ADVERTISEMENT

Where would the Hawks be ranked IF…

Jun 8, 2022
What’s our CFP ranking if we aren’t jobbed out of the MN win and are sitting at 11-1? And how do you think the top 4 plays out if we would then go on to win the BIG next weekend?

Sadly I think we’d currently be #12 behind Penn St (current week rankings) and only Louisville lost this week ahead. So even if we were 11-1, I think we’d be ranked about #11 after this weekend…which would mean even a win in the BIG probably leaves us out of the CFP this year (unless there’s just total chaos in championship week). I think the top 4 would come down to:

1) Winner of Georgia vs Alabama
2) Winner of Washington vs Oregon
3) Would probably still take a one loss Georgia or a one loss Washington ahead of us
4) Texas is they win the big12
5) FSU if they win the ACC

So we would have needed Georgia, Washington, Oklahoma St, and Louisville to all win next weekend (and us of course). It could happen - but maybe it was better to have our hearts ripped out vs Minnesota rather than have them ripped out had we gone 12-1 and get left out of the last year of the 4 team CFP.

Disclaimer…yes, I’m trying to make the Minnesota B.S. not sting as bad…. But what say you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT