ADVERTISEMENT

What the hell is Bibi doing in Israel

Mass protests in the streets tonight. Bonfires being lit. Cops scuffling with protestors near Bibi’s residence. I guess we are going to find out how narcissistic Bibi is.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Bibi stepped back from the brink for now. I don’t know if he’s having second thoughts, or seeking a less provocative path to his goal. This really seems to signal some deep changes in Israeli society. The ultra orthodox and the hardliners want this power for a reason

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Bibi stepped back from the brink for now. I don’t know if he’s having second thoughts, or seeking a less provocative path to his goal. This really seems to signal some deep changes in Israeli society. The ultra orthodox and the hardliners want this power for a reason

Like in this country, the ultra religious, extreme right wing, is becoming a smaller percentage of the population by the day. If democracy prevails they won’t have much influence.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Like in this country, the ultra religious, extreme right wing, is becoming a smaller percentage of the population by the day. If democracy prevails they won’t have much influence.
I’m not sure about this. I heard something today about one of the biggest sources of recent immigration to Israel has been Jews from Russia, who are more conservative. You’ve got a lot of anger building against the ultra orthodox who make up slightly more than 10 percent of the population, and do not serve in the military and are supported by everyone else.

Israel at best has a quasi-constitution to codify their judiciary. For 70+ years, the ruling party (who is duly elected) has power. This has not been a secret. When people vote, they know that the majorities in the Knesset have some control over the judiciary. The recent will of the people should stand for something. Most people there know this and do not want rule by chaos either. Temper tantrums in the street will not solve this. They are also subject to foreign influence and propaganda. These protests will ramp up as time goes on but it is not a new phenomenon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT