ADVERTISEMENT

When does 2023-24 WBB Media Guide come out?

conn53victor

All-Conference
Oct 15, 2014
I like to download each year’s Iowa women’s basketball media guide, so I can look at stats and records. Against Fairleigh Dickinson, we scored 35 first quarter points. Is that a record for a quarter? Nope. Last year’s media guide reveals that in 2020-21 pre-conference games, Iowa scored 38 points in a quarter against both UNI and Drake. What about last year? I dunno because the media guide doesn’t show up anywhere.

Here’s a link to last year’s guide in case you want to take a look.
2022-23 Iowa Women’s Basketball Media Guide

Reactions: mphawk
The new media guide is out. Unsurprisingly, Caitlin Clark dominates the individual records sections. And you ain’t seen nothing yet.

I noticed that on page 83 of this year’s guide, the score for the December 3, 1974, game against Grandview is marked as unavailable. I dug through old Daily Iowans to find the score. One newspaper article lists the game as a defeat to Drake by a score of 83-37. We’d already lost to Drake only a couple of weeks earlier. Since the Grandview game was in Des Moines, someone may have assumed it was against Drake, but who knows?

Once I realized that the college is actually two words- Grand View- I was able to find the an article from the Des Moines Register. Grand View was actually a junior college until the mid-1970s, so we probably lost badly to a two year college and allowed someone to score 17 of 20 from the field. Oof.

Here’s the link
2023-24 Iowa WBB Media Guide

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT