ADVERTISEMENT

What's the farthest you have traveled to see a concert?

ericram

HB Heisman
Nov 5, 2002
Tallahassee, FL
While on our European vacation to London, Nice and France from Florida, I got a notification that Sting was playing in Cardiff at a freaking castle. So on a whim we decided to board a train 2.5 hours west to Cardiff to see him. He was awesome. The venue was amazing.

Up until then the farthest we had traveled was from Florida to Red Rocks to see Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats.

What's the farthest you have ever traveled to see a concert?

I am not sure this counts, but once when we were (already) in Cologne, we went to the "Queen" musical, "We Will Rock You." We still have the coffee mugs and the refrigerator magnets.

It was essentially a rock concert with some loosely connected dialog in between songs that attempted to turn it into a story. This is from the mostly German language soundtrack:

:

Reactions: ericram
I am not sure this counts, but once when we were (already) in Cologne, we went to the "Queen" musical, "We Will Rock You." We still have the coffee mugs and the refrigerator magnets.

It was essentially a rock concert with some loosely connected dialog in between songs that attempted to turn it into a story. This is from the mostly German language soundtrack:

:
Ha not necessarily a concert but I'll allow it.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
Sting played at the amphitheater in downtown Nashville one block from my office earlier this year (I didn't go), and you rode a train 2.5 hours. That's crazy.

We saw Billy Joel in MSG (travelled from Nashville) in 2019.

I was in Moscow one summer and caught the Bolshoi Ballet.

Wife and I travel to San Antonio from Indian during the summer to watch the DCI show when my kid is in a corps.

Last edited:
Furthest specifically to see a concert, a couple of hours. I've gone to a few shows in Vegas, but the trip wasn't designed around going to the show - just happened that a performer I liked was playing while I was there "helping the economy"

I drove from Des Moines to Chicago to see Rush at the United Center, then drove back to catch a 6:10 flight the next morning in Des Moines.

In HS I went to either Minneapolis or Chicago a LOT to catch bands at places like 1st Avenue or Cabaret Metro, but always spent the weekend.

About 10 hours, but we always make a 3 day weekend out of it if the drive is over 5.

Nice subtle brad thread
brad-pitt-sonsuza-kadar-kalbimizi-calmaya-devam-edecek-89044-2082019115636.jpg

Drove 2 hours from IC to Ames to see Billy Joel in 1990, but it took 2 days to get back due to a snowstorm. We stayed overnight in Ames, and I ditched the car the next day around Colfax, so another overnight stay in Newton.

Oh, and FTR, I'm driving to Milwaukee next weekend to see Green Day, Foo Fighters, The Cult (they're replacing Social Distortion because of Mike Ness' cancer treatments) and Joan Jett at the Harley 120th Birthday thing.

Used to make an annual trip to Ozzfest in Kansas City. About 4.5 hours. Great times over the years seeing Rob Zombie, Godsmack, Marilyn Manson, Judas Priest, Disturbed, Slayer, Pantera, Static-X, System of a Down among dozens of others.

Reactions: blackbones
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT