ADVERTISEMENT

Where’s my f’n $10k handout?!? I’m being discriminated against since I don’t have a school loan. Forgive my auto loan then!

Your entire post is BS. Everyone is paying for this white liberal handout through higher taxes and higher inflation. If you don't understand that than you are even dumber than I thought you were and trust me, that was a high hill to climb.
your mistake is thinking they care... tax and spend, spend and tax... throw another billion at Ukraine for no apparent reason. who cares its just fake money we're adding to the deficit.

I mean, I didn't think it was fair when Trump gave farmers tons of handouts and bailouts during the tariff war that he started but I didn't bitch near this much.
Oh you bitched and bitched and bitched. ;)

Oh you bitched and bitched and bitched. ;)
Nothing wrong with a good bitchfest :)

But no, I may have made one or two posts on it but it's more from a standpoint of pointing out the Right's hyprocrisy. I don't have strong feelings on that farmer handout just like I don't this handout. My preference would be both not to happen though. It's just funny when Righties bitch like crazy about this but nary a word about the Trump handouts.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Not getting a degree of sorts I’m this day and age is just plain laziness or lack of ambition. I’m including trade and tech schools as well

Your entire post is BS. Everyone is paying for this white liberal handout through higher taxes and higher inflation. If you don't understand that than you are even dumber than I thought you were and trust me, that was a high hill to climb.
You know what's dumb? Saying something is BS and then proceeding to do nothing to show why it is BS. Instead, you just go with insults.

Is this the part you thought was BS?

You want to see some real BS?

Nothing wrong with a good bitchfest :)

But no, I may have made one or two posts on it but it's more from a standpoint of pointing out the Right's hyprocrisy. I don't have strong feelings on that farmer handout just like I don't this handout. My preference would be both not to happen though. It's just funny when Righties bitch like crazy about this but nary a word about the Trump handouts.
This may hold true for you, and I agree about the right’s hypocrisy, but I don’t dismiss the left’s hypocrisy on this subject either. Nah. ;)

You know what's dumb? Saying something is BS and then proceeding to do nothing to show why it is BS. Instead, you just go with insults.

I'd love to see how many of those same folks also got employee retention credit money on top of the PPP. I'd bet at least some of them did.

Reactions: BioHawk
Buying votes. Democrats congratulating each other for spending more taxpayer money. Sickening!
"Why are poor to middle class people happy they're benefiting from the government handing out money and not airlines, rich people, and corporations?!"

This may hold true for you, and I agree about the right’s hypocrisy, but I don’t dismiss the left’s hypocrisy on this subject either. Nah. ;)
The left has hyprocrisy for sure just not on this issue. I don't think libs are ever upset about giving money to middle clas people like farmers. What upsets them, and what I think you may be not quite understanding, is when Rs spend money on handouts and then bitch when libs do it. Everyone knows a lib likes to spend money :)

I like it that there seems to be a large impact for minority, and low income earners. If I'm giving money away as a taxpayer I'm glad that it's going to the people who don't benefit from generational wealth.

I like it that there seems to be a large impact for minority, and low income earners. If I'm giving money away as a taxpayer I'm glad that it's going to the people who don't benefit from generational wealth.
if you don't know whether you want to vote for Joe or Trump... then you ain't black.

My condolences to those of you who made $125,001 last year and have student debt. My congratulations to those of you who made $124,999.
I had to start doing math....think I will just make it under the married level. Sad part is next year would make it easy...bonuses are gonna suck this year.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
On NPR this morning they had this jackass from the American Center for Progress on the show, and the host asked him this very question about fairness.

His answer was the most ridiculous word salad I've ever heard.

MARTIN: Right. And we're going to talk about that. But is there a way to do debt forgiveness fairly? Because a lot of people will point out the fact that they have paid their student loans back in full after working and sacrificing. How does the administration walk that line?

BASS: You know, I think you have to walk that line just looking at, you know, just the existing programs already. So we have public service loan forgiveness. We have income-driven repayment, which are both repayment options that promise debt forgiveness or debt cancellation already within the higher education system. Unfortunately, you know, the Government Accountability Office and other government watchdogs have found that those programs have not been working. So in another sense, you know, there's a question of fairness to borrowers who were hoping to rely on those programs in order to see some debt relief. Those programs have not worked. So debt cancellation, especially one that's broad based, could be seen as, you know, making good on government's promise to those borrowers as well. So there's an issue of fairness on that side.

“Fairness” is very subjective. It is an inappropriate word to use in discussions like this. “Fair” and “not fair” might be two of the most over used and misused words in the English language. As Americans constantly seek their place in “victimhood” the word “fair” will continue to be abused.

If you don't understand how spending and printing money raises inflation and taxes, then you need to stop voicing your useless opinion because you have no basis for it. I guess it was my fault to expect you had even a slight grasp of middle school economics.

As for the PPP loans, the government forced businesses to close and required the now infamous "14 day" pause to get covid under control. Do you remember that? I would agree if businesses weren't required to close or keep their employees and customer's home, then they shouldn't have been given anything but there were and that was due to a government edict. So if your opinions are not based in fact or truth, please keep them to yourself.

The Feds underwrite your home purchase by allowing you to deduct your mortgage interest....and over time Bubs, that comes out to a helluva lot more money!
The fact that you think you need to justify this illegal government wealth transfer, shows you are as dishonest as all leftists. Anything for team blue right? Legal, illegal right or wrong no matter. If team blue said, you're for it.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that this loan forgiveness scheme will never come to fruition and Biden knows it. He waited for practically the last moment so as not to give the courts time to stop it before the midterms. This is all a vote buying scam to convince young morons to show up and vote for team blue. The president does not have the authority to spend what they now say is over 500 billion dollars without congressional action. But by the time the ruling is made, the election will be over.

If you don't understand how spending and printing money raises inflation and taxes, then you need to stop voicing your useless opinion because you have no basis for it. I guess it was my fault to expect you had even a slight grasp of middle school economics.

As for the PPP loans, the government forced businesses to close and required the now infamous "14 day" pause to get covid under control. Do you remember that? I would agree if businesses weren't required to close or keep their employees and customer's home, then they shouldn't have been given anything but there were and that was due to a government edict. So if your opinions are not based in fact or truth, please keep them to yourself.

Middle school economics? Is that a thing? A dumbed down version of neoclassical economics is taught in high schools and it makes all kinds of morons raised during the Cold War think they're experts on economics which they regard as a hard science because they're morons.

Abby says this will cause worse inflation because of middle school economics. The underwater basket weaving students at Goldman Sachs and Bank of America say it won't. I don't know who to believe.

• Haha
Reactions: abby97

Wait, my bad. You have an imaginary debate against a point I wasn't making because you are weird like that. No where in my post did I mention inflation at all. That's something you just created. And your attempt to blow off members of Congress, who are chirping the same talking points as you are here, as just not true is laughable. I mean, we've had some terribly dishonest posters on these boards before but I never realized there was a trophy for most dishonest poster. Keep it up, abby, you're on a roll!

• Haha
Reactions: abby97
You did. It's the low taxes that you voted for, leaving younger people to pay much higher tuition than you did.
Or perhaps it is the governments willingness to provide huge amounts of loan money and students willingness to take out these loans that has led to the rising cost of college. Loans are provided and taken, colleges say hey lets charge more, more loans are provided. This is an ill-advised, vote grab. I don't begrudge people accepting the 'free' money, but to think this will help anyone long term is probably wrong.

The fact that you think you need to justify this illegal government wealth transfer, shows you are as dishonest as all leftists. Anything for team blue right? Legal, illegal right or wrong no matter. If team blue said, you're for it.
I didn’t realize that just “leftists” were going to receive this tax credit for education. You are just a fountain of information!
And I never realized that citizens and tax payers of just “the left” realized the mortgage interest deduction on their federal income taxes!
Do you have a news letter or something I can sign up for?

The Feds underwrite your home purchase by allowing you to deduct your mortgage interest....and over time Bubs, that comes out to a helluva lot more money!
The same Feds will do the same for the people they just gave $10k to as well. When they do, I will expect my check plus interest.

“Fairness” is very subjective. It is an inappropriate word to use in discussions like this. “Fair” and “not fair” might be two of the most over used and misused words in the English language. As Americans constantly seek their place in “victimhood” the word “fair” will continue to be abused.
I disagree. "Racist" has taken the lead in that category.

It was learned today that those who live in Indiana and receive this loan forgiveness will end up owing the state about $500 in income taxes as the state considers this kind of relief as income. I have not heard how other states will handle this.

OP do you whine that much when farmers get their welfare checks? How about the 2 trillion that went to the wealthiest americans when trump was prez?

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I got your hand out right here
crotch-grab-crotch.gif

Phuquin’ Repubbers are in prime complaint mode….and amazingly, they don’t have an answer either….but then America is still waiting for that super-duper perfect healthcare plan the GOP has in store for American….we have only been writing for about 6 years now…

Reactions: billanole
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT