ADVERTISEMENT

Where carbon emissions come from in each state

The computer screen on which you are reading this article, the clothes that you are wearing, the food that you eat and even the cars in which you ride all have one thing in common. What is this thing? They all are comprised of some element of carbon. Actually, all organic things are made up of carbon. This is why the study of carbon and its components is so important.

The origin of the name ‘carbon’ is a Latin word ‘carbo’ which means charcoal. This may come as a surprise to you, but it is the fourth most abundant element in the entire universe. And it is the second most abundant element in our bodies, the first being oxygen. As a matter of fact, all organic substances in the world contain carbon in some form or element, which is why it is the base for the entire branch of organic chemistry.

Carbon is everywhere. Deal with it.

The computer screen on which you are reading this article, the clothes that you are wearing, the food that you eat and even the cars in which you ride all have one thing in common. What is this thing? They all are comprised of some element of carbon. Actually, all organic things are made up of carbon. This is why the study of carbon and its components is so important.

The origin of the name ‘carbon’ is a Latin word ‘carbo’ which means charcoal. This may come as a surprise to you, but it is the fourth most abundant element in the entire universe. And it is the second most abundant element in our bodies, the first being oxygen. As a matter of fact, all organic substances in the world contain carbon in some form or element, which is why it is the base for the entire branch of organic chemistry.

LOL - demonstrating yet again your ignorance on a subject.

The climate alarmists are already coming after fireplaces, BBQ grills and wood stoves in liberal states.

They'll take my Pit Barrel Cooker when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.
Common sense people know that some people take it too far. Can’t even have a new wood fire pizza place in LA, so bbq and pizza will die in LA. They’re also eliminating gas stoves. So good bye food of Chinatown when your gas stoves slowly die out and goodbye fine dining. It’s pretty sad that these micro things are being handled when massive industry is the real thing to focus on. Just like limiting showers when they’re drowning rice fields and almond trees.

Reactions: fsu1jreed

Oh my God… you are the worst type of fuggin idiot… the one who thinks they’re smart and making a salient point…completely unaware that anyone of at least below average understanding in science is laughing their ass off at your stupidity.

giphy.gif

"this may come as a surprise to you..." you are now even posting like King dipshit

For reference, OP says that smoking doesn't cause cancer.

THE_DEVIL said that?

Anyway, what I said is that lung cancer is an extremely rare disease. Smoking greatly increases the chance you'll get lung cancer, but even after increasing the chance of an extremely rare event, it remains an extremely rare event.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
THE_DEVIL said that?

Anyway, what I said is that lung cancer is an extremely rare disease. Smoking greatly increases the chance you'll get lung cancer, but even after increasing the chance of an extremely rare event, it remains an extremely rare event.

What percentage or ratio would you say is "extremely rare" ? .001% or 1 out of 1000 or what? What is your metric?

THE_DEVIL said that?

You're an abject idiot.

How common is lung cancer?

Lung cancer (both small cell and non-small cell) is the second most common cancer (not counting skin cancer). In men, prostate cancer is more common, while in women breast cancer is more common.

The American Cancer Society’s estimates for lung cancer in the United States for 2022 are:

• About 236,740 new cases of lung cancer (117,910 in men and 118,830 in women)
  • About 130,180 deaths from lung cancer (68,820 in men and 61,360 in women)
Lung cancer is by far the leading cause of cancer death , making up almost 25% of all cancer deaths. Each year, more people die of lung cancer than of colon, breast, and prostate cancers combined.

Overall, the chance that a man will develop lung cancer in his lifetime is about 1 in 15; for a woman, the risk is about 1 in 17. These numbers include both people who smoke and those who don't smoke. For people who smoke the risk is much higher, while for those who don't, the risk is lower.

You're an abject idiot.

How common is lung cancer?

Lung cancer (both small cell and non-small cell) is the second most common cancer (not counting skin cancer). In men, prostate cancer is more common, while in women breast cancer is more common.

The American Cancer Society’s estimates for lung cancer in the United States for 2022 are:

• About 236,740 new cases of lung cancer (117,910 in men and 118,830 in women)
  • About 130,180 deaths from lung cancer (68,820 in men and 61,360 in women)
Lung cancer is by far the leading cause of cancer death , making up almost 25% of all cancer deaths. Each year, more people die of lung cancer than of colon, breast, and prostate cancers combined.

Overall, the chance that a man will develop lung cancer in his lifetime is about 1 in 15; for a woman, the risk is about 1 in 17. These numbers include both people who smoke and those who don't smoke. For people who smoke the risk is much higher, while for those who don't, the risk is lower.

Damnit man! You undermined my trolling of the troll! Look at the post just above yours :)

That said, you do get a like..

Reactions: RileyHawk
Damnit man! You undermined my trolling of the troll! Look at the post just above yours :)

That said, you do get a like..
Sorry. But I don't think you would have gotten an answer. Trad says stupid shit all the time and then disappears to another thread to display his ignorance.

• Haha
Reactions: funksouljon
Sorry. But I don't think you would have gotten an answer. Trad says stupid shit all the time and then disappears to another thread to display his ignorance.

Call me eternally optimistic!

But I agree thats the pattern. Which is why he never seems to learn or get smarter. Hell, I think he admitted he hasn't read a book / novel in like 10 years.

So what is the "study of carbon and its components" called?

JFC!

1). “Some element of carbon”? Carbon IS an element!
2). “All organic materials contain carbon”. Yes, as that is the very definition of organic.
3). Car as organic? Screen? I doubt organic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT