ADVERTISEMENT

what should it cost?

iirc, it was the built-in type that pop-up from the floor.

In-floor pool cleaning systems are made up of pop-up cleaners that literally pop up out from the floor of the pool, clean the water, and retreat to the floor when they are done. They are added to the pool during its construction.

In the end we said screw it, we were looking at 120K and we're walking distance from a beautiful neighborhood pool. I've watched my neighbor constantly blowing off her deck and cleaning her pool and I think they've used it maybe 4 times during the year+ they've owned it.

66246108_b4QtaI_hc5bAOfwDzhhPF17GsuqijNajwENJ0M-RDPA.jpg
If that was my neighborhood pool and not a shot of a local aquatic center taken at 7 in the morning before the crowds set in, looks like a solid choice.

If that was my neighborhood pool and not a shot of a local aquatic center taken at 7 in the morning before the crowds set in, looks like a solid choice.
That is our actual pool and it's rarely crowded; especially since so many people went nuts during the pandemic and put in their own pool. How boring for everyone to just swim alone in their backyard. My son actually enjoys going to the pool and meeting other kids.

That is our actual pool and it's rarely crowded; especially since so many people went nuts during the pandemic and put in their own pool. How boring for everyone to just swim alone in their backyard. My son actually enjoys going to the pool and meeting other kids.
I wouldn't call it boring. Your preferred tunes cranked up + bbq/smoker going + friends over sipping on something cold + firing up the pool lights at night with the fire pit going = amazing

Reactions: Stoopsbrother
I wouldn't call it boring. Your preferred tunes cranked up + bbq/smoker going + friends over sipping on something cold + firing up the pool lights at night with the fire pit going = amazing
Oh, I'd definitely prefer it. I just meant for my kiddo. He really enjoys going to our neighborhood pool hanging with other kiddos. I'd prefer to relax quietly pool side with some tunes and peace. ;) ...just not $100K+ prefer it is all.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Been getting quotes for a inground swimming pool install & found myself shocked with the costs
swimming pool GIF

what would you imagine a complete install with concrete decking all around should cost? low quote of 40k high of 80,000 those numbers cant be right?

I had my pool resurfaced last year and just that was $19k. I would guess in the $60-$100k range for a new pool install so it doesn't sound that far off.

Pre-COVID, we knew people who got pools for $35-$50K. Now the quotes in St Augustine/Ponte Vedra are averaging $100K and you have to get on a waiting list.

Reactions: Stoopsbrother
Pre-COVID, we knew people who got pools for $35-$50K. Now the quotes in St Augustine/Ponte Vedra are averaging $100K and you have to get on a waiting list.
that is kind of what i was expecting 35-65 range all in! this 100k is nonsense

iirc, it was the built-in type that pop-up from the floor.

In-floor pool cleaning systems are made up of pop-up cleaners that literally pop up out from the floor of the pool, clean the water, and retreat to the floor when they are done. They are added to the pool during its construction.

In the end we said screw it, we were looking at 120K and we're walking distance from a beautiful neighborhood pool. I've watched my neighbor constantly blowing off her deck and cleaning her pool and I think they've used it maybe 4 times during the year+ they've owned it.

66246108_b4QtaI_hc5bAOfwDzhhPF17GsuqijNajwENJ0M-RDPA.jpg
th

Reactions: Tenacious E
I was talking to a fellow dad on my daughter’s softball team and he mentioned 100k as a starting point for in ground in Minnesota right now. I had no idea it was that high. Also most places are already booked out for this year, so you’re talking 2024 at the earliest.

Also mentioned that there was a “businessman” going door to door in a part of the Twin Cities during the pandemic promising that he could build an in ground pool in the next three months. Signed contracts, took their 20% deposit, then vanished. The number he said was close to $2MM the guy had pulled in before he took off.
Fools and their money, FFS. Never pay a contractor up front for anything.

Link to lake house for sale in Iowa for $100K?
male-and-female-friends-talking-outside-cottage-in-royalty-free-image-1586210756.jpg

🤣

Seriously though, I can't imagine spending that kind of cheddar on a home pool when for a nominal fee I can go to a number of local aquatic centers during the summer season and avail myself of all the local MILF talent and the kids and grandkids have tons of fun on the slides, wave pools, swings etc. that don't come with a standard home pool. It's all about the amenities for kids these days and a standard in-ground pool will quickly be labeled as "boring" by those young whippersnappers.

male-and-female-friends-talking-outside-cottage-in-royalty-free-image-1586210756.jpg

🤣

Seriously though, I can't imagine spending that kind of cheddar on a home pool when for a nominal fee I can go to a number of local aquatic centers during the summer season and avail myself of all the local MILF talent and the kids and grandkids have tons of fun on the slides, wave pools, swings etc. that don't come with a standard home pool. It's all about the amenities for kids these days and a standard in-ground pool will quickly be labeled as "boring" by those young whippersnappers.
Good thing the pool just wasn’t for the kids! We use it more than they do. But, we waited a long time to do it. Worth it to me but I get others wouldn’t find it so.

Two friends getting pools in this summer, both over $100k with landscaping.

IMO, won't be long before this recent pool fas is behind us and pools become reasons to not buy a house again.

Interesting how pools have gone from 20 years ago being something that could hurt your resale to something that certainly helps in most markets.
Yeah, with the exception of Florida and California, it was at best a wash... during and since Covid, they are very popular in Atlanta and add a premium to a house sale.

Two friends getting pools in this summer, both over $100k with landscaping.

IMO, won't be long before this recent pool fas is behind us and pools become reasons to not buy a house again.
Why? Maintenance is only a tiny fraction of the upfront cost, and most owners know they will only get a small portion back with a home sale. If a house sells for $50k more after someone puts $150k of pool work and landscaping in, that is a windfall to the next buyer.

I was shocked by the quotes I got last year so I just went the cinder block and Flex Seal route.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT