ADVERTISEMENT

Whats the most disappointing metal band?

DooBi

HR Legend
Sep 18, 2006
Gotta be Anthrax. Super fast and heavy music. Big heavy amazing guitars. Excellent content. And then a cheesy 80s hairball singer. It sucks how amazing they are and how unbelievable they could have been.

I guess not everyone can be Phil Anselmo.

In the mid 1980s, Metallica told their fans that they would never go commercial and never write a love song.

Some people were disappointed in them. My taste in music changed so I don’t really care.

In the mid 1980s, Metallica told their fans that they would never go commercial and never write a love song.

Some people were disappointed in them. My taste in music changed so I don’t really care.

I was considering mentioning them because of post Black Album up until Death Magnetic. That and too many damn snares on St Anger.

Last edited:
Huge fan of Sepultura's early albums...Not a big fan of their work after Chaos A.D.

A few good songs on the Roots album..but they are not the same after Max left..
I think there is only one original member left. Their Machine Messiah from a couple years ago wasn't bad.

https%3A%2F%2Fpictures.betaseries.com%2Fbanners%2Fepisodes%2F75863%2F178945.jpg

I kinda agree with OP. I was prejudiced against thrash bands that had a lead singer that didnt play an instrument. Anthrax, Testament, Exodus, etc. It made them seem hair bandy. I was a snob.

They werent as good as the big 3 either. So there is that.

I kinda agree with OP. I was prejudiced against thrash bands that had a lead singer that didnt play an instrument. Anthrax, Testament, Exodus, etc. It made them seem hair bandy. I was a snob.

And yet, Scott Ian is one of the best thrash guitarist of all time. Kind of a waste imo

Try without looking at the dudes. Seems like we are listening with our eyes here.

Put a piece of paper over Poison. Listen to their sweet happy scales. I mean these aren't even in the same damn realm.

Easy one.

Guns N Roses. Really only put together 2 real albums. Axl too much of a dumbass

Could have been the monster act of the 90's-2000's.

Reactions: Bonerfarts
I just learned that Got The Time, my favorite Anthrax song, is a cover song. Joe Jackson. wtf.

I can see your point somewhat with Anthrax and Testament, but Exodus? No way. I would throw in Overkill though with the first two.

Reactions: Fan In Black
Gotta be Anthrax. Super fast and heavy music. Big heavy amazing guitars. Excellent content. And then a cheesy 80s hairball singer. It sucks how amazing they are and how unbelievable they could have been.

I guess not everyone can be Phil Anselmo.

I couldnt ever get into Anthrax either .. The vocals take away the aggression of thier music. I've always considered them way overrated for heavy but instrumentally they are decent.

Reactions: DooBi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT