we do a better job next time. But, it hasn’t happened because nobody wants to be accountable for what they did. Which includes both political parties and the feds to the locals.

How hard do you guys want to try to get it under control this time.? Should we shut down schools again? Close public spaces? Mandate masks? There could be vulnerable people out there. How much will society sacrifice now?

What I do want a comprehensive study of the Covid response. Like our country does for all critical events. And, I want our mistakes, and successes, identified so we do a better job next time. But, it hasn’t happened because nobody wants to be accountable for what they did. Which includes both political parties and the feds to the locals.

#OldManYellsAtCloud

Different strain. Do I need to remind you of semis full of bodies? You are better than going down this path. 1.2+ million Americans dead. As a moderator, please don't ignore that fact. Thank you.
1.2 million out of 14.5 million deaths since “two weeks to stop the spread” and even you - if you’re being honest - have to admit a great number of those were deaths ‘with covid’ and not necessarily ‘of’.

What I do want is a comprehensive study of the Covid response. Like our country does for all critical events. And, I want our mistakes, and successes, identified so we do a better job next time. But, it hasn’t happened because nobody wants to be accountable for what they did. Which includes both political parties and the feds to the locals.

I agree on a study. But you can't deny that it was a national crisis right? If not....then it is non-sequitur. And if you have google that last part, this discussion is over and have a good night

1.2 million out of 14.5 million deaths since “two weeks to stop the spread” and even you - if you’re being honest - have to admit a great number of those were deaths ‘with covid’ and not necessarily ‘of’.

Let me know when your parents are old and sick, I can come and visit them with covid to finish things (Sarcasm)

Reactions: Joes Place
and people die every day. Fact. It's called nature. None of us are getting out alive, in fact tomorrow each one of us will be on day closer to death. Don't be whiny bitches.

Reactions: MichaelKeller99
No offense, but as a mod you'd better stay out of threads you can't be honest in. Covid broke you a little, too. Not as bad as Coff, but you became less and less tethered as the pandemic wore on. This, and ESA threads.

I have direct knowledge of how poorly the response was handled. More than most here. And, I understand my opinions may not always be popular on this or other topics. But, I’m not afraid to share and discuss them, when I have thoughts to share.
And, I can even do it without calling people names or insulting them.

Reactions: MichaelKeller99

One good thing that came from the covid crisis, is that a lot of people that are sick now wear masks. Also, people that are compromised wear masks whereas before they didn't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT