ADVERTISEMENT

What's with the short nets?

A

anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba

Why are the NCAA nets so short? I don't recall seeing such short nets ever. Anybody got the scoop on this? I'd love to know why, especially because I don't like them. I much prefer the standard, longer nets.

Reactions: BDinIC
Why are the NCAA nets so short? I don't recall seeing such short nets ever. Anybody got the scoop on this? I'd love to know why, especially because I don't like them. I much prefer the standard, longer nets.
Adjust your television set.

Uh, open your eyes. The nets are about a foot shorter than the nets college basketball has used all season. But thanks for your brilliance. Glad you took the time to be a smart ass. Hope you enjoyed it.

Good for you, but maybe you should find another hobby.

So much hostility today on HR.

I agree with the OP that it is a little odd that all nets have suddenly switched to a shorter style. I thought I noticed some during a conference tournament too (maybe Big 12).

It’s not a huge deal and I don’t think the OP was making it one other than an observation. I’d think running teams would like a longer quicker net and slower teams would like a shorter slower net. When a shot is pure it goes through the net quickly regardless of net length.

Apparently I cared. Sorry I didn’t see the rules for posting about things that weren’t a big deal. I will get back to the posts with non-stop complaints, whining, fighting, and crying.

Is there some mechanism we can send all potential posts to you for approval before posting?
Nah, you don’t need to send future posts to me for approval. I’ll let it go this time...but watch it! :D

Reactions: fivec61
Uh, open your eyes. The nets are about a foot shorter than the nets college basketball has used all season. But thanks for your brilliance. Glad you took the time to be a smart ass. Hope you enjoyed it.

Foot shorter? Maybe 2-4 inches and just look like new nets that have not been broke in to me.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
I just pray that none of these arenas have the "car horn" buzzers. I never realized such a small thing could practically ruin my game-watching experience.

They probably are cheaper, and the NCAA is saving money because they know the nets are going to be cut down at the end of the tournament.

Reactions: Madman_1
Longer tighter nets will slow down a run & gun team after a made basket. That .5 of a second makes a difference for the defense.

Rumor has it that NCAA vice president David McDaniels recently had his wife lose her foot to the diabetics. The president of the NCAA Derek McDougal saw that David was having a hard time and to lighten his spirits he decided to honor his wife by making to nets a foot shorter to symbolizes the foot the NCAA family had lost.

Rumor has it that NCAA vice president David McDaniels recently had his wife lose her foot to the diabetics. The president of the NCAA Derek McDougal saw that David was having a hard time and to lighten his spirits he decided to honor his wife by making to nets a foot shorter to symbolizes the foot the NCAA family had lost.

Lol omg

Reactions: Moral
Maybe it’s cold

0G6gl9xQCc--Cqfl1LbSgZ-yizLNxN4_PV6EL9yhCZA.png

Reactions: td77 and fivec61
i would think the the nets being shorter than the players are used to could throw off depth perception.

those short nets look like crap.

Like the small nets the trailer park kids use to put on their cheap off color rims back in the day. The cheap shit nets you can buy in 3 packs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT