ADVERTISEMENT

What punishment should Noah Lyles get?

I have direct knowledge of how poorly the response was handled. More than most here. And, I understand my opinions may not always be popular on this or other topics. But, I’m not afraid to share and discuss them, when I have thoughts to share.
And, I can even do it without calling people names or insulting them.
but why can't you move on when 99.9% of people have? It's life good and bad.

Reactions: HawkMD and Kelsers
I have direct knowledge of how poorly the response was handled. More than most here. And, I understand my opinions may not always be popular on this or other topics. But, I’m not afraid to share and discuss them, when I have thoughts to share.

I don’t understand how you and I can have such similar stances on Covid but yet you’re so completely incorrect when it comes to vouchers. Blind squirrel and a nut I suppose.

Regardless, you and I can cough in the same room anytime brother.

Let me know when your parents are old and sick, I can come and visit them with covid to finish things (Sarcasm)
I appreciate the gesture but you’re a bit late. 🙂

Funny thing is we both hate Trump. I just hate him for different reasons than most people on this site.

but why can't you move on when 99.9% of people have? It's life good and bad.
By moving on, do you mean never talk about it again? Is that what you’re looking for?
Because I have moved on irl. But, if there is a thread here about Covid, which I never start, I’ll comment if I have something to say.

He put 100,000 lives at risk by running with Covid in that stadium. Think of all the grandmas and grandpas in attendance.
Don't worry... he drank some bleach before he showed up, then shone a real bright light inside himself... plus it was real hot...or cold... outside. so he's fixed. Right Donnie??

Last edited:
Reactions: HawkMD and Kelsers
By moving on, do you mean never talk about it again? Is that what you’re looking for?
Because I have moved on irl. But, if there is a thread here about Covid, which I never start, I’ll comment if I have something to say.
I mean I have plenty to say about my ex-wife, but people are tired of hearing about it. They moved on as should we. PSA.

How hard do you guys want to try to get it under control this time.? Should we shut down schools again? Close public spaces? Mandate masks? There could be vulnerable people out there. How much will society sacrifice now?

What I do want is a comprehensive study of the Covid response. Like our country does for all critical events. And, I want our mistakes, and successes, identified so we do a better job next time. But, it hasn’t happened because nobody wants to be accountable for what they did. Which includes both political parties and the feds to the locals.
I got no dog in this fight. But one suggestion I would have is all private schools need to remove anti bacterial soap, maybe share their chalice of wine, hold hands and sit as close together as possible. ;)

I kind of kid but whenever I see your name all I can think about is 'oh there is one of the Regina people that support vouchers.

And now that I’ve seen the finals, Lyles collapsed after the race and left by wheelchair getting medical attention. And was in a mask during his interview.

Reactions: stickman80
And now that I’ve seen the finals, Lyles collapsed after the race and left by wheelchair getting medical attention. And was in a mask during his interview.
It did seem to hit him hard, and suddenly, right after he’d lost.
He came out of that tunnel on fire.

Normally I’m very skeptical of “loser” drama. That said, he seemed like he couldn’t catch his breath after it was done. Much further on than he should have. Combine that with the fact he’s asthmatic and - according to his insta - he’s not going to run in planned future events (e.g. the 4x100M) and it may be legit.

Reactions: Joes Place
So, how full are the hospitals now? Also, what months back then were as high as now?
Most hospitals are continually at or above capacity for a number of reasons even without a spike in covid.

Lot of health care issues were ignored or delayed during 20-21. Those problems didn't go away and too often made worse or complicated by waiting.

All of us (our entire society) is getting older. How many new hospitals have been built? If anything, smaller hospitals have closed or converted beds for skilled care for the aged (nursing home) in order to financially survive.

Staffing. Often hospitals have unstaffed beds no different than restaurants have empty tables. The govt provided funding in 20-22 made possible the large covid bonuses and exorbitant travel wages which enticed more staff to stay or work extra shifts. The govt teat dried up which has had a direct impact on tbe number of staffed beds available.

Dont believe me? Go to an ER and find out how many people they have holding for a hospital room.

Most hospitals are continually at or above capacity for a number of reasons even without a spike in covid.

Lot of health care issues were ignored or delayed during 20-21. Those problems didn't go away and too often made worse or complicated by waiting.

All of us (our entire society) is getting older. How many new hospitals have been built? If anything, smaller hospitals have closed or converted beds for skilled care for the aged (nursing home) in order to financially survive.

Staffing. Often hospitals have unstaffed beds no different than restaurants have empty tables. The govt provided funding in 20-22 made possible the large covid bonuses and exorbitant travel wages which enticed more staff to stay or work extra shifts. The govt teat dried up which has had a direct impact on tbe number of staffed beds available.

Dont believe me? Go to an ER and find out how many people they have holding for a hospital room.

Truth.

Reactions: Kelsers and HawkMD

Direct knowledge. Care to share? I've been open and honest about Iraq. Do you choose to do the same. I'm really not trying to start a fight/debate. I'm empathy mascot for HBOT. But I have to be able to call a spade a spade.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT