ADVERTISEMENT

What's with the sudden throwing of Joe under the bus?

desihawk

HR Legend
Oct 1, 2002
Other than the first 25 mins I watched last night's debate. Going in everyone in the world knew that Joe these days has some difficulty in articulation. Considering his limitations he seemed to hold his own. Not saying he did great, just that he didn't do worse than expected. Logically, last night's debate should've changed nobody's perceptions about Joe (or about Trump.) Yet I'm amazed to see a huge chunk of dems ready to cast off Joe. It's not like they found out something new about him last night.

Other than the first 25 mins I watched last night's debate. Going in everyone in the world knew that Joe these days has some difficulty in articulation. Considering his limitations he seemed to hold his own. Not saying he did great, just that he didn't do worse than expected. Logically, last night's debate should've changed nobody's perceptions about Joe (or about Trump.) Yet I'm amazed to see a huge chunk of dems ready to cast off Joe. It's not like they found out something new about him last night.
The first half hour was unwatchable. Watch this:

He sure did worse then I expected. Especially with all of this time to prepare, for him to come out of the blocks so poorly, was surprising.

With the images of his wife holding his arm while he walks down from the stage and the blank dementia stare and the strangled cat old man voice he only could have done worse by falling down.

I don’t think Biden is coherent more than 2-3 hrs a day.

I still think he beats Trump if he can stay alive that long. Be curious to see some polling data from the swing states today.

We have been told by Obama, Hillary, KJP, and left wing media that he is sharp as a tack and not in any decline.

Lots of democrats believed these lies while Republicans claimed they were being lied to about his condition.

Last night the dems were forced to admit what sane people already knew. Biden is not well and is not fit to run the country.

Last edited:
We have been told by Obama, Hillary, KJP, and left wing media that he is sharp as a tack and not in any decline.

Lots of democrats believed these lied while Republicans claimed they were being lied to about his condition.

Last night the dems were forced to admit what same people already knew. Biden is not well and is not fit to run the country.

I turned it off after about the first 10-15 minutes. It was depressing. It was like watching Grumpy Old Men, but 2 old bastards that are actually running for POTUS.
It really was. I started watching and even Biden’s walk on stage looked like a challenge for him. Like he was concentrating so hard not to stumble or something. And the blank stare was almost creepy. After several minutes I had to check the official debate thread to see if others were seeing it too. Pretty much everybody but Chis saw the same shit.

I'm not much of a conspiracy theory person, but IMHO, there was only one reason to put Biden on stage last night, to show his decline and open the door to replace him. I sure didn't expect the performance he gave last night, but I'm not around him every day. Anyone that is surely knew what would happen. No way he is on the ticket come convention time. If he is, we get what we deserve.

They have been shoving this shit down our throats for months.

He is a vegetable.

The reason we keep passing the buck on all these international issues is our leader cannot lead.

They want to get him to December, then 86 him, who would ever question an old.man dying, and we get 3.5 years of far left squad show. That's the plan, always has been, but Biden doesn't have the gas to make it to December and no amount of dark money in the world can convince the public what they just watched wasn't really what they watched.

I'm not much of a conspiracy theory person, but IMHO, there was only one reason to put Biden on stage last night, to show his decline and open the door to replace him. I sure didn't expect the performance he gave last night, but I'm not around him every day. Anyone that is surely knew what would happen last night. No way he is on the ticket come convention time. If he is, we get what we deserve.
have to say you may be onto something. it's like the commentary was ready to go even before the event ended. otherwise wouldn't someone somewhere be standing up for the old guy? a lot of folks have been saying that Joe's done a decent job in office, yet overnight he becomes unacceptable...

It really was. I started watching and even Biden’s walk on stage looked like a challenge for him. Like he was concentrating so hard not to stumble or something. And the blank stare was almost creepy. After several minutes I had to check the official debate thread to see if others were seeing it too. Pretty much everybody but Chis saw the same shit.
Now I feel down right dirty after havin RonCuba 😍 one of my posts ☹️😬

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
It seems like it was all pre planned?

have to say you may be onto something. it's like the commentary was ready to go even before the event ended. otherwise wouldn't someone somewhere be standing up for the old guy? a lot of folks have been saying that Joe's done a decent job in office, yet overnight he becomes unacceptable...
Newsome and Harris had his back….maybe part of the plan, maybe not…

Trump gave him every opportunity to call out his lies but he failed miserably. All night long.

Shifting to immigrants murdering young women five seconds into a response on the SCt overturning Roe v Wade was inexplicable and unforgivable. Take your strongest position and instead bring up your weakest.
What in the hell?

Blank stare, open mouth all the way through never changed. No throwing under bus.

He did better than I anticipated.

Shifting to immigrants murdering young women five seconds into a response on the SCt overturning Roe v Wade was inexplicable and unforgivable. Take your strongest position and instead bring up your weakest.
What in the hell?
His brain is scrambles at times. He would probably do fine if having no pressure for answers but unfortunately for him that’s not the case for POTUS….

Blank stare, open mouth all the way through never changed. No throwing under bus.

He did better than I anticipated.
Like watching Iowa football. Biden was the offense. Drump lying constantly would be the defense setting up the offense time after time…. Yet the offense fails to produce time after time. Sigh…..

Beyond just the fumbling over his lines there is also the issue that he just looked tired with no energy.

I think that was the more striking thing than the fact that he fumbled over some stuff. The fact that he looked like he had no zeal, no energy, no fight. Gone was the "Would you just shut up man" from 4 years ago. Now you had someone rambling on in a weak voice.

His energy picked up a little but he never got beyond a low-medium level of energy.

He sure did worse then I expected. Especially with all of this time to prepare, for him to come out of the blocks so poorly, was surprising.
In hindsight, team Biden should have gone the direction Team Trump did. Stick to three topics. Speak in non-specifics and don’t answer any questions. It’s much easier to just make stuff up than it is to speak with actual facts. I think Biden’s team probably over prepped Biden which probable ended up confusing him.

Beyond just the fumbling over his lines there is also the issue that he just looked tired with no energy.

I think that was the more striking thing than the fact that he fumbled over some stuff. The fact that he looked like he had no zeal, no energy, no fight. Gone was the "Would you just shut up man" from 4 years ago. Now you had someone rambling on in a weak voice.

His energy picked up a little but he never got beyond a low-medium level of energy.
He’s 82!

In hindsight, team Biden should have gone the direction Team Trump did. Stick to three topics. Speak in non-specifics and don’t answer any questions. It’s much easier to just make stuff up than it is to speak with actual facts. I think Biden’s team probably over prepped Biden which probable ended up confusing him.
Biden still would have needed to walk and look into the camera. IMO that is what fried him last night. The guy is Gone.

I got the impression from Biden’s answer to the first question that he had several things memorized that he absolutely had to say at some point in the debate and he rambled them all out in that one answer. I almost expected him to smile at the end and say “I did it! Ha!”After that he got seriously lost at times.

Lol

I'll give Chis credit, I swear at one point he posted "We are toast"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT