ADVERTISEMENT

Where are all the former players?

If that's how we think then we have a societal problem.

haha, this made me laugh. I assume sarcasm but if not, wow. We’ve been stuck in a rut with this topic for a while now. “It’s time to have an honest and difficult conversation, but understand if you’re white, we don’t want to hear what you think. We want to tell you what you’re supposed to think.”

Reactions: HawkInArk and CP84
[QUOTE="Pepperman, post: 7864355, member: 3224" “It’s time to have an honest and difficult conversation, but understand if you’re white, we don’t want to hear what you think. We want to tell you what you’re supposed to think.”[/QUOTE]

Pat spoke. You believe him don't you. You should, just as much as the other 40-50 who said something different about Doyle. It amazes me that so many Hawk fans can't accept that Ferentz and Barta, the two most familiar with the program, reviewed the situation with Doyle and determined that he needed to be separated from the program. These types of decisions are not made lightly or without cause.

Doyle can now take his expertise and $1,000,000 plus and go help other athletes get bigger and stronger. And maybe he will be able to say whatever the hell he wants to whoever the hell he wants. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Reactions: hawkbirch
[QUOTE="Pepperman, post: 7864355, member: 3224" “It’s time to have an honest and difficult conversation, but understand if you’re white, we don’t want to hear what you think. We want to tell you what you’re supposed to think.”

Pat spoke. You believe him don't you. You should, just as much as the other 40-50 who said something different about Doyle. It amazes me that so many Hawk fans can't accept that Ferentz and Barta, the two most familiar with the program, reviewed the situation with Doyle and determined that he needed to be separated from the program. These types of decisions are not made lightly or without cause.

Doyle can now take his expertise and $1,000,000 plus and go help other athletes get bigger and stronger. And maybe he will be able to say whatever the hell he wants to whoever the hell he wants. Sounds like a win-win to me.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps because I don't do Twitter...but I have seen nowhere near 40 or 50 people making accusations against Doyle/Iowa FB. I have seen several people make reference to the "40 or 50" complaintants, but I have seen nowhere near that amount. Most of what I have heard/read about this has been here on HROT.

Were these 40 or 50 separate offenses OR a few perceived offenses that then others affirmed or chimed in on? Most of what I have seen was pretty vague and had much more to do with discipline/rules than racial issues. What am I missing?

Did Doyle institute the no social media posting policy or was he one that monitored/enforced it? The one offense that was initially aimed at Doyle regarding "...sending you back to the ghetto..." was later walked back by the complaintant, was it not?

When the dust settled, to me, it seemed like much more smoke than fire. In retrospect, what were the truly offensive things that he, or other coaches, were accused of?

Maybe there aren't any?

If there aren't legitimate accusations, then you're saying that Ferentz and Barta terminated a coach of 21 years for no reason at all. Do I believe that? Absolutely not. This is not the executive branch of the US.

But if that were true, then Ferentz and Barta have to go.

If there aren't legitimate accusations, then you're saying that Ferentz and Barta terminated a coach of 21 years for no reason at all. Do I believe that? Absolutely not.

The current state of this country calls for the bullying of people until the agenda-seekers get what they desire. The ganging-up-on until there is literally no other option in the eyes of the public..

There's little doubt in my mind that Chris Doyle was insensitive to these sensitive 18-22 year-olds that decided they wanted to play big-time football at a big-time program, yet also keeping inside themselves the fact they were not capable of being challenged at the highest level.

You do not come to a major program such as Iowa, underperform or not meet expectations, and not expect ridicule or "rough and tumble" remarks directed at you.

It wasn't because of the color of their skin - it was because these guys had flaws that showed up (i.e. Kallenberger having ADHD or whatever it was) and Doyle wasn't putting up with it.

I've said this once before - we were ridiculed in a "meaner" fashion IN 8TH GRADE!

When do the former players who loved their time at Iowa & time with the football program show their support & call B.S. on some of this stuff?

Seems like every ACCUSATION has been taken as fact, are they too afraid of being called racist or is there something else going on?
You tell me, backwards orange hat guy. I've been following your no-nonsense guidance in regards to the hoax that is Covid-19 like gospel; please shine your guiding light on this issue as well, and provide some clarity for us heathens; I will await the good word from the savior that is you, backwards orange hat guy. Praise be!

Reactions: m.stoops2013
Personally keep waiting for Greenway to acknowledge something about this mess. Don't care if its supporting former players, coaches, or the change that the program is working towards, etc. but for someone who's leaned on the Hawkeye fanbase quite often (especially for pimping his vodka) the public ignoring of the issue is disheartening.

Why just Greenway? What makes him so different.

You tell me, backwards orange hat guy. I've been following your no-nonsense guidance in regards to the hoax that is Covid-19 like gospel; please shine your guiding light on this issue as well, and provide some clarity for us heathens; I will await the good word from the savior that is you, backwards orange hat guy. Praise be!

First off it's a red hat.
2ndly praise be brother Drew, I will address this once the investigation is complete.

Reactions: drew_hawk
When do the former players who loved their time at Iowa & time with the football program show their support & call B.S. on some of this stuff?

Seems like every ACCUSATION has been taken as fact, are they too afraid of being called racist or is there something else going on?
Well when you consider the number of negative accusations with seem to number about 40 compared to the number of players that have went through the program in the 21 years of Kirks time of Iowa it's a pretty small sample size. And right now they're only promoting negativity on the news and especially ESPN I would be shocked if they actually posted a positive response from one of the players. A good example is Quinn early who had nice things to say but you don't see that on the media.

Reactions: m.stoops2013

Doyle can now take his expertise and $1,000,000 plus and go help other athletes get bigger and stronger. And maybe he will be able to say whatever the hell he wants to whoever the hell he wants. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Perhaps because I don't do Twitter...but I have seen nowhere near 40 or 50 people making accusations against Doyle/Iowa FB. I have seen several people make reference to the "40 or 50" complaintants, but I have seen nowhere near that amount. Most of what I have heard/read about this has been here on HROT.

Were these 40 or 50 separate offenses OR a few perceived offenses that then others affirmed or chimed in on? Most of what I have seen was pretty vague and had much more to do with discipline/rules than racial issues. What am I missing?

Did Doyle institute the no social media posting policy or was he one that monitored/enforced it? The one offense that was initially aimed at Doyle regarding "...sending you back to the ghetto..." was later walked back by the complaintant, was it not?

When the dust settled, to me, it seemed like much more smoke than fire. In retrospect, what were the truly offensive things that he, or other coaches, were accused of?[/QUOTE]
This is actually a good question. Who ore the 40-50 people with accusations? I don’t recall seeing that many. Has there been any confirmation on this number.

angerer is awesome. doyle got shafted. iowa is on shambles over twitter and Antifa. way to go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT