ADVERTISEMENT

When does it become official?

UCF is on par with Michigan St. Yes, ISU had to come back but they did. Meanwhile, you got pasted by a very average MSU. It's comical hearing the strength of schedule argument. Iowa missed 7 of the top 8 BIG teams this year! If you couldn't make the playoff this year, you never will. Looks like another exciting Outback bowl is coming your way!
lol - Michigan State on the road for their homecoming is a tougher opponent than UCF in Ames.

Reactions: Bobhaywood
If the Iowa football program continues its downward spiral, Iowa will free fall below them.

Iowa State was vastly superior in basketball during the Hoiberg years, where Iowa fans took solace in believing Iowa State had a bunch of “thugs” because they weren’t as white as Iowa, then crashed and burned under Prohm while Fran pissed away his most talented teams due to his insatiable need to prop up his sons and JBo. Now, Iowa is stuck with Fran, thanks to Bendover Barta, until Fran is ready to bolt while TJ O. Is building something special in Ames.

The clear difference is in fan expectations. Back in the 1980s and early 1990s, Iowa was expected to compete at a high level. Now they are just expected to do enough not to suck because the old timers are petrified of the ghosts of Todd Lickliter and Frank Lauterbur.
Thuggery has nothing to do with race, but how people act.

Be better than that.

Never said ISU was a premier program. I did say they have been getting better under Campbell, and have a "chance" in Big 12 every year.

As for women's bball, ISU has been pretty good over the years with Fennelly, perhaps even better than Iowa overall. The last few seasons with Clark, Iowa has certainly been better Now that CC is gone, I expect things to be more even. Hence my "call it a tie" comment.

As for the other stuff, call me (and others) names all you want. Im a big boy and can handle your insults. I just choose to not act like that and try to encourage others to act in a similar civil manner. Do what you want.

I find it funny, however, that this message board is the ONLY place I see the term "Clowns" used in reference to Iowa State. I just returned from running a few errands. I had an ISU sweatshirt on and no one called me a clown. Internet message boards tend to bring out the worst in people I guess.
I call Iowa State teams the “clowns” in front of Iowa State fans all the time.

They survived a meltdown against UCF due to a fluke dropped ball at the 1 yard line. They'll get annihilated in the playoffs. Sure, they'll brag every year until the end of time that they made the playoffs, but teams like Texas, Oregon, Ohio State, Georgia, and Alabama will steal their lunch and shove them in a locker.
Is it a foregone conclusion that the clowns make the football playoffs?

I actually think the Iowa men’s hoops team will give the clowns all they want in Carver this season.
They might.

I think they have enough decent players and more athleticism this year to be competitive. It’s also hard to predict rivalry games.

I also don’t think Iowa State has won at Carver since 2014, so it’s not a foregone conclusion Iowa State wins.

However, Iowa football would have a much better chance of going undefeated if they were in the B12 (yuck) vs in the Big 10. The loss to Iowa State was flukey…if Iowa simply continues ball control offense in 2nd half, without Cade forcing a dumb 3d qtr interception. Iowa wins that game.

My issue with this thought is that conference tends to have better offensive skill positions than ours. Over the past several years, I’m not sure how we would fair against QBs like Oklahoma has had. Guys that can throw and run. Like ISU, but better talent. Then throw in our offense can’t hardly score and I don’t think it’s as easy as what people think.

ISU plays defense, maybe not as good in the past as Iowa but they are still salty. The difference is, they have competent to good offense too where Iowa’s offense is downright incompetent to terrible (like worst in major Div 1 football).

My issue with this thought is that conference tends to have better offensive skill positions than ours. Over the past several years, I’m not sure how we would fair against QBs like Oklahoma has had. Guys that can throw and run. Like ISU, but better talent. Then throw in our offense can’t hardly score and I don’t think it’s as easy as what people think.

ISU plays defense, maybe not as good in the past as Iowa but they are still salty. The difference is, they have competent to good offense too where Iowa’s offense is downright incompetent to terrible (like worst in major Div 1 football).
ISU gave up 35 to Central Florida. Clone defense is not what Iowa would call salty.

ISU gave up 35 to Central Florida. Clone defense is not what Iowa would call salty.

I think yesterday was about as bad as I have seen Iowa St play, so one game doesn’t make them a bad defensive team. We could’ve easily given up nearly 50 to MSU, but we kept holding them to FGs. Does that mean I think our defense is bad, nah just a notch or so lower than it has been.

I also think MSU’s run offense punched us in the mouth. I thought they were the most physcal defense we’ve played besides Ohio St.

Never said ISU was a premier program. I did say they have been getting better under Campbell, and have a "chance" in Big 12 every year.

As for women's bball, ISU has been pretty good over the years with Fennelly, perhaps even better than Iowa overall. The last few seasons with Clark, Iowa has certainly been better Now that CC is gone, I expect things to be more even. Hence my "call it a tie" comment.

As for the other stuff, call me (and others) names all you want. Im a big boy and can handle your insults. I just choose to not act like that and try to encourage others to act in a similar civil manner. Do what you want.

I find it funny, however, that this message board is the ONLY place I see the term "Clowns" used in reference to Iowa State. I just returned from running a few errands. I had an ISU sweatshirt on and no one called me a clown. Internet message boards tend to bring out the worst in people I guess.
Everybody calls them the Clowns, and always has.

Have you ever been to an Iowa club in any major city? "Clowns" is used quite a bit. 🤡

Again, what really matters is right now. ISU women have a preseason ranking of #8. Iowa is unranked.

Iowa had nice run with Clark, but shes gone.

Iowa fans seem to live of history to validate their supposed superiority over Iowa State. I prefer to look at what is happening right now.
A preseason ranking means nothing and isn’t happening at all yet. Back to back national championship appearances have put Iowa women’s basketball on the national map. Just look at the recruiting. Losing a generational talent like CC hurts no doubt but her legacy and what she’s doing and has done for the program is still growing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT